Overall:
Overall:
Submitted May 4, 2015 by Keith M in Manchester, NH
"Stuff happens"
I received the Amp and two speaker cabinets ahead of time in good condition from zZounds. I connected the speaker cabinets and amplifier and tried to adjust the EQ but could not get rid of a distracting distortion coming thru the proflex head. I tried several different speakers and finally tried another amplifier with these speakers to determine that the amp was the source of the weird sound. Knowing that Ampeg is a top of the line quality product, I believe this was a rare case of receiving a slightly defective product. I contacted zZounds to explain the problem. zZounds immediately issued a RMA for me to return the amp head no questions. In my case, I decided to purchase another amplifier locally so I could actually hear it before I hooked it up to the speakers, Overall, because of the timely and understanding customer service, I gave them a high rating for this purchase. I believe these guys care about working musicians and stand behind everything they sell. The speakers sound amazing with my new Ampeg head. Ampeg is still the best product for serious bass players.
Professional bass player in a local band
Grunge, Alternative rock, Heavy metal
7 of 9 people (78%) people found this review helpful. Did you?