map marker icon Shipping to
When you call, mention priority code 205-9DNC
  • Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri 7:30AM - 11:30PM
  • Tue 11:00AM - 11:30PM

Rating and Reviews: Behringer UB502 Eurorack

Ultra low-noise design 5-input 2-bus mixer. Does NOT provide phantom power.

"Great value for the money." submitted October 17, 2004

By a customer from juno.com
Overall
Music Style: Acoustic blues, ragtime. Some classic rock.
Sound: For the price paid...it sounds fine. No doubt there are better-sounding units out there, if one wants to pay the price for them. I bought this just to try it out, to see if it would solve a problem I had. Seems like it might work just fine. Feature: There aren't too many features you can expect (or fit) onto a three channel mixer. But I would have like to see phantom power. The EQ is two-band, instead of three (or more). Again, I'm sure there are better units out there for more money. For the price paid, this was ok. Quality: Looks to be well made. Can't know for sure until some hours have been put on the unit. After all, the true test of quality is how it performs over time. Value: I paid $30.00. Most manufacturers charge almost that much just for the power transformer that is used to power the thing. Manufacturer Support: There should be an option of 'don't know' because I've never had to deal with their support people. What I have found is that, in the music industry in general, support is very poor. Which leads me to believe that many manufacturers bank on someone 'wanting something so badly, they'll put up with poor (or non-existent) customer support. So it would be nice to find out that these people are the exception. The Wow Factor: No piece of musical equipment has 'sex appeal'. I suppose it looks good, though I'm more concerned in how it functions. Overall: Again, for the price paid, it's a non-issue. If it doesn't work out I'll buy a better unit. For the moment, though, it seems fine.

"A Little Mixer That's Good As A Basic Utility" submitted April 12, 2005

Musical Background: Recording/ Live Sound Engineer
Music Style: Worship, Rock, Folk, Acoustic, Orchestral, anything really
Sound: An analog mixing console in this class can only be expected to do one thing, and that is to pass signal without turning it into a pile of grunge. This mixer fulfills that expectation, so it gets points, but I docked two points simply to make sure that no one would get the wrong idea from a "10" rating. These mixers, sonically, are usually nothing special (good or bad.) Additionally, one shouldn't expect to hit the mix buss's summing amp too hard, and still have nice results. Feature: The product is nice for use as a cheap controller for the volume of powered monitors, as wells as a single-channel headphone amp. However, it doesn't provide much other than that. To earn a 10, this little guy would have to keep the same price point, while incorporating phantom power, more EQ, and some more routing options. Quality: The knobs seem relatively solid, which is the biggest thing that can be asked for in mixers at this level (I think.) It's a bit lightly built, and not designed to take abuse. I have had Behringer products hold up very well "on the road," but they were always treated gently. Without having a power switch (you have to pull the power connector entirely to shut the unit down), I suggest power cycling the unit as little as possible. Value: This is a very inexpensive mixer which, if you want nothing more than the simplest tool in the box, provides a workable and very cheap solution. If you want more than it has to offer, then its value drops to almost nothing. Manufacturer Support: The one time I've ever called Behringer was quite a pleasant experience, though not connected with this device. I spoke to a human who sounded interested in what was going on. The Wow Factor: Quite frankly, a piece of gear like this is akin to a flat-head screwdriver. When you need one, you just want one that's the right size, cheap, and fits the screw you have on hand. Mine is a volume knob, and that's about all. Objectively speaking, this kind of device (in general) neither inspires love nor hatred. Overall: It does what I need it to do, and is unlikely to die simply by sitting on a desk. If it did croak unexpectedly, a replacement unit would be cheap to procure.

"Great Product!" submitted December 5, 2004

Musical Background: Singer
Music Style: Serious pop
Sound: I am using this mixer strictly to control the sound that is coming from my soundcard and mic preamp (which has two outputs). In this regard, the sound quality is impressive that is outputted from my soundcard into this unit. Feature: The features are not plentiful but perfect for what I required. I like it better than a cheap Alessis I had before that was burdened with crappy effects. This unit is still cheap, but not crappy in any way. Also nice and small. Quality: For the price I did not expect to get such a nicely made unit. Very happy. Value: The price tag of this unit can not be beat. Manufacturer Support: Did not have to call them. The Wow Factor: I like the way it looks and how small it is. Looks professional regardless of the price. Overall: Not disappointed with this unit in any way.

"works great for desktop recording" submitted January 31, 2007

Overall
Sound: I use it to plug my guitar, bass, and drum machine into my computer to record. it sounds fine to me. it sounds at least as good as it ever sounded when I plugged directly into the computer. Feature: all I really need is to control the volume, have multiple outputs consolidated to one output that I can plug into my sound card, and have stereo sound. I really like the tape out, because I can record in stereo on my computer. Ease of Use: it's small and simple. the knobs are all self explanitory. Quality: I have yet to have any trouble with it. and I'm going on my third year with this mixer. Value: I don't really see how you could make the product much cheaper. I think it's worth it, especially for me with my desktop recording. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had any problems to deal with The Wow Factor: it looks cool. maybe if it had boobs it would look better. Overall: basically, this does everything I need it to do. I just record stuff onto my computer, so I just needed some medium to pass my instruments through that could produce stereo sound. the basic eq works well enough. the volume controls were all I really needed. probably the only reason that I might get a new mixer is if I ever have a need for more inputs.

Behringer UB502 Eurorack Customer Review submitted December 20, 2004

Overall
Quality: After 5 months of light use the power connector wore out (no on/off switch). Now in the trash.

"For the price, what is there to lose?" submitted December 29, 2003

Overall
Sound: It basically does its job, not bad at all. Vocals came out clear and nice overall (used in home studio recording purposes) Feature: Standard mixer stuff.. Low / High EQ works nice for vocals Quality: Diggin' the steel construction, the unit is compact and sturdy Value: You get what you pay for, but for the price i bought it ($35), i had nothing to lose. a good funcional piece in a home studio for a dirt price Overall: For a mixer it does its job and nothing more or less, however I was happy with the product. For such a cheap a price u can't beat it

When you call, mention priority code 205-9DNC. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Martes 9AM a 7PM EST

We have warehouses across the U.S., so most shipments arrive in 2 days or less.