When you call, mention priority code 20G-25H8

Rating and Reviews: Adam Audio T7V Active Monitor

With U-ART ribbon tweeters and HPS waveguides for a wide sweet spot, ADAM T7V powered monitors deliver clarity and detail unheard of in this price range.

Overall

"Better than the HS8 and Much cheaper!" submitted May 16, 2018

By Logan R in Jefferson City, MO
Overall
Musical Background: City Orchestra 3 years, Music Production and Mixing 9 years
Music Style: Producing Electronic and Pop, Listening to Electronic, Pop, Rock, Hip-hop, and Classic Rock.
Overall: I've owned a pair of Yamaha HS8 Studio Monitors for over 3 years, I liked them, and they were the best in the price range at the time when it came to delivering accurate sound and clarity across every frequency range. When I heard Adam came out with a new line of monitors in the same price range, I though I would give them a try considering Adam Audio's reputation. I am so glad I did, the t7v's offer the same frequency response as the Yamaha HS8 in the low end despite being much smaller. Although the ribbon tweeters don't speck out at as high a frequency as Yamaha's dome tweeters, the Adams pull through with enhanced clarity that surely beats every other speaker below $350. In fact, the only speakers I've heard that were clearer in the highs had to have been the KEF LS50. The low end is super tight, much tighter than the HS8 and the high end, while not as airy, is extremely accurate and again, much tighter than the Yamaha's. These monitors are smaller than I expected, and pack a pretty gnarly punch, especially in the 70Hz - 150Hz range. They do 40Hz content extremely well considering how amazingly clear the mids are. The internal amp is noisier than the Yamaha's and the speaker needs considerably more signal to drive it than the Yamaha's. I did side by side tests for hours between the two speakers, and always found I had to turn up the gain significantly for the Adams when both speakers were set to 0 on the back. Though it's not too noisy, the white noise coming from the tweeter is noticeable if you're looking for it, the Yamaha's handled this much better. The woofer is very stiff, which is a good thing in my opinion. It seems to need more power to actually push the speaker, and being so much more rigid than the Yamaha's I guess is what gives this speaker the premium sound. The clarity is amazing in the highs! The Yamaha's high end, while nice, could be grading after a while - the Yamaha's also weren't as clear as these. I have been listening to the Adams all day at all volumes and haven't gotten tired of hearing them yet. I can hear details in percussion (especially sizzly sounds like shakers, cymbals, and hats) that were previously covered by slight distortion and a relatively sloppy tweeter. The Yamaha's high end sounded smeared in comparison. These do bass so much better than the Yamaha's as well. The clarity in the very low end is present even at low volumes! With the Yamaha's I felt like the roll of started well before the advertised 38Hz, with these I can hear 40Hz bass guitar and 808s very clearly at all volumes. I've said many times that these speakers are tight, the low end, which was sloppy on the Yamaha's in comparison, is no exception. It is a pleasure to listen to bass on these speakers. The options for room trim aren't very helpful as there's only a +/- 2dB shelf on the high and low. The gain knob doesn't snap to 0, additionally the only markings on the gain knob are -60dB, 0dB, and +18dB. Not very helpful when trying to fine tune my listening position. The "on" indication light is on the back of the speaker for some reason. Some people may like this, I do not, but if it helps drive the price down to only $250, then I'm good with it. These are excellent speakers. I am selling my Yamaha's immediately.

When you call, mention priority code 20G-25H8. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449