Alesis Nitro Mesh Kit Electronic Drum Kit, 8-Piece
BACK IN STOCK

Alesis Nitro Mesh Kit Electronic Drum Kit, 8-Piece

Alesis upgraded their Nitro e-drums with next-gen mesh heads! A serious value, this 8-piece set includes the Nitro module loaded with 40 kits and 385 sounds.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted September 2, 2018 by Stevenson Clenord in Boston, MA
"Amazing kit for the price"
I did my research before buying this kit and I got to test it out at guitar center. For the price you can’t beat it mesh heads you can always change the kick towe later down the road, you can add another Tom or cymbal. If your using this kit for practice I would recommend this kit or for the studio you can always download sounds online. But it took me 30 minutes to setup easy to setup. This kit is great for learning new chips playing along tracks or if you just wanna jam. I tweak some of the sounds I didn’t like which is very easy. I love the mesh pads I can practice as late as I want at night without disturbing the peace. Make sure you have good studio monitors or Drum monitor and good 1/4 cable. I love this thing doesn’t take up too much room I would recommend this to anyone who wants to practice or have fun! This kit is with the money I almost spent 900 on a Roland but this work just fine. Don’t hesitate to get this it’s worth the money
I’ve been playing for 16 years
Hip hop,gospel
98 of 99 people (99%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 20, 2019 by Ben F in Spokane, WA
"I like it. Yes, sir, I like it a lot."
I'll start by noting a few things:- this is the first e-kit that I've played- I bought this to use with 3rd-party samples, not the included sounds- this review is based on a "For The Money" perspectiveThis is an entry-level (read: "inexpensive") e-kit with MESH HEADS. That alone is halfway to "good enough", as the heads really do feel a LOT more like playing real drums rather than practice pads with triggers embedded in them. However, that wouldn't matter if the other half weren't up to snuff: Does it actually work?Well, yes. As noted above, I'm using this with a USB cable to connect to my Windows machine and trigger drum samples in my DAW, rather than using the onboard sounds. For this purpose, it works very well; I haven't had any dropouts that I couldn't attribute to (and remedy with) my computer's settings. I haven't tried many of the onboard sounds, but what I've tried is "good enough" if you're OK with the sounds you're going to get from a drum module at this price.I've seen other reviews complain about the onboard sounds, and to this I say: What do you expect? There's no way that this little module, at this price, could be expected to deliver thousands of layers of multi-sampled sounds with mic selection/placement/velocities, and it's not reasonable to expect it to. That's what outboard gear is for, and plugged into Windows with any drum sampler I've tried, this kit is AWESOME.It's accurate, it's durable, and it feels a lot more like playing acoustic drums than anything with rubber pads for the triggers. The only thing I haven't been able to try yet is a double-kick pedal, but I've seen numerous reviews and videos of people using double pedals with this exact kit, and the only note I have is "get a pedal with the beaters close together". I cannot imagine wanting to pay more for an electronic drum kit. Buy it!
Metal, rock, blues, funk
28 of 29 people (97%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 9, 2020 by Isaac Harrison in OLEAN, NY
"Good - Great even... just small"
This set sounds good. For the price it offers better quality sound than some that are twice as expensive. The biggest issue I have with this set is that it is so small. If you are over 5'8 you may have trouble with this set. It is small, low to the ground and compact. The heads are small and the rack is small... can I say small enough? It really does sound great, but as I said if you are a larger human I would go with a different model.
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 18, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Fantastic Kit...but go for the next ones up!"
First of all, zZounds is fantastic.It arrived safely in only two days. Their customer service is absolutely top-notch. As for the kit as someone who has only played for writing, I’ve always wanted actual kit and to learn to apply myself and play better. I had low expectations for this kit to begin with, but lo and behold it’s quality is amazing.The features that they do not advertise, or fly under the radar are amazing. The module can be used separately as a drum machine. You can record, you can learn, it has everything. The sound is equivalent of a mid-level drum set or entry-level Pearl.I might be returning it but not because I am unhappy with it but rather playing with this kit has convinced me to buy the more expensive one because of bigger pads. I’m 6’1 and this is a small kit. Again it is not being returned because I don’t like it...it’s being returned because I love it and I’m sold on the $800 kit. Quite frankly if I had the money I would spend the 1200 for the top-of-the-line Alesis. I’ve only played it for about an hour and I am in love with it. I’m running it through a bass head and a 4 x 12 cabinet. The sound is fantastic. If you’re on a budget and you’re not too big, don’t even hesitate to buy this. I just can’t believe this was only $370.For the price of some boutique guitar pedals, you really cannot go wrong here especially with the customer service zZounds provides.Buy this and start enjoying quickly.
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 31, 2019 by J-J d in Wausau, WI
"Great kit for the Family"
My daughter loves music, and has already shown a sense of rhythm, but I was tired of the toy drums folks would buy for her, so I bought this kit for her for Xmas so she'd have something she could beat up now, and develop skills on, but would grow with her. I knew I wanted to go electronic, so I could turn it down and drum through headphones myself after she went to sleep. This kit is everything I wanted and more: cost-effective, sounds great, expandable, and durable. It's easy to lower for her, and raise back up for me (takes two minutes), and easy to adjust kick pedal sensitivity for her light foot vs my stomping. I probably enjoy it as much as she does. Best part as a dad: She definitely likes it way better than anything she had before. :)
Sound engineer, audio consultant, struggling bass player who really should move to drums
Rock, jazz, blues
13 of 15 people (87%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 14, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Not bad for the money"
I bought these drums to set up in my mini studio so that my band and I can rehearse quietly. The setup wasn't difficult but the frame ended up being smaller than I anticipated, and the instructions were lacking a lot of information, Once the drums were set up, I plugged them all in and they worked perfectly. As far as appearance is concerned, the drum pads are a lot smaller than they look in the picture. The picture in the ad looks like at least 10 or even 12 inch pads. These are very small. You would be hard pressed to play them without hitting the rims on any of the drums. Also, once setup, the drums seemed to jump around when played hard. The Hi Hat pedal does not have a grip for the floor so I had to put it up against the wall to keep it from moving while I played it. Overall, a good buy but deceptive ad picture.

Submitted April 7, 2020 by Mark I in Hampstead, MD
"Great kit for the money."
The only issue I had was setting up the highhat and snare the way I like them and still being able to access the command module. I put the snare support above the left support so I'm not hitting my leg with the left hand drumstick and placed the highhat at the end so it is even with the snare side to side. That only leaves space for the Command Module behind the hi-hat stand, and that makes it difficult to access all the features.
Playing bass and drums since the 70s.
I play many styles.
1 of 2 people (50%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 24, 2020 by Scott C in Hannibal, NY
"The frame is weak and if im going to get another Im for the strike pro"
Im constantly moving the foot pedal back towards me even on a carpet its sliding with good tape.. i just got 2 6x4 mats to put under it but im not wasting any more time i want the pro kit ... I liked the kit and how easy the module is to operate but its just not for me..i got sick of tightening it constanly its just small I feel as if im playing a cheap toy..even tho it has some pretty decent sounds and is a great beginner kit i guess but i dont think id want this for a first impression of the e drums .. Ive played my brothers pro kits and they are way better I also have a acustic set for the day time jamming at the house but i liked the fact of head phones on the electric kits. I also play it threw the 12 inch strike amp 2000 watts in which i love that... I do love Alesis Product tho..
20 yrs experience on the key board and drums
rock and rollalternative
of 1 people (0%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 6, 2019 by Matthew Elder in Vienna, WV
"Wow"
Don't get me wrong this is easy to use and the mesh heards are great but I not happy with the high rims on the drum heads where the drum sticks hits the rim and hold the drum sticks in an weird position but otherwise then that it's good for someone who is starting out I'll probably go back to a Kat kit I miss the one I had
Acid Techno Psytrance Hardstyle GOA Synthwave sci-fi Retro wave
5 of 11 people (45%) people found this review helpful. Did you?