Submitted June 2, 2012 by a customer from gmail.com
"The Best headphones for anything...studio...audiophiles...home users...outdoor use"
I've tried many, many, many headphones from $50 to $600. Just to name a few - AKG K702, K701, K271, K171, Koss PRO4AAT, MV-1, Beyerdynamics DT-770, .....
Nevertheless I like these most. Why? Because they're good for everything. Not excellent in every area, but well balanced. For instance K702 has crisper, little more detailed sound and wider sound stage, but zero isolation, making it unusable even in quiet outdoors or during recording. Same with K701. The K271 sound is concentrated on mids, they may be a little more detailed, however the sound stage is much more narrow (price for better isolation). Koss PRO4AAT are very flat, however very uncomfortable to wear for longer periods. DT-770 as well as some other BD are not very good in trebles, the sound is somewhat laser-shaped.
These K240 are:
- semi-opened - at least some isolation and some sound stage
- very comfortable - unlike the AATs
- easy to drive - 55Ohm!
- performs well even in outdoor use (sometimes even better than closed headphones, because the isolation is not that strong - less bass gain from outside)
- not cheap, but well-priced :-)
- durable - they withstand almost anything (even rain)
- more quiet when recording than K70x . While there may be some leakage to microphone, these headphones proved themselves excellent when recording wind instruments
- comes with two cords and two cushions, excellent
Simply excellent. Wide soundstage, not that much as K702, but great. Trebles are little higher, but nothing disturbing. Bass is fine, even in subsonic level and middles are well-blended between these.
5m coiled/3m straight cable and changeable cushion is excellent thing. Most of the time I use 5m cable with soft cushion.
Ease of Use
Once you put them on your head and hit the play (or rec) button, you can enjoy nothing but natural sound. So yes, just put them on and press play.
They are durable even if they don't look like durable. The construction is pretty sturdy and well-made. And most importantly - Made in Austria
Yes definitely! It's worth every cent you've put into this. I'd say don't waste money on K702 or any other headphones, but that's just my opinion.
The Wow Factor
WOW! Simply great!
making music since 2007, owning home studio and play keyboard, guitar, duduk, shvi, recorder, djembe
17 of 17 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?
Thanks for your opinion!