When you call, mention priority code 20G-PPFF

Rating and Reviews: Portaflex PF800 & PF115HE

A stack that's actually easy to move, this Portaflex 800-watt head and 1x15" cabinet is all you need to fill a room with the tone that has made Ampeg famous.

"I Finally Own Ampeg!!" submitted December 25, 2015

By Chris C in Charlotte, NC
Musical Background: Bass guitar/Professional
Music Style: Rock/Country/Pop
Overall: Unbelieveable deal! This is the best option I found in a bass set-up and the best company to deal with. I Finally own Ampeg I am Proud to have the PF-800/115 Portaflex and am looking forward to gigging out with it. Thank You, zZounds for the Excellent Payment Plan option.

"Great tone and minimal weight" submitted July 15, 2014

By Timm P in Des Moines, IA
Overall
Musical Background: Play semi-professionally in two bands; one with my wife.
Music Style: '70s funk and '90s grunge
Overall: I bought this as a birthday gift for my wife, who had an old head and 210 that weighed about a million pounds. She prefers a 115 (has it with another amp) and the tone shaping on this is fantastic! Plus, it's easy for me to get it up and down the basement steps for gigs ... OK, I bought it for ME ...
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Ampeg Portaflex PF800 PF115HE Half Stack" submitted March 8, 2018

By Destin P in Columbus, GA
Musical Background: Gigging Musician. 26 years
Music Style: Metal, Rock, Alternative, Jazz, Blues, Americana
Sound: Like I said, Ampeg tone, good mid controls. As shipped it will push 450w. I have ran this Half Stack with an added PF210 to hear it at 800w and it was awesome. Great punch sustained lows. I personally intend to purchase the 210 some. Still, at 450w it has good headroom. Feature: I like that the head Mounts to the lid of the cabinet. The fasteners are well built and sturdy. There is a heavy duty Velcro strap secured to the inside of the cab. It will be strapping down your caster wheels in an Ampeg pouch when you purchase. I have been using the Velcro to strap Down my Jenson DI. It ships with a 16 gauge speaker cable, i suggest replacing it with a 14 gauge speakon cable. Ease of Use: I dont think I can answer this question. For me, yeah its super easy. But i have good amount of common sense and better amount of knowledge concerning my Gear. If you run a high impedance intrument cable from your amp to your cab instead of a speaker cable, then I cant comment on ease of use. Quality: So Far, everything is looking secure and sturdy, well built. I have had Ampegs in the past the the knobs and dials start getting loose after a year... we will see. Value: Oh yeah Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with them, but i have experience with zZounds Support and they have always been supper Helpful. The Wow Factor: The material the cab is wrapped with has nice pattern to it the way it reflects light. I like the Light on the front of the head. I have had a few people tell me it looks as sharp as it sounds. Overall: I have always loved the tone of Ampeg systems, and the PF800 / PF115HE Half Stack did not disappoint. Plenty of Options in the Mid-range frequencies allow me to cut out the muddiness and add a little growl, helping my basslines cut through the mix.

"Ampeg Portaflex PF800 PF115HE Half Stack" submitted May 20, 2017

By Gregg S in Lancaster, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Have been playing for 40+years. Mostly guitar but sub on bass as needed. Also vocals, engineering/recording.
Music Style: R&B, Funk, Jazz, Country and mostly covers unless playing originals with my funk band.
Overall: Have used this new rig for funk/rock and country/western gigs. The PF115HE sounded great after being broken-in for a few hrs. The bass player in the funk band I play guitar in uses an Ampeg SVT PRO 4 so he was the first to give the head a good test. It passed with flying colors. Second gig was me playing bass in a country/western band. The Portaflex rig performed beautifully with no hiccups with that great Ampeg sound. Well done and I'm a happy camper. I can't comment on customer support as there have been no issues to report.

"Great Bass Amp" submitted March 25, 2017

By Alexi M in reading , PA
Musical Background: Play Drums Bass and Guitar
Music Style: All tyoes
Overall: I bought this amp over a year ago i have gig with it so many times is light and has plenty of power with the 800 watts. My brother gig with it with a band that had 3 guitar players one keyboard Drums and 4 singers and my brother were all the way in the back with a 6 string ibanez and the amp. Everyone was amazed on how you can hear the bass loud clear crisp punchy. This was when i said i made the right choice. Thanks Amoeg for your quality and thanks zZounds for making it possible for me.

"Cut through the mix!" submitted March 24, 2018

By Clarence Wright in Fountain Inn, SC
Musical Background: 30 yrs,Bassist
Music Style: I play Gospel,R&B,Jazz.
Overall: This product is extremely worth the buy!If a bassist need that thump and bump,THIS IS IT!Smooth,clean tone,deep,high mids,everything you could want in tone hands down!

When you call, mention priority code 20G-PPFF. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST