When you call, mention priority code 206-MGXT

Rating and Reviews: Aston Spirit Microphone

With switchable omni/cardioid/figure-8 pickup patterns, the Aston Spirit is a workhorse condenser mic, delivering detailed sound without high-end harshness.

"Aston Spirit Review by Michael Snoody" submitted January 15, 2017

By Michael Snoody in chandler, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: I am a multi instrumentalist that plays drums, guitar, piano and sing. I also produce, engineer and mix all sorts of music.
Music Style: All sorts of music
Overall: I bought the Aston Spirit because I was working on an album with a reggae band and my normal go to vocal mic took a crap on me. I needed a new vocal mic and fast. First I ordered the slate VMS mic because I had heard many good things about it but the problem was it was on back order for weeks and I didn't have time to wait, so I went on zZounds and found the Aston spirit. Now I'm not one to buy before I try but since the mic was only 399 and zZounds has a great return policy I decided what the heck, I mean every review I had read up to that point only had good things to say about the mic. The Aston arrived 2 days later and I had our first vocal session that night so I threw it up and plugged it into my Warm Audio TB12 and WOW! The Aston has a sound of its own but its a very beautiful sound. I have used it on low male vocals, high male vocals and acoustic guitar so far. For Vocals it has a nice bright sound but not overly sibilant. I had to do almost no post processing on my vocals because they sounded good straight though the Warm audio TB12 and a distressor. I did add a de esser but very subtle. I haven't compared this mic with any others yet but I can tell you with certainty that the Aston is a great sounding mic and if some one didn't tell you before that it was only 400 dollars you would think you're holding a 3000$ mic. The mic feels like a quality mic, its got weight to it, not a light plastic feel, and the brushed steel finish with the custom steel mesh around the capsule makes it easy on the eyes. Once I get my u87 fixed I am going to do a shoot out between the aston, slate vms, u87. and shure sm7b and see how they compare!

"Fantastic Mic!" submitted October 23, 2017

By Chris Basden in Minot, ND
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing bass for 14 years. Picked up drums and guitar a year or two later. Been recording for around two years.
Music Style: Country, rock, and blues
Overall: This is an excellent microphone, and I don't just mean in the usual "this is excellent for the money" sort of way. It's very natural sounding, but with something of a lift in the top end. I've found that, because of this, some of my usual go-to mic'ing methods don't work as well (it's pretty easy for this mic to make certain sources sound harsh if you aren't careful), but anything that forces you to do things differently is a win in my book. I'm loving getting to experiment again, and I have the Aston Sprit to thank for that! One small caveat for me is the lack of a tiltable microphone mount. Aston have been very clever with the way they integrated the stand mount into the baseplate of the microphone, and that works for some scenarios, but I'm not really excited about having to buy their $120 shockmount just so I can tilt the mic (the Sprit has a built-in shockmount, so an external one isn't totally necessary). I believe OnStage makes a mic-tilt attachment that's something in the neighborhood of $10. I'll be buying that for sure. Skill-wise, I'm somewhere between an amateur and an intermediate level engineer, so my opinions should be taken with a grain of salt. I haven't had the opportunity to compare this mic to many others in its class, so I really can't speak to where it falls on the spectrum of sub-$500 microphones. What I will say, though, is that I did my research before I pulled the trigger, and I felt confident that this was what I wanted. So far, I'm not disappointed.

When you call, mention priority code 206-MGXT. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449