When you call, mention priority code 203-4KBT

Rating and Reviews: Akai MPC Live

Lose the laptop and build beats on Akai's standalone MPC Live. With an MPC-Touch-style 7" touchscreen, this battery-powered beat machine was born to perform.

"This is amazing" submitted September 17, 2017

By a customer from yahoo.com in San Antonio, TX
Music Style: All types
Overall: I got this unit in July and still learning how to use it. I have never used an MPC before. The mac pro video series has a tutorial that skims the basics, after watching that I started messing around with it. The MPC forums have a lot of valuable information to help you get started. If you buy this unit the only thing you MUST also buy is the MPC bible from the MPC forums. It dives in depth and will turn you into a master. Now to review this unit let me begin by putting out the most important gripe by many others, The software is still in Beta mode and some features are not yet available. Trust me the features in which are available will keep you busy for the next year at least. The Live has a battery and you can use it anywhere. The build quality reminds me of the Ableton Push very solid! It comes with a lot of sounds but you must remember that this is a sampler so the sounds are unlimited. The inputs on the back are 1/4 inch dual phono jacks unless you have a turntable and ONLY then can you use the RCA's via phono preamps. You will need a mic preamp if you want to use a mic. May I suggest buying a Tascam DR-40 or other mini recorder with a 1/8" stereo jack to dual 1/4 inch phono jacks to make a portable rig to get your mic sounds into the Live. without needing power. The wifi and blue tooth are not active yet but will be soon. The Live works very well and if you never have used MPC like me, you will be able to have a lot of fun learning it as you make music with it. This unit is deeper than you could imagine with all the onboard Fx and instruments. If you are reading this you should buy one for yourself only if you want a portable studio that rocks and you are willing to learn to use the Live.

"BEST MPC EVER! " submitted September 30, 2017

By L S in Chicago, IL
Overall
Overall: As a gear head- I've had many samplers including the MPC2000XL which I regretfully sold a very long time ago- the concept of having the MPC standalone again is amazing!! Especially in a time where I really wanted to get away from being tethered to a laptop or computer which has been the trend in the industry lately that I'm glad AKAI decided to step back from after the Touch and MPC Renaissance. The MPC is reborn-- the LIVE feels great!! Lightyears ahead of it's ancestors before it and IMO- even it's computer tethered counterparts today like maschine and push. Everything from the RGB pads to the super responsive touch screen/ with a ton of features literally at your fingertips just makes you want to play with it NONSTOP. Features like Pad Perform gets you making melodies right away without even having to plug in a Midi controller- definitely making it easy for you to get started on a song in no time. I've already sampled some my favorite drums machines and synths in my collection right to the unit- sounds fantastic!! It's been so refreshing to go standalone- I use it as my main sequencer to control my hardware synths. I couldn't be happier without the laptop. I'd also like to thank zZounds for helping finally get one- My customer service agent Fransico did an awesome job- thank you for all your help you are awesome!

"Awesome gear" submitted June 22, 2017

By a customer from gmail.com in Round Lake , IL
Music Style: Hip hop
Overall: This product is everything and some .. I'm loving it.... and I love zZounds so much for letting me upgrade my setup without all the money up front ... sampling is a breeze for me know ... before I was sampling through a program then dragging it over to Mpc software.. dnt have to do that anymore ..

"Mpc live Has healing powers " submitted May 16, 2017

By Jeff Martin in Highlands , TX
Musical Background: 17 years Sample based producer
Music Style: Hip hop
Overall: Friend of mine was in a terrible accident while he was healing in the hospital his MPC LIve shipped.We had a fantastic experience learning this amazing piece of equipment together and it really allowed my buddy to take his mind off his pain. One day later after jamming out in the burn unit my homie was able to go home and enjoy his new MPC Live;special powers this thing possesses
13 of 17 people (76.47%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Do not buy yet wait for the new version " submitted September 23, 2017

By Freddie B in Sacramento, CA
Musical Background: 27 years music production and engineer
Music Style: Rap hip hop pop
Overall: Crash crash crash not able to save not useful at this piont untill akai fix all the bugs this thing is useless my bke beat thang works better then this and trust me the beat thang crashes alot too

When you call, mention priority code 203-4KBT. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449