Avantone Planar Open-Back Headphones

Avantone Planar Open-Back Headphones

Planar drivers give these Avantone headphones detailed yet flat response you can trust, and the open-back design makes for a lightweight, easy fit.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted September 30, 2020 by a customer from protonmail.com
"These May Change Your View Of Headphones..."
I have DOZENS of sets of 'cans... I've collected many over the years for just recording bands, thier simultaneous playback feeds, etc, - 6pr of AKG K-240, 5pr of AT M50H so they all listeners get the exact same playback of the mix... But WOW, jsut WOW*** These Avantone 'cans are *PURE, effin' PLEASURE*!!! These 'cans are so subtle, yet so revealing for mixing & pleasure listening it's hard to describe. They don't "fatigue" my ears, or my head! They show you EVERY little mix change immediately. If you like to use them as audio tools, they are awesome. If you use them to Just_Enjoy_your_favorite_MUSIC; they are awesome! They let you hear all the small details & techniques the artists used to create the masterpieces you love! These and the Neumann NDH-20's are my favorites, beyond doubt. I have Sennheiser, Koss, A/T, AKG, DROP 4XX, Hi-Fi Man, TASCAM, Shure, Philips, ad nauseum... These are made in U.S.A., and are built like a brick (you know what)! Highest Recommendation!!!!!!
6 of 7 people (86%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 15, 2021 by a customer from yahoo.com
"Avantone Pro Planar Red Headphones - Great...but"
I'm going to give as honest a review as I can. Right off let me say, the only issue I have with these 'phones is the soft inner band is their Achilles heel. Due to the weight of the driver element/enclosures, if you pick them up at a point near where they attach, they will break. I've not had mine 6 months yet and it just happened yesterday. They are bulky and heavy, but once on your head they are remarkably comfortable and the sound is fabulous...lacking in false resonance in the bass and totally uncolored with no stridency in the upper range. The overall 4 is due to the headband issue and I have not yet heard from their customer support team as I just wrote to them prior to this review. I've owned cheap 'phones, middle price and all types except electrostatic from Koss, Sennheiser, Audio Technica including one of their older electret models.

Submitted March 17, 2021 by a customer from yahoo.com
"Avantone Pro Planar Red Headphones - Great...but - Manufacturer Support Excellent"
I posted a review of the same title a few days ago and must update it to say manufacturer's support is fantastic. They took my critique in stride after I explained my issue to them. A new set is being sent to me shortly. Can't ask for better than that.