Akai MPC Live II Retro Edition Music Production Workstation

Akai MPC Live II Retro Edition Music Production Workstation

Get the sounds and workflow of classic MPCs with the color scheme to match! The Akai MPC Live II Retro Edition mixes modern flexibility with old-school vibe.

Overall:
5 out of 5 stars
Submitted March 30, 2021 by Teacee M in Harrodsburg, KY
"Classic MPC Live ll but New"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
I noticed this Mpc Live Retro boots faster then the Mpc Live ll black model and faster then the Mpc X, the pads feel a bit thicker then the previous models, I could be wrong. I use the Mpc X as the master in my studio, but I love the portability of the Mpc Live ll and the built in speakers is a bonus, no need for headphones. It has a fast learning curve compared to other production groove boxes, or sampler workstations. The ability to export as an ableton live project and the sync with live link and the ability to control ableton live feature has endless possibilities. The only con the retro had is the buttons to display the names with a light like the first mpc live ll, the may be a problem for live performers in a dark setting, unless you memorize the buttons
Sound Designer/producer/dj
A variety of styles from hip hop to r&b funk and classic rock
21 of 22 people (95%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 11, 2021 by Lumpy Nehar in Charleston, WV
"I now know what all the hype is about with MPC’s"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
I am in love. I have been making music for roughly 10 years now and always used my mac or various Roland Sp’s. The Live is by far my favorite out of all of them. It is SO easy to make music on this thing. I love how easy it is to put what sounds I want on it. The SP’s are always a nightmare. If you have never experienced a MPC, you should.
Touring musician
Mid-west, Alternative, Hiphop, Electronic
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 19, 2021 by K F in Chicago, IL
"MPC Live II Retro"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
Man this thing is very nice. Its basically a portable MPC X. It looks like my Roger Linn MPCs. It's the MPC of the 2020s
Hip Hop, R&B, & Soul
My sound is a sonic explosion od various style of music
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?