Alvarez Masterworks MF60OM Acoustic Guitar (with Gig Bag)

Alvarez Masterworks MF60OM Acoustic Guitar (with Gig Bag)

Made completely of solid woods, the Alvarez Masterworks MF60OM offers great acoustic tones and a strong build quality. Bring it to any gig for any style.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted October 31, 2019 by Benjamin M in Plant City, FL
"Alvarez Masterworks MF60OM Acoustic"
I have been looking for a nice small bodied guitar for some time now. I did not need a cutaway or electronics but wanted a good quality instrument made of solid wood. This guitar did not disappoint. Very nice solid spruce bookmatched top, solid African mahogany back, sides and neck. Bound top, back and fretboard. Very even warm sound while strumming yet distinct on individual strings. Overall, a very comfortable instrument. Records well. The herringbone top binding adds a wonderful elegance to this guitar. Made in China, but well made. Comes with a nice hardshell case, a nice bonus. Finally, as always, pleasurable experience buying from zZounds!
47 yrs. Playing, gigging and recording
Rock, pop, jazz, country
15 of 16 people (94%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 30, 2020 by a customer from yahoo.com
"Beware Truss Rod Issues!"
I thought I'd be smart and save a hundred bucks by buying a customer return--45 days to return it, etc. The guitar came without a truss rod wrench with strings(not factory installed) buzzing the frets, truss rod tightened all the way. I have an excellent guitar repair/set-up guy who I would have set it up and take a look at it any way while it was under zZounds warranty. With the covid hitting, he told me he had family matters to attend to for a month but check back later with him. Long story longer, I can't get him to answer his phone. Meanwhile the truss rod starts slipping from the over tightening and strings are half an inch from the fret. I try to tighten it up but the strings are still unplayable. Becomes apparent why it was returned now. No way that thing should have been resold. zZounds stuck it to me and stuck it to me good.
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?