When you call, mention priority code 201-CLTP
For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 21 and select 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Alvarez Blues 51E

The combination of a 12-fret neck, 00-sized rosewood body and arched back results in magical delta tone from this mojo-filled, hand-crafted Alvarez Blues 51E.

Overall

"Blues sound" submitted August 7, 2017

By Ben Lundberg in Portland, OR
Overall
Musical Background: Play bass, drums, guitar.
Music Style: Played professionally when young. Now play in several groups for fun, friends and some money. We play country, blues, reggae,
Overall: I have been looking for a small body blues guitar. Something that had singing highs good mids, chunky bass, comfortable and fun to play. This guitar fits the bill for me. I was able to use it playing live in a rock blues band and kept it under control, although it was vibrating big time. The electronics worked really well and I was playing through a PV bandit. It's actually quite beautiful in its simplicity. I love the green abalone inlays. The carved Rosewood back is four pieces. They did a really nice job matching it so it looks almost like book matched two piece back. The top is decent, it has the tighter grain near the sound hole getting wider towards the bouts. The winter summer grain it's not super defined as you would expect a higher quality instrument, but it does have some compression would like The winter summer grain it's not super defined as you would expect a higher quality instrument, but it does have some minimal compression flaking that makes the top stiffer. It also is kind of pretty. I believe that this particular top makes the high notes really sing. The neck is super straight, the fret material is a little soft and the edges of the front along the knack need to be filed down as they are a little catchy as you slide up and down the neck. The action is a little high but not bad, totally playable. The intonation seems really good. So it needs a little fine-tuning on the set up which I would expect with a new production instrument. I've had it four days and have played it maybe 10 hours, and One fret is buzzing. It's the G string second fret. Pretty inconvenient. With the shorter string scale and the 12 fret neck you can really bend the strings. It's pretty cool. I have never purchased a brand new acoustic guitar. Overall I think this is an excellent instrument for the money. I had my guitar guru friend check it out and he was duly impressed. So I expect to spend a little money on the set up and leveling the frets after I get it broken in a little more. I bought this Alverez Because I have another one that is a beautiful copy of the Martin HD 28. It's a great acoustic guitar, better than many Martin's that I have played that cost 10 to 15 times as much money. So I took a leap of faith on this purchase and I believe that it was a good call. Alvarez may never be what people believe Martin is, but if you look at the instrument and not the name that I think you'll be happy . Hope you find this helpful. I almost forgot, the tuners work great.

When you call, mention priority code 201-CLTP. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449