When you call, mention priority code 202-BMV1
For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 21 and select 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Alesis Forge Kit, 8-Piece

Loaded with 70 drum kits and over 600 realistic sounds, the Alesis Forge Kit will deliver amazing performances whether you're on stage or practicing at home.

"Great deal" submitted December 26, 2016

By Scott L in Hudson, NH
Overall
Musical Background: I play guitar .been playing for 4 years. At home and with friends
Overall: I bought this set for my wife and she loves It! Great service from zZounds like always. I buy all my gear from zZounds and if it wasn't for the pay as you play I wouldn't have half of the quality equipment I have.thank you zZounds your the best!!!

"Great Brain, Meh Pads" submitted February 6, 2017

By Tristan Watne in Littleton, CO
Overall
Musical Background: been playing on and off for 18 years.
Music Style: Funk, rock, hard rock, blues, metal, jazz.
Overall: This is my second mid-level electronic kit. I previously owned a Kat KT2. In a perfect scenario, I would put the brain from this kit with the pads from the KT2. The Kick drum trigger on this kit is the major downfall; for beginners and people playing only single notes, it will suffice. However, if you try to do consistent doubles or triplets, the pad misses beats, even with the sensitivity maxed out. I haven't tried this with a double pedal, but I will be replacing the pad before I do. The brain on this thing is the best I've come across on a kit for under $1000, which make sense, since this brain is used on the command and Crimson kits, which are both more expensive. All that said, I probably would have opted for the command kit, if I were to purchase again.

"What a kit" submitted August 8, 2017

By Michael H in Saint Louis, MO
Musical Background: Trumpet, Bass, Drums, professionally
Music Style: Jazz, rock, pop, dance...etc
Sound: Obviously there will be sounds that it can't produce from a real kit, and the bass pedal has issues picking up your kick if you get too fast; but it also has a plethora of other sounds that an acoustic kit couldn't produce. Quality: Our drummer is a heavy handed fella, and this is holding up quite well under his, and frankly the whole band from time to time, beating on it. Overall: We use this as a practice kit for a rock band to keep the volume under control in the basement. I have a PA set up down there for the vocals and this just plugs right into that. Many presets to choose from and the ability to customize your own as well. The ability to plug it straight into a DAW or laptop for recording is pretty great as well, though I've not used that feature as of yet.

"Alesis Forge: The Whisper Machine" submitted May 26, 2017

By Ian B in Council Bluffs, IA
Overall
Musical Background: Lifelong recreational multi-instrumentalist who dreams of something bigger
Music Style: Hard rock; metal
Sound: The sound dynamics are very good and stable, for an electronic kit at any price range, and all the samples are high quality, and very full-bodied. However, if you set the hi-hat control to be a second kick pedal, it will still activate the hi-hat close/open, which was a pleasant surprise - it even keeps the hat closed when you use double bass. The problem here being that it keeps it MOSTLY closed. It occasionally opens partway during a fill. Feature: It's got 600-something samples to choose from, user-made kit and song options, and it is VERY quiet, especially compared to electronic kits using real heads. It sounds great, feels great, and won't wake the neighbors. Ease of Use: Set up is somewhat of a pain as the parts are labelled in the manual, but not actually on the parts, or the bags/boxes they come in - which isn't that big of a deal, seeing as the pictures are fairly clear anyway. Other than that, the module is pretty easy to use. It's very simple, straightforward, which took some getting used to after having had the DM10's bigger, bulkier, more advanced module, but it's pretty self-explanatory. You won't get lost there. Quality: It's an Alesis. It seems cheap, it kinda looks cheap, and it is cheap. But in 5 years of owning Alesis products, I have not once been disappointed or let down in any way. Their products will take whatever you throw at them and soak it right up - which is good, considering we percussionists tend to throw a lot more physical abuse at our gear than anyone else. Value: $500 for a quality 5-piece acoustic kit, with cymbals and all necessary hardware(even a pair of sticks that were better than I thought they'd be) would be a steal. This comes with 50 of them, and some slick music, to boot. Yeah, it's worth it. Manufacturer Support: Have never needed to contact Alesis, because their products have always worked right the first time around. The Wow Factor: The noise level. Just plug some headphones into it and it's like you don't exist. I live in a tightly-clustered apartment complex, with fairly thin walls. I set up at 12am and played for six hours. No one's called the cops, my roommate says no ones come knocking, or stomping on the floor, and that's with me playing hard - I'm a metal musician. All is well. Overall: This kit is whisper-quiet and leagues beyond any electronic percussion in it's price range - drum machine or drum kit.

"Good all around kit " submitted May 7, 2017

By Will M in Johnson City, TN
Musical Background: Engineer / Producer / Touring Musician / Lecturer
Overall: Using this kit to trigger "That Sound" sample libraries through Native Instruments' Battery 4. This kit is great for triggering virtual instruments. Built in sounds aren't usable otherwise in my opinion. Probably the best value in electronic drums at the moment as far as pads and rack are concerned. Rack is a bit shaky, just have to get it positioned and tightened down before adding the pads - then its fine. Huge improvement over my 6+ year old Dm6 kit. Works great for my purposes.

"alesis 8" submitted September 9, 2017

By Luis G in edinburg, TX
Overall
Musical Background: have been playing drums for 19 yrs, I prefer rock music and I jam at home and play at my church
Music Style: christian rock, country
Overall: well it's ok for just to past time i guess or to get some frustration but I don't really like them i should have just stuck with acoustic since they feel better to play from an electric drum set

When you call, mention priority code 202-BMV1. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449