When you call, mention priority code 1ZM-MNYQ

Rating and Reviews: Behringer EQ700 Pedal

Here's one effects pedal you'll want to leave on all the time. Shape your tone and eliminate feedback with 7 bands of EQ and 15 dB of cut/boost on each band.

Overall

"Diamond in the rough...for the price of a lump of coal." submitted December 9, 2005

By a customer from shaw.ca
Musical Background: Lifetime junkie
Music Style: All the above.
Sound: The tonal varieties are non-ending when you have such control over all the frequencies. If used in your effects loop (if your amp has one), the difference is phenomenol!!!! You can use it as a boost, but then when you turn it off the original amp sound is a bummer. What happens is you end up leaving it on all the time. A friend has a 10 Watt, 8" acoustic amp (total crap) and this pedal made it sound bearable. Feature: Turn your ears on, slide the levers up and down until it sounds right. Any EQ pedal will do this but for the price this is top notch. It's made to emulate the Boss GE7 (?), and they are completely comparable. Quality: The pedal is inexpensive to buy because it's inexpensive to make. Plastic casing, plastic controls, dust can just get right in there...but for the price, what the heck do you expect? Value: Can't do any better for the price...trust me....I tried! Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: It may not be the prettiest, but it gets the job done..and did I mention...it sounds great. Overall: I'll use it 'til it dies, or runs away. At that point I'd re-buy the exact same thing.

"Ignore the color,give it a STOMP and be prepared to be IMPRESED;After all, It is a BEHRINGER!" submitted August 9, 2008

By a customer from YAHOO.COM
Overall
Musical Background: Aspireing musician.
Music Style: BLUES.
Sound: I use it LIVE And to RECORD. Can't beat it for the PRICE. NOT crazy about the color but HEY, it sounds great. Manufacturer Support: NO problems; it works. The Wow Factor: Sound and Quality make-up for the color.Easy to use,And priced to sell Overall: It is a keeper,expect to have it a long time.

"Love that German engineering!" submitted February 7, 2007

Music Style: metal and 80's music
Ease of Use: Just like any other eq., you have to play withit for a while to get it right. Quality: This is the second one that I have owmed. After a year, sowmeone stole the first one. But for that year I had no problems with it. Value: The cheapest one on the market anywhere. Overall: I'll probably go through everal of these over the next 5 years simply becvaus I'm that rugh n epuiment. But I'll always come back to Behringer because their eq's are second to none. love that German engineering!

"Behringer is the Biggest Bang for the Buck" submitted May 30, 2014

By John S in Morrow, OH
Musical Background: Guitar player 50 years
Music Style: Blues, Classic rock
Overall: I'll repeat what other Behringer users already know. Behringer makes quality "tributes" of well known effects pedals and offers them at reasonable prices. The EQ700 is comparable to equalizers costing several times as much. It makes my amps and guitars sound great, offers infinite tonal ranges, is quiet (no unexpected hiss), and reliable. The case is ABS plastic, but so is your car bumper - the case does not easily crack or chip and will look good long after metal cases have deteriorated. I gig with Behringer pedals with no issues. Get a power adapter (they quickly consume batteries) and you're good to go.

"Behringer EQ700 Graphic EQ Pedal Case" submitted August 30, 2017

By Larry Giles in Franklin, TN
Musical Background: I play lead for variety band
Music Style: classic rock and country and pop country
Overall: handles all my standard efx pedals even my volume pedal. The price is right. I had the canvas/material efx pedal bags but they did not protect my pedals. So, the hard shell is the perfect fix. Came with power and connections cables.

"You won't find a better EQ pedal for the $" submitted March 17, 2006

Musical Background: Producer, recording engineer, and musician
Music Style: R&B, Jazz, Hip-hop, and funk
Feature: 7 band EQ settings really allow u to customize your tone. 9v Battery is nice. Quality: Pretty good. Value: Cheapest EQ pedal there is. The Wow Factor: Doesn't look that amazing, but I still want it. Overall: Great pedal. I like the tone it can make when I play slap bass. I raise the Low's and High's and keep the mid's where they are. This really lets you hear the plucks and slaps!

"the best for the price of the worst." submitted November 1, 2010

Overall
Music Style: Deathmetal, or acoustic indie.
Sound: it could just be my recording progam, or maybe my audio interface, but i experienced- not the most, but not the least- a bit of ugly feedback. made my peavey mystic sound like a gibson digital though. Feature: as of its cost versus how up to par it is with other pedals of the same features, it greatly nerfs them. there's still that slight ugly feedback though. Ease of Use: simple yet versatile. perfect in a way. Quality: as opposed to cost, like i said, its one of the best on the market. Value: definitely a deal. Manufacturer Support: i haven't needed to talk to them. eh. The Wow Factor: it just looks standard, almost protocol. Overall: i'll be sure to keep it for quite sometime. great on a budget!

"Threw it out after it wouldn't work at gig." submitted July 27, 2010

Overall
Sound: Clean, undistorted sound. Each of the sliders has an easily audible effect, as it should. In comparison on a Daphon EQ pedal I have the sliders have only a small effect and to have an audible effect I have to slide them all the way. Feature: I like to be able to use an EQ on bass guitar too, where I attenuate 100 Hz and boost 200 Hz and 400 Hz sliders, then attenuate higher sliders. You can't do that with this equalizer. On the other hand I like to attenuate at about 6 kHz and above while not attenuating below about 4 kHz and this EQ allows this. The materials and parts are poor quality, mine broke in transit to the first gig I took it to, and I did not handle it roughly. So, lack of durability was a big problem for me. I opened up the nonfunctioning unit but could not find any loose wires or broken connections, every thing looked right. Ease of Use: The sliders slide too easily. With minor jostling I end up with tones I did not expect or want. The battery compartment is ridiculously difficult to access. It is hidden in the rocking part of the pedal. Quality: It broke and I couldn't fix it. It fails the gig test. It's fragile. The too-easily-slid sliders also make it unworthy for gigs. Value: If you need an EQ you will not transport, fine. If you will gig with it you need to get something more durable. Manufacturer Support: I didn't deal with the company. The Wow Factor: It's so plastic I always thought it was a marvel to work so well. But no, I give it no sex appeal, status, aesthetics, or affection. Now that it broke it's like an ex-wife. Overall: I bought a Daphon EQ. The price is about the same, it's metal and doesn't feel fragile, and the sliders aren't too slidy, but the sliders have a much much smaller effect.

"Great EQ Booster Pedal" submitted May 19, 2011

Music Style: Rock/ Blues/Alternative/Metal
Sound: This is basically a good-sounding unit. I have my complaints about it, but they are tolerable. One is that this thing can be very noisey. ...But it can also be whisper quiet. I'm not 100% on why, but I moved this pedal from my main board to my auxiliary board, and it has be nearly silent. Other complaint is that some of the eq positions are not as useable. The bass switch, for example, seems to cause a lot of noise when boosted. You have to leave it under midway, or the hiss will floor you. The boost slider, as well, needs to be within certain parameters to avoid hiss. Also, you really have to play with this to get it to sound good. For example, you can't just decide "I want a midrange boost," set the thing to a frown, and expect to get what you want. I will sound quite bad, you will end up playing with switches randomly to get a good sound. My midrange boost only sounds good with bass furthest down, a hump in the mid, and a boost to treble. It works though. Great midrange boost sound, but you have to fiddle a lot to get there. Feature: This has all the features I could ask for. Ease of Use: Because of having to fiddle with setting to get what you want and to eliminate noise, I give this a 7 for ease of use. You will have to fight this pedal a little bit to get what you want. It will yield it to you if you are careful and not overly picky. Quality: Behringer quality, plastic parts, crappy batttery location, rubber that can peel off. Just not pro stuff, but still very serviceable. Value: Behringer value. That is to say you are always going to get more than your money's worth with this pedal. Manufacturer Support: Didn't Use. The Wow Factor: Behringer desireability. It's utilitarian. You buy it for how it work and how it sounds. It does not look cool or impress anyone. Overall: This is a great unit. I'd like to give it a 9, but I just struggled too much with noise and controls that are a little obtuse. This thing does not suck tone though, and it will let you have a very nice eq boost on your board. I love using it for quite pickups when I change the selector. I like to use it as a boost for a loud rythm passage. I like to use it as a mid-range hump boost period. It's excellent for that.

"Learning to play electric guitar - buy guitar, buy amp, buy EQ pedal" submitted May 11, 2012

By Garrett E in Winnipeg, MB
Musical Background: Hobby guitarist and bassist for two years
Music Style: Blues, rock, folk, metal
Overall: The first thing any guitarist should get after their first guitar and first amplifier is their first equalizer pedal (put it right after the guitar in your signal chain).. Even a novice will be able to shape beginner equipment into clear, well-defined, and possibly even legendary sounds with a few minutes of tweaking. You'll end up leaving this pedal on all the time. Even if you think you don't need the tone-shaping abilities, this is probably still the cheapest boost pedal around.Don't let the price fool you, this will do pretty much the exact same job as pedals going for four times as much. Behringer may be affordable, but they're not cheap in my experience.Unlike most pedals, it's important to note that there is no room for batteries - you must have a 9V power source to use this pedal. (Or I'm extremely oblivious, I took this fella's shell apart to see what makes it tick.) I do want to note that my particular pedal has a low-volume hiss, which I've found very noticeable on high gain settings and the high sweep on my wah pedal - although I also have unresolved grounding issues in my apartment that may be exacerbating this. The slider knobs also feel a bit fragile and pop off relatively easily, but you can still move the sliders without them. Not a big deal on either count.Bottom line, get an equalizer pedal - this is the most affordable option by far, and it'll get the job done satisfactorily. In fact, get two or three to throw in your signal chain, especially if you use other effects, it's really nice to be able to shape pre- and post- distortion among other things.

"Behringer EQ700 Graphic EQ Pedal" submitted October 15, 2014

By Todd Taylor in SPARTANBURG, SC
Overall
Musical Background: SIX TIM GRAMMY NOMINEE & GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS FASTEST BANJO PLAYER
Overall: THIS UNIT IS VERY NOISEY AND VERY CHEAP!!! THE EQ SLIDERS ETC REALLY DO NOT DO MUCH EQUING, IF YOU ARE NEED A EQ PDEAL LIKE THE OLD SAYING GOES YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR THIS THING IS TOTAL JUNK!!! NOISEY JUNK.

"Good Value, But Too Noisey!" submitted August 6, 2010

Overall
Sound: I had to knock this one down. This is the noisiest hissiest pedal I have ever owned. I can't believe I am not seeing anyone else have that problem. I might have bought a lemon. The eq is fine. You can make a decent mid scoop on this with a stomp and/or use the db to boost or attenuate your signal. Great if you are footswitching from a clean to a metal tone. Feature: This has pretty much everything an eq should. Ease of Use: Cakewalk. Quality: This is plastic and rubber, but it is durable plastic and rubber. It will not break, but isn't quite a metal pedal either. The switches/sliders are very cheap but are completely manageable. Overall, this pedal is extremely useable and functional. Value: Okay, you cannot buy a cheaper pedal than this. The fact that everything works like it is supposed to and doesn't break make it an unbeatable value. Manufacturer Support: Don't know. The Wow Factor: Not a desireable pedal by any means. It's purely utilitarian. If you want it, you want it because it is a serviceable eq and for no other reason. Overall: I'm am happy with my pedal purchase. It does everything I expect it to except that it has an unbearable hiss. I might have gotten a lemon, but instead of buying another eq, I am buying an NR to eliminate hiss. I would recommend this pedal to anyone who needs an eq but wants to save a dime. The only reason to climb the price ladder would be for a sturdier metal pedal, switches/sliders that feel smoother and heavier and well built, and less hiss and noise. I can't guarantee that a Boss eq would solve all that, but if those things are important to you, it might be better to start there.

"Best EQ pedal on the market for the price!" submitted August 16, 2006

Music Style: Rock, Metal
Sound: The sound is great, I loop it through my amp, gives me the sound I'm looking for. Feature: Standard features for EQ Ease of Use: Very easy to use Quality: Made out of plastic, but it seems sturdy. Value: It was cheap and it works great. Manufacturer Support: Asked their tech support a question about power adapter, they got back to me within a day. Overall: Great EQ and the price is right. N
19 of 21 people (90.48%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Value ++" submitted December 18, 2005

Musical Background: Band member
Music Style: Many
Sound: This easily compares to the Boss EQ, or other common names in terms of sound. You could a/b them and be hard pressed to find much of a difference besides the obvious visual aspect. Quality: Despite the plastic casing, I havent had any problems with this unit so far. The plastic casing doesnt sound very promising to say the least, but It would be fairly tough to really destroy it. The bottom is a metal siding with thick rubber to keep it in place, but the rest is a plastic case. It is thick, so unless you drop gear often or put them to the test of the road, it should hold up. Value: For this low price, I don't see how it could be a bad deal in any way. Unless you recieved a broken pedal, I wouldnt be complaining, especially with the sound quality of this pedal. Overall: To sum things up, for the price it is unbeatable. Just as good as a Boss eq, but in a yellow plastic disguise.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZM-MNYQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449