When you call, mention priority code 1ZY-PTNV
For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 21 and select 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Arturia MatrixBrute

Take the red pill if you're ready to experience Arturia's 100% analog, oscillating, filtering, matrix-modulated beast of a synthesizer: The MatrixBrute.

Overall

"One solid keyboard with a lot of programmable details. " submitted February 16, 2017

By david g in poplar, MT
Overall
Musical Background: Several years of programming and some smaller venues with synthesisers, samplers and so forth.
Music Style: Ambient, EDM, experimental, sound tracks .etc.
Sound: First, it is important to realize that this is a monosynth with some interesting features such as variable waves that can be used in a lot of ways. I suggest using a simple approach when first making a basic sound then experimenting once you figure out the layout. The filters seem to have some very nice ways of fitting in, routing a signal to one or the other or both is a simple thing. I find the audio range to be suitable for a lot of variation. I would say the sound is distinct in a way, yet familiar too. Once you begin massaging the sound you may discover that this is one powerful tool. The sound fits into the mix and still has a command presence if manipulated right. Arturia will address the quiet click sounds made when switching patches, I find it annoying and distracting. Feature: The modulation matrix is super cool and acts a a great tool for sound design. I have some modules that are patchable and running them in conjunction with the matrix is no problem. Saving the patches with a sequence is very nice, running external audio thru the system is nice indeed. The mahogany sides look spectacular and the sheer weight of the unit says it will survive a while sitting in the studio. There is no way I will cart this to a show unless I can get a helper! The noise generators are awesome and really add to the overall sound designs. (if you like that kind of stuff) Ease of Use: This synth is one of the few that made me feel challenged as a programmer and the tactile feedback of hardware seem to force me to rethink my habits to an extent. I wonder if someone new to programming would think it easy to use this? Of course, getting the sounds I want has always taken some effort on pretty much any synth. Quality: This looks very nice, beautiful in fact. I noticed a very small area that looked a little less imposing but 98% of this keyboard is classic in design. Touching it is a pleasure. The sliders are probably a weak point but only the years will answer that. Value: For 2k I am very impressed, if shown this in the 80's I would have expected to pay about 3.5k or more. Manufacturer Support: I have an Arturia beatstep pro and it is still working perfectly and the matrix is just as solid if not more so. Hopefully Arturia will be there for us if we need them. The Wow Factor: This synth seems like some kind of sleek futuristic machine just waiting to get going. People seeing it said it looked like the controls for a jet or something...Once I set it in the studio it seemed to belong there, very iconic. A rack with modules towers over it and the wires draping back and forth are not in my way at all. The modulation matrix is definitely a wow factor in it's self. Overall: I have owned and used many synthesizers in my time and sometimes I discover that it may take more than a few moves to make the sound I am looking for. The Matrixbrute is probably not a good choice for someone who has never programmed on a hard ware synth, because it can be complicated. A recent review on Sound on Sound mentioned that it took the reviewer several days to really grasp the matrixbrute's ability and make sounds they felt were very good. I wanted the Matrixbrute to help me organize my audio material and connect my modular gear to and to give me sounds that are not presets made by others. Truthfully, I am not satisfied with all the presets from the factory, they will be replaced in time. Even ones I do not like demo the abilities of the synth in the hands of some creative people. I would say that this keyboard has a learning curve similar to the ARP 2600 in some ways.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZY-PTNV. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449