map marker icon Shipping to
When you call, mention priority code 1ZZ-RCD5

Rating and Reviews: Arturia KeyLab 88 MKII

Arturia's big-dog KeyLab controller, the 88 MkII gives you a hammer-action Fatar keybed with aftertouch, faders to control virtual organ drawbars, and more.

"Beautiful Board BUT!" submitted April 16, 2020

By Vincent D. in Plainfield, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Pianist and Guitarist for over 20 years mostly at home but have been in a few church bands.
Music Style: Rock, Christian, Chill, Electronica, EDM, Trap
Overall: This honestly breaks my heart. I was so excited to receive this controller. It looks absolutely stunning! Feature set is amazing and it's a full 88 key hammer action board, what's not to love? Upon unboxing truly was amazed but then I began to play it and the keys were definitely on the extra heavy side (Heavier than any piano I have played and was surely a workout when playing faster pieces) but I could let that slide. Ran into some glitchy issues with my sustain pedal however, Arturia's support got me all taken care of (AMAZING SUPPORT!), as with any software based solution I expect to have to deal with a couple of abnormalities from time to time BUT then my less than a month old board was getting a stuck key (the 3rd C#/Db) and honestly It was probably just my copy of this board. I assume for $900 this is not a common issue but because of this I had to return my unit. If it wasn't for the sticking key then this would have been a 4 star board due to the heavy action. Long story short, Loved it for the features and aesthetics but playability unfortunately was a no go.

"Great idea, Awful piano action." submitted September 26, 2019

By Luis F. in Las Vegas, NV
Musical Background: More than 35 years
Music Style: Classical, Jazz, Pop, Rock
Overall: I bought this keyboard controller a couple of weeks ago and I was so excited. The GOOD: Great idea and integration. You can't go wrong with that especially is you love synth sounds and the software I found pretty user friendly. I love the faders and knobs. The BAD: The keyboard action is horrible. If you're a pianist, I promise you won't be able to play one full with realizing the key hammer and action is more like a Sponge action. The keyboard feels like there is a sponge underneath and not hammer action whatsoever. I have a Roland FP30 And I kept comparing the Arturia Keylab with it and I really tried to like it but the more I played it the more I disliked the Arturia. The UGLY: Apparently there is no free returns on this big keyboard and it costed me $164 to mail it back from Las Vegas to New Jersey.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZZ-RCD5. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
MiƩrcoles 9AM a 7PM EST

We have warehouses across the U.S., so most shipments arrive in 2 days or less.

šŸ’¬