Aston Microphones Origin Cardioid Condenser Microphone

Aston Microphones Origin Cardioid Condenser Microphone

This transformerless fixed-cardioid condenser delivers natural, transparent sound on vocals, acoustic guitar and more -- all in an extremely sturdy package.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted September 3, 2016 by William H in Pittsburgh, PA
"Work horse"
This microphone made me get rid of my Tlm 107.. Never thought I'd see that day but I did! Great for vocals.
Neumann u87
Easy
Built like a tank
Worth waaaaay more then the price point.
Great support
Blew my mind first time I plugged it in.
10 years
Hip-hop, R&B
17 of 17 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 2, 2020 by Ken O
"The Origin Is A Unique Mic That Delivers"
I didn't really give this mic a fair chance when we first added it to the locker. I A/B'd it against a handful of import mics I retrieved from the rehearsal room, fed to Midas preamps. It sounded like all the other mics, or close enough that it didn't seem special. We were using a rented U87 plus our 414 for vocals at the time and all those inexpensive mics were obviously sub-par for great tracks. We moved on,The Aston was forgotten. Well, I eventually needed one more mic one night,got desperate, found the Origin and only used it because it had a solid,stable shock-mount. Had a desktop Daking preamp, matched it with the Aston and gave a test run on an acoustic guitar. The wow factor blew us all away,as the preamp was perfect for that mic. We A/B'd it against the U87, it wasn't THAT good, but really good. Later, we had a ribbon mic go south while tracking backup vocals-gave the Origin a go. It was a great replacement for that vocalist, gave a smooth sound. Ha, it even sounded decent through a little ART tube preamp. It really doesn't perform like other mics do through the Midas preamps, just a thing I suppose. But man, this mic is a keeper.
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 22, 2017 by Neil Z in Griffith, IN
"Versatile"
Flexible and forgiving. Provides a forward, firm tone with a silky, yet proportionally detailed sound. Vintage/modern/british/mid-glue.
7 of 7 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?