When you call, mention priority code 1ZN-328B

Rating and Reviews: AKG K72 Headphones

Need to stock up on tracking-room cans? A great value, AKG K72 headphones deliver a neutral response, serious isolation, and a strong-yet-lightweight build.

"Awesome at Thrice the Price!" submitted October 20, 2017

By Dave Smith in Pittsburgh, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Professional and semi-pro. Over 35 years.
Music Style: Mostly prog-rock.
Sound: The best balanced sound I've heard in anything under $100. Feature: The single sided cord, its ample length and screw-on adapter are exactly what I need. Ease of Use: The cans themselves are ├╝ber-comfortable! The fit is surprisingly secure for such a light feel. Quality: So far, so good. Solidly built for a lightweight set. The cord is secure and doesn't kink. Value: These AKG's are easily worth three times the price. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them yet. For $40, I doubt I ever will. They break in a few years, I buy new ones. But I don't think that will happen with moderate care. The Wow Factor: Not much WOW in a set of headphones, it's not like I'm expecting a need to add them to my nighttime crimefighting outfit or have them translate Sindarin. The sound is pretty WOW, though. Overall: I just received these headphones and they're probably the best sub-hundred-dollar set I've ever had. Clean, balanced and full, they are so far serving every purpose I need them for. Using them to program patches on my DigiTech rp360XP, they tell me exactly what it will sound like through my amp. Listening to music is a pleasure as they cover bass, mids and highs in near perfect balance. Are there better? Sure. Are there better at this price range? Not even close. I've even used them for monitoring mixes and have zero complaints. I mean, yeah, if you need to hear a hummingbird fart through the mix of a dubstep Metallica remix, go for the $300 headphones. If you need a set that's not a toy and don't have a lot of money, or if you need to outfit a recording studio or rehearsal space with multiple sets of cans, go with these AKG's. I use a TC Helicon Voice Live 2, and during band practice, I can hear a perfect representation of my various reverbs, delay decays and harmony voice balances. Rating these on parameters other than sound, they fit the bill wonderfully. They are light but sturdy. The cans fit completely over my ears and even wearing my eyeglasses I can barely tell they're there after a couple hours. Complete sound blocking? No. But more than sufficient for average use listening to music, practicing or mixing. The one-side cable is long enough for anything I need it for and a welcome relief from dual-sided cords hanging down my neck and down the front of my body. The handy screw-on 1/4" adapter covers all of my many needs. In short, these cans are great and for $40, I'll replace them if I do break them or something.

"You get what ya pay for" submitted November 11, 2017

By Skip Stover in Broadway, VA
Musical Background: hobby
Overall: Ok there only $40 headphone but you'd think they last a day. I put them on to try them out, first they are clunky and not very comfortable. Then when removing them the ear pad fell off. I've had $20 Sony headphones last ten years and given away still working. I guess I expect too much.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZN-328B. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449