map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 20L-TLXF

Rating and Reviews: Alesis DM10 MKII Pro Kit

With six mesh-head drums, a four-piece cymbal set, and a sturdy chrome rack, the Alesis DM10 MKII Pro is a solid electronic kit with a natural playing feel.

"Love it!" submitted October 30, 2019

By Chris M. in New London, CT
Overall
Musical Background: Ive played drums, self taught, for about 15 years. I play slide trombone and harmonica also.
Music Style: 70s funk, rap, rock, jazz, blues
Overall: I wanted an electronic kit so I could play whenever I wanted without bothering people. After a ton of research, I decided on the DO 10 MK2. I came across mixed reviews for it. A fair amount of people challenged it's durability, but looking at what you get in the $1000 price range, the DM 10 seemed to have the most to offer. So, I threw caution to the wind and bought it. I have absolutely no regrets. I have owned it for about 8 months now and, in spite of me banging on it literally every day (sometimes 5 minutes, but often hours on end when I'm on to something new) it hasn't hiccuped once. I play in my unfinished basement which sees a little dust. The rack is very sturdy. All the hardware holds what it's meant to hold firmly with no slipping or flex. The mesh pads have a good feel to them and do allow for a bit of expression. Not quite like your accoustic, but that's one of the give and takes between the two. The dual zone crashes and 3 zone ride are cool too, giving you lots of options for claves, cowbells and such. However, I did notice it's not always accurate in separation of the zones, but not often enough to bother me. The sound module is good. Very user friendly. The quality of the sounds is pretty good, but I would suggest picking up a good drum software program. You can also install 3rd party sounds via thumb drive. Overall I love it and strongly disagree with the durability issue some people have had. For the money, I think this is a great choice. And as usual the folks at zzounds we're great. Gotta love the pay as you play no credit check payment plan, cuz my credit sucks and I rarely have 1000 bucks to spare.

"A Step Up" submitted October 23, 2017

By Kristopher H. in Manor, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I've been beating things with sticks my whole life
Music Style: I'll lay a beat down for any type of music genre. I enjoy finding the structure that keeps the song interesting
Overall: I purchased this kit as a replacement for the KT3 Advanced kit I had. I was skeptical about moving to mesh heads after only ever using mylar and rubber head kits before. I will say that the mesh heads on the DM10 are excellent. The rebound is nice and the overall feel of the heads is on par with all of the other electronic kits I have used. The sound is excellent and the rack is a lot heavier duty than the KT3 kit. Assembly of this kit, while not quick, was pretty straight forward. It assembles much like any other electronic kit out there. I had read some reviews of this kit before purchasing and saw others complaining that the instructions included were not good. While the instructions are short, they do cover the essentials. While this kit won't compete with the high-end Roland kits, you will get your money's worth. The drum module for this kit is superb! Alesis did an amazing job in designing the brain that controls this kit. The ability to customize each trigger and the sounds takes you to a level more granular than any I've ever used. If I had any reservations about this kit it would be the kick pad trigger. This pad doesn't give you a very sensitive touch. I recommend going with a little bit higher end kick pedal if you want to maximize the kick pad sound. It is as fully customize-able as the other triggers but the pedal will pick up what the trigger is lacking. All in all, with a good set of headphones, a nice throne and a decent kick pedal you will be able to rock out with your.....socks out.....for a long time to come with this kit. There is one additional small feature that Alesis added to the kit that even my 7 year old loves......each pre-set kit has its own color that lights a backlit led on one of the buttons. This makes it much easier to remember your favorite kit without having to remember the name or number of the kit on the display. Very nice, Alesis! Job well done in my opinion! I gave manufacturer support 4 stars only because I haven't had to use it yet. Everything has been superb about this kit thus far!
35 of 37 people (94.59%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Pretty Good" submitted March 26, 2020

By Mike B. in Waterloo, WI
Overall
Overall: I've owned this for over a year, now, so I feel I can give this a fair review. To begin with, I am an extremely aggressive drummer. I am not gentle at all. This drum set has held up surprisingly well considering how much I've put it through. The only thing that's failed me is the choke feature on the crash cymbals. I damaged the strip of metal under the rubber at the edge of the crashes from hitting them so hard, so the choke feature triggered every time you hit the cymbal. Simply swapping around the 2 cables that go into the cymbals fixed this, but you no longer have the ability to choke. Not a big deal. Besides that, this drum set is great. The built in sounds are nothing more than ok, but I use external software when I record drums, so the built in sounds don't matter to me. I'm quite happy with these drums. No regrets.

"Not impressed" submitted April 23, 2019

By Daniel D. in Oshkosh, WI
Musical Background: 46 years playing drums, bass and guitar
Overall: I bought this kit to rehearse for a cover band I had just joined. The positives are that it sounds great with the right headphones and it has good sensitivity, the zones work well and the on board sounds/kits are pretty decent. The cons are that the hardware frequently vibrates loose with normal use, it sounds terrible through every amp I've tried and one of the pads died during auditions and it was only about 3 months old. Alesis replaced it no questions asked and didn't ask for the failed pad back so great support that way.My take is that it's great for a beginner or infrequent use but I would not trust this kit live period.

"Not What I Expected" submitted July 24, 2019

By Matthew M. in Akron, OH
Overall
Musical Background: 10 years of playing at home.
Music Style: Rock, metal, blues.
Overall: Bought this as an upgrade to my Command Mesh kit. As far as hardware goes, it’s better built. But the ride cymbal arrived dead. After contacting Alesis, it was replaced. The other issue I have is that the samples that come preloaded are pretty bad. Bad enough I had to plug into my old Command module to get a decent sound out of it. Overall, it’s more sturdy and the pads feel upgraded and more realistic than my previous electronic kits. But unless you have your own samples or a module you like, not worth the money.

"It's a dead product." submitted April 6, 2018

By C H.
Overall
Musical Background: My entire life. BaSiCaLlY eVeRyThInG. Professional and recreational.
Music Style: Metalcore
Overall: There is no support for this kit and it's completely overlooked due to the strike series. The sounds that come with the module are lackluster at best. When adding sounds you should be fine until you try adding a custom hi hat. there's no way to make it both open and closed. so you either get only an open hi hat or a closed hi hat with custom sounds. The only upside is midi but tbh it's not worth it because drumming software is expensive af. My ride cymbal is also hardly responding and I got this kit mid February. I'm not abusive with my cymbals either, and yes my sensitivity is cranked. I don't recommend this kit. You're better off getting a command kit, selling the module and buying a different one, and replacing the cymbal pads. Or y'know, Strike Pro (I should've gotten that instead).

When you call, mention priority code 20L-TLXF. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Viernes 9AM a 7PM EST

Please enter your shipping zip code: