map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 20B-TJFD

Rating and Reviews: Alvarez MD60BG Masterworks

This Alvarez MD60BG dreadnought is made from all-solid woods, from its Sitka spruce top to its African mahogany back and sides, for uncompromising tone.

"awesome value" submitted September 27, 2018

By sharon k. in omaha, NE
Musical Background: playing for 40yrs some professional
Music Style: honky tonk,bluegrass.blues
Overall: as a guitar snob I was hesitant on buying a alvarez guitar.after reading the info on it I took the chance and all I can say is WOW . its better than I could have asked for . the fit and finish is perfect and the sound right out of the box is as good or better than my 000 15m ( martin) . no joke this guitar is awesome and im very happy to give it a 5 star review...nice job .

"Amazing tones and build quality on this instrument" submitted July 23, 2019

By Scott R. in Benton, KY
Musical Background: Playing for over 30 years
Music Style: rock,acoustic
Overall: I bought this from zZounds and i couldn't be happier with my purchase..The guitar has tone galore and the notes ring on longer than three other brands i bought and returned,yamaha,washburn,takimine, These guitars are Torrifiied from the factory so they are stronger for the humidity and have a Pre-aged quality to them..I see the other reviews that had problems..zZounds handles returns fair and they help you get what you need done..My guitar stays in the case with a humidifier when not used although i could leave it out and i,m sure it would be fine..just not on extreme weather condition days..too dry or too humid..I have recorded this guitar..sounds fantastic..played in a live band with it with a pickup sounded great

"Great Guitar" submitted August 1, 2019

By James M. in Reidsville, NC
Musical Background: 1 1/2 years
Music Style: Rock/ blues
Overall: I received my guitar several months ago and wanted to wait a while to review my purchase. After spending considerable time playing this beauty of a guitar I'm still completely amazed by it... It plays wonderfully and the sound that it produces is great, it's got loads of sustain and projects loud and clear sound either when lightly picking or when really pounding the strings.

"Alvarez md60bg" submitted March 11, 2020

By Park W. in Ponca city, OK
Musical Background: 2 year couch player
Music Style: Country/rock
Overall: First of all, zZounds is an awesome place to buy from. This is my 3rd guitar from them and won’t be the last. Anyway, the md60bg is a very nice guitar with nice appointments. It has a very balanced tone but has deep bass. I’m not sure if you can find a better acoustic guitar for under a grand and I’ve owned somewhere around 30 that fall in that category.

"Weather Damaged in Storage!" submitted February 2, 2019

By Russell B. in Los Angeles, CA
Overall
Overall: The one I ordered arrived dry as a bone, the neck humped and warped, the paint shrunk, the top bellied down, a disappointment out of the box. I put a D'Addario Emergency HumidPak in it to see if it would recover, but the guitar is so weather damaged, the screws for the tuners are falling out. The warehouse is not using any effective climate control whatsoever. This guitar shows signs of severe heating and cooling well out of acoustic guitar storage temps and humidity. It's a real nice guitar, but it's been ruined by negligence at the warehouse as this is not the first guitar I've purchased that came through the same warehouses with the same exact type of weather damage. What a shame. What a waste of time and money. What a cheat turning off climate control and selling guitars for new that are weather damaged -- this one was inspected too, it's got the sticker on it. ...inspected, thrown in a box with no humid pack and no climate control, that's a huge problem guys and gals! It's time for the manufacturers to pull their guitars from warehouses like these that try and cheat the customer by turning off climate control. I'd recommend the Alvarez but not from a warehouse that turns off climate control to cheat the customer. If the exchange is weather damaged too, we've got a problem! And save yourself the time and money, the HumidPak Emergency kit doesn't work on a guitar this badly weather damaged!
20 of 28 people (71.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Not too pleased" submitted March 1, 2019

By David C. in Albany, MO
Overall
Overall: I purchased mine in November and about the middle of December the neck and top warped, I dropped it off at a repair shop and was told it was severely dehydrated and was told it's a common problem with Alvarez... Up until these issues it was an amazing guitar... I've owned it since November and since the beginning of January its been in a repair shop and now at the Alvarez service center... Alvarez is denying that the neck is warped so I can look forward to sending it back to my local repair shop when I get it back, on my dime... It was great while it lasted...

When you call, mention priority code 20B-TJFD. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Martes 9AM a 7PM EST

Please enter your shipping zip code: