Antelope Audio Orion32+ Gen 3 Thunderbolt/USB 2 Audio Interface

Antelope Audio Orion32+ Gen 3 Thunderbolt/USB 2 Audio Interface

The 3rd-gen Orion32+ streams 32x32 channels of 192 kHz/24-bit audio via Thunderbolt/USB, plus vast analog/digital I/O and Antelope's superb FPGA FX modeling.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted August 1, 2019 by Dan R in Francestown, NH
"Orion 32+ Gen 3... Just do it."
I bought this a few weeks back on zZounds' great 12 pay deal.This is a great interface. It sounds terrific, and is very very flexible. I'm running it madi to/from the daw, with two extra adat interfaces plugged into for 48 I/O to my console. I also have the 2 buss from the console A/D running Spdif into the Orion, and 2 more channels setup from the computer sounds out to the monitor outs on the Orion. I monitor my mix direct from my console, and can quickly switch to the output from the daw mix buss if I prefer.The metering flexibility is a real time saver. You can pull any input or outputs up on the two banks of meters in the app, and you can assign the first choice to the meters on the device. The metering really helps you troubleshoot your wiring :)
Playing and writing for close to 40 years. Recording since the late 70s/early 80s.
Rock/Adult Contemporary
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 26, 2020 by Ty B in St Paul, MN
"Antelope Audio Orion32+ Gen 3 Interface"
I’ve had my eye on the Orion pretty much from the first inception of the interface. The amount of I/O it housed was simply staggering. Fast forward several years later and ultimately once they developed TB drivers for windows machines. I knew it was finally time to dive in.I built a PC specifically for use with this box. After doing my research, (yes people, please do your research on what is compatible) The motherboard I went with was Gigabytes Z390 Designare. For the helluva of it, I dropped in a i9-9900k too. Might as well have some major horse power behind it as well. With the motherboard’s TB drivers and Antelope’s TB drivers along with a startech TB2 to TB3 converter. Installation was absolutely flawless! Fully plug and play. Just make certain to grant your thunderbolt port/device the required permissions to use the Antelope. After several weeks of owning the interface. I ‘m pretty much convinced the heartburn people have had with Antelope’s windows drivers is 98.9% operator error. The Orion 32+ gen 3 has been rock solid on a windows build. The flexibility of the I/O routing is in a class of its own. Any configuration you need is right at your fingertips Coupled with world glass conversion and the absolute lowest of latency. This interface actually inspires creativity.
20 Years of performaing and Engineering.

Submitted November 28, 2019 by Aaron Brown in Elmsford, NY
"Orion Studio 32 +"
I am enjoying the Antelope Orion 32+, the sonic quality, clarity and head room are second to none. First I ordered the duo mic and MP package, then the Orion 32+. After wanting more of the Antelope goodness I just ordered the Discrete 8 to add to my studio. After being into music production for four decades, I think Antelope offers some of the best bang for the buck in the industry. Also some of the best Plug-in emulation which uses the DSP chip in there units not your CPU. All I can say is Happy, Happy Happy. Regards,Aaron Brown
In the business 52 years, primary is guitar & bass, production, keys, programming, mixing, arranging, Etc.
Contemporary, Jazz, RNB, Hip hop, fusion, Neo soul.

Submitted December 20, 2020 by Gavin O in Mukilteo, WA
"Fantastic Converter"
This converter is the center of my home studio and mobile recording rig. I can easily transfer it between my desk and road case. 32 analog in/out in a 1 rack unit footprint is a dream. This is the kind of converter that a studio can grow into. The audio quality is amazing I personally love it and my clients dig it too. The FPGA effects sound great (the new synergy core stuff is awesome too!) Antelope as a company is fantastic too, pushing boundaries, providing excellent support when you need it and delivering the absolute best bang for your buck!
full, clear, detailed
lots of I/O! FPGA effects! I do wish there was a dedicated headphone jack
effortless
it is made great, very durable, strong metal housing
It is a great deal
yes, very supportive, easy to reach and responsiveHaven't only had to contact them a couple times
I think it's extremely appealing. I got it so I could grow my gear collection and not worry about how I will integrate it.
drummer, producer, engineer
rock, metal, alternative, acoustic, punk

Submitted November 28, 2019 by Zach H in Boise, ID
"Amazing sound fantastic value"
Absolutely great set of converters. Bought for I/O flexibility and reputation of audio quality and have not been disappointed. Highly recommend.

Submitted November 3, 2020 by a customer from me.com
"Current Favorite"
I’ve been using this interface for several weeks now, having previously owned a Orion HD 32. These interfaces are world class. I’ve done blind shootouts against current Avid hardware, apogee, and UA Apollo. Simply, Antelope holds its own and wins the shootout often. The top end clarity and wide soundstage are often noted.At any price, this in my favorite interface on the market. At THIS price for 32 io plus a dedicated monitor output? At THIS price with deep routing options previously unheard of? Buy.