Alesis Strike Pro Special Edition Electronic Drums
BACK IN STOCK

Alesis Strike Pro Special Edition Electronic Drums

Bring out the big drums! The Alesis Strike Pro Special Edition electronic kit is built around the powerful Strike Pro module and a monster 20" kick drum.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted January 2, 2020 by Christopher P in blairsville, PA
"VERY NICE KIT AND FAST DELIVERY!!"
This kit is pretty amazing. I went from a Roland TD11 KV to this. IT Looks and feels amazing. There are so many bells and whistles that I haven't gotten a chance to fine tune everything. But I'm sure most of you are concerned about the Hi-Hat for 1. IT seems to respond ok. This new hi-hat seems to have been a big upgrade from the old strike one. The kick drum is awesome too I have to say I was a little worried it would sound like an acoustic one, noise wise but its actually pretty quiet. So far I love the kit and for the price you wont find a better E-Kit in my opinion. I will post updates down the road to let you know how the kit is. ALSO THIS KIT DOES INCLUDE A SNARE STAND!!!. THE SITE SAYS IT DOESNT BUT I ASSURE YOU ITS IN THE BOX. I Hope you enjoy this kit as much as I am.
I'm a drummer and have been playing for 25 years now. I mostly play at home now, I have been in several bands over the years.
Metal, Rock, Christian, Hip-Hop, punk etc..
44 of 44 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 24, 2020 by Nicholas
"An Invaluable Tool for the Home Studio Drummer"
Written by one of our gear experts!
When I first tried the Strike Pro SE kit I was blown away. The feel was great, the sound was realistic and I truly felt like I was playing on an acoustic kit. Then I took the next few days to dial in levels, drum heights and built my own USER kit. This took the Strike SE to the next level.Now I play the Strike SE everyday, I use it to record drums for my various projects easily and am feeling like a better drummer, all while playing a kit in my apartment at "low-noise" volumes.
The pads are incredibly articulate, and each is adjustable. I've dialed in each to a really good level for my playing style. I almost never think about it anymore since it just works, and sounds great. Outside of headphone the rubber cymbal pads are a bit loud, but with minimal padding underneath, I'm able to play these each day in my 3rd level apartment and my neighbors never complain.
The Strike Pro module is so simple, with minimal menu-diving but you can really get a lot of results from 1 or 2 screens away from the main KIT view. And when I'm selecting new instruments for a user kit, it's as easy as selecting "VOICE" and hitting the pad you intend on changing. This limits scrolling GREATLY, making for "on-the-fly" kit changes. It's not out of the question for me to have a different kit configuration for every song in a set. And with the Strike Pro module I can have each selectable on the USER kits scroll wheel quickly.
Like I said before, the module itself is pretty intuitive, but with menu-diving being minimal it makes for an incredibly easy module to navigate. I am pretty adept with drum modules, DAWs and drums in general. But I could definitely see the intermediate player not having a problem at all with this after going through it for awhile.
The kit feels VERY good. From its great red sparkle wrap, to the massive 20" bass drum. I'm happy with the quality and feel of the kit.
This is a high end piece of gear, and it's priced as such. I have no issue using this for my recording projects and the artists I work with are impressed by the realistic sounds produced by the Strike Pro module, along with my turnaround time for getting tracks back to them. This kit is plug and play when it comes to tracking with a DAW and that makes for incredibly fast recording/production time. No mics, no studio time, just me and my Strike Pro SE.
When I was having some issues with how certain triggers worked I reached out to Alesis tech support and they were incredibly helpful in figuring out what I needed to do, and now the kit truly feels like an acoustic kit.
When you see this kit set up it's HUGE, when you play it it feels real, and hearing the note articulation makes you believe this is an acoustic kit. I can't say much more because this is all you could ask for in an electronic kit. It sounds good, feels good and looks good.
I've played Drums for over 15 years and I write about drums for zZounds.
Emo, Shoegaze, Rock
41 of 42 people (98%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 31, 2021 by Donald S in Baton Rouge, LA
"Extremely fast delivery!! Great Kit."
I ordered this kit and it shipped out around 9pm. I awoke and went to go grocery shopping and run some errands. Around 11am the kit was on my door step. I was blown away that just over night the kit arrived to me. As far as the kit is concerned it's amazing. Well worth the money. I had some miss triggering issues with the bass drum, but it was because I had a weight in front of it. You can have things touching the legs but if anything touches the drum itself you will have to adjust some settings or just remove whatever is touching it, I bought a drum rug and some kbrakes and it resolved the issue. Over great product, I've played acoustic for 20 years and the switch to this kit was extremely nice and I love it.
20 years of experience with drums, guitar, piano, and producing music.
All types of music.
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 8, 2021 by Erik M in Raleigh, NC
"Very good drums with a few exceptions."
Ok, I have had this kit now for about 6 months now so here is the good and the not so good. I have been playing drums over 30 years and playing edrums primary for the last 5 years. Before buying this kit I played a Roland TD-25KV and was very happy with it. So first the not so good. The kit is not “ready to go out of the box”. You will need to take your time and dial in all the drums and all your settings in the module because nothing is set right out of the box. The drum rack is not great. If you are going to set it up and rarely ever move it, then the rack is fine but any more than that and you won’t be happy (I ditched the rack and switched to cymbal stands and Tom holders). The Ride cymbal is well known to have issues with failing, so far mine is ok but it is an issue. The hi hat is not great either, some people have gotten it working well but most change it out for something else. I switched out mine for a Roland hi hat pedal controller. The drum hardware is ok but not nearly as nice as Roland hardware. The crash cymbals trigger well but there is a delay in the choke, this is very annoying. It makes it almost impossible to do a good cymbal choke. The rim and head of the snare and toms won’t trigger at the same time making it impossible to do snare rim shots. Maybe Alesis will fix this in the next software update. Ok I know what your thinking, wow that’s a lot of bad things, it is but there are a lot of good things too!Here is the good. The Module is a BEAST! Alesis has really made a good module here. The stock sounds are WAY better than the Roland stock sounds. The sounds can be layered and very head, rim, cymbal edge,bow can all have separate sounds assigned! How about 8 individual outputs! Your sound guy will love this! Nobody else has that in a kit in this price range. Most just have stereo outs. I could go on and on but trust me, the module is awesome. Full size drums! It looks and feels and plays like a real kit! Instead of looking like a toy! I play this kit live and have had multiple people think it was a real acoustic kit. The red sparkle finish is really nice! It honestly isn’t my favorite color but it is very nice. If you don’t like it, you can buy skins and recover it yourself. The drums and cymbal trigger very well. Sure you do have to set it up and tweak the settings. But once you get it set it is very good. Here is my final thoughts. For the first 3 months or so I was constantly tweaking the settings and changing things and was getting very frustrated with this kit. Because my Roland kit was just ready to go from the box! But now that I have it all dialed in it is a great kit! Honestly the best value for the money! To get all these features from Roland you would have to spend twice as much money. So if you have time to play with it and tweak all the settings then buy this kit you won’t be disappointed. But if you want “ready to go out of the box” then this may not be the kit for you.
30+ years playing drums
Rock/pop/country
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 12, 2021 by Simon S
"Nice for an eKit but..."
The rims aren’t very sturdy, the rack and clamps are slip city, crank them down tight. The 8 inch Tom is useless so I made it a side snare. The legs on the kick are cheap and flimsy. The hardware is not quality. The pads are ok. I can’t seem to dial in the hats no matter what I do.... Comes with a cheap snare stand. It works, but cheap. It’s all cheap, but the pads are good. If the price of the Roland comes down, I will be switching to Roland and selling these. You do get a lot of stuff for the money, but you sacrifice quality over quantity. I trigger Superior Drummer, and it has USB on the back to connect to your computer, but mine DID NOT COME WITH A USB CABLE!!!! Seriously, they can’t throw you a USB cable in the bundle of cables they give you? Absolutely stupid. I really don’t think it’s worth 2500 bucks. I did set this up as a 4 piece kit, with hats ride and crash. With snare stands and cymbal stands, and no rack. And it worked just fine. I just did it to see if you could without the crappy rack. And yes you can. But I felt like I was not getting my money’s worth not using all the pieces so I did set it all up on the rack. The pads are ok, rims, kind of cheap, rack cheap, clamps cheap, cymbal arms cheap, snare stand cheap, module plastic cheap but very functional, cables thin but included and work, USB cable NOT included... it will work in your home studio. I wouldn’t play out with it. In short, it looks pretty but cut corners kind of ruin it for me. That’s just my opinion. This is of no reflection of zZounds, they were perfect in every way. I always order from zZounds, and have spent thousands,, and will continue to have my repeat business.
The module sounds ok, but I would never use it, I trigger software....
Most useful feature for me is the USB connectivity to trigger software, but it didn’t come with a friggin USB cable!
Easy, but setting up hats and dial in cross talk and sensitivity and such is a learning curve, hats are going to make you mad.
Mid range, good pads cheap hardware. Corners cut on quality.
I would buy the Roland, even though it isn’t as pretty, and doesn’t have as many extras, it will be of higher quality. I would not buy an Alesis product again.
Haven’t talked to them so do not know
It does look pretty.
Multi instrumentalist 30yrs, home studio 20yrs, gig occasionally but retired.
Blues, rock, classic rock, alternative rock, southern rock, blues rock, grunge, adult alternative.
4 of 6 people (67%) people found this review helpful. Did you?