map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 20C-BM9D

Rating and Reviews: Adam Audio T7V Active Monitor

With U-ART ribbon tweeters and HPS waveguides for a wide sweet spot, ADAM T7V powered monitors deliver clarity and detail unheard of in this price range.

"Better than the HS8 and Much cheaper!" submitted May 16, 2018

By Logan R. in Jefferson City, MO
Musical Background: City Orchestra 3 years, Music Production and Mixing 9 years
Music Style: Producing Electronic and Pop, Listening to Electronic, Pop, Rock, Hip-hop, and Classic Rock.
Overall: I've owned a pair of Yamaha HS8 Studio Monitors for over 3 years, I liked them, and they were the best in the price range at the time when it came to delivering accurate sound and clarity across every frequency range. When I heard Adam came out with a new line of monitors in the same price range, I though I would give them a try considering Adam Audio's reputation. I am so glad I did, the t7v's offer the same frequency response as the Yamaha HS8 in the low end despite being much smaller. Although the ribbon tweeters don't speck out at as high a frequency as Yamaha's dome tweeters, the Adams pull through with enhanced clarity that surely beats every other speaker below $350. In fact, the only speakers I've heard that were clearer in the highs had to have been the KEF LS50. The low end is super tight, much tighter than the HS8 and the high end, while not as airy, is extremely accurate and again, much tighter than the Yamaha's. These monitors are smaller than I expected, and pack a pretty gnarly punch, especially in the 70Hz - 150Hz range. They do 40Hz content extremely well considering how amazingly clear the mids are. The internal amp is noisier than the Yamaha's and the speaker needs considerably more signal to drive it than the Yamaha's. I did side by side tests for hours between the two speakers, and always found I had to turn up the gain significantly for the Adams when both speakers were set to 0 on the back. Though it's not too noisy, the white noise coming from the tweeter is noticeable if you're looking for it, the Yamaha's handled this much better. The woofer is very stiff, which is a good thing in my opinion. It seems to need more power to actually push the speaker, and being so much more rigid than the Yamaha's I guess is what gives this speaker the premium sound. The clarity is amazing in the highs! The Yamaha's high end, while nice, could be grading after a while - the Yamaha's also weren't as clear as these. I have been listening to the Adams all day at all volumes and haven't gotten tired of hearing them yet. I can hear details in percussion (especially sizzly sounds like shakers, cymbals, and hats) that were previously covered by slight distortion and a relatively sloppy tweeter. The Yamaha's high end sounded smeared in comparison. These do bass so much better than the Yamaha's as well. The clarity in the very low end is present even at low volumes! With the Yamaha's I felt like the roll of started well before the advertised 38Hz, with these I can hear 40Hz bass guitar and 808s very clearly at all volumes. I've said many times that these speakers are tight, the low end, which was sloppy on the Yamaha's in comparison, is no exception. It is a pleasure to listen to bass on these speakers. The options for room trim aren't very helpful as there's only a +/- 2dB shelf on the high and low. The gain knob doesn't snap to 0, additionally the only markings on the gain knob are -60dB, 0dB, and +18dB. Not very helpful when trying to fine tune my listening position. The "on" indication light is on the back of the speaker for some reason. Some people may like this, I do not, but if it helps drive the price down to only $250, then I'm good with it. These are excellent speakers. I am selling my Yamaha's immediately.

"ADAM TO THE RESCUE!" submitted June 27, 2018

By Perry W. in Chelsea, OK
Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: Concert sound for many Major Recording Artists over the years. Started a Christian Artists and development management company th
Overall: I had to send my Focals in to have them repaired, that had a slight noise issue in the amplification. I needed some affordable monitors to fill in until they got back from repair. With ADAMS rep I knew that the affordable T7V's would probably be a good standby backup pair. Was I wrong! These are pretty serious monitors unheard of in their price range! Nice pristine highs. The low end is smooth and is rich. Bass instruments sound nice. I actually heard things in my previous recordings that i had not heard before...not just in the high end because of the ribbon tweeter... but the low end as well. The stereo image sounds wonderful... much like my Focals. I could close my eyes and hear the the depth of a good mastered track. For $500 a pair you can't go wrong. Are there better speakers out there....yes! However... get ready to spend over $1,500.00 a pair to get them. These are a good value for the price. The ADAM T7V"s are my new friends... even when I get the Focals back..the T7V's will be getting equal listening time... if not more!

"ABSOLUTELY PRESTINEEE" submitted October 30, 2018

Overall
Overall: I was on Yamahas HS5s for years like a PEASANT, ZERO low end on those but the mids and high are superb. All i wanted was a good low end and 2 track into mixing the T7Vs are absolutely unreal. If you're worried about not having enough low end or power dont worry at all. these are absolutely phenomenal at the price point. ill be buying the next tier up soon to go with these no brainer

"Would Not Recommend" submitted April 28, 2020

By Orion D. in Berkeley, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I’ve been a professional musician for 12 years and a music produce and engineer for 8 years now. I work professionally from hom
Sound: The top end is far too sharp. I often found myself D-Essing too much and it translated poorly onto other systems. Manufacturer Support: Awful! Not at all! Overall: I’ll share a few things to consider before purchasing these monitors; as well as my reasoning:1. Customer Service for Adam Audio is horrible.2. These monitors are not the very true in sound quality3. Ribbon tweeter makes high end very sharp4. They are not built to last5. Customer service for Adam Audio is HORRIBLEMy experience with these monitors has been so bad, that I went from a true believer in Adam Audio to completely writing off the company. 2 years ago I bought a pair of T7V’s that I was really excited about. They looked great with my new setup and I couldn’t wait to break them in and begin to mix projects on them. That dream was shattered! About 6 months in, I noticed my tweeter on my left monitor had blown out; so, I went back to using my old JBL’s and began trying to reach the customer service line for Adam Audio to discuss my warranty options. I emailed daily and called their office every day only to get the same recorded voice message for about two months (I have record of it). 8 months later I tried again because my 2 year manufacturer warranty was coming to an end. I got the same result; nothing! I got so fed up I finally decided to purchase another monitor to just replace the second one; and low and behold, not even 2 months later the new speaker blows out and I hear nothing but static. A week later I receive an email from Adam Audio inquiring about my original repair request from 2 years ago; only to tell me that my manufacturer’s warranty is now up and they won’t fix it for free. I am highly disgusted with the way Adam Audio treats their customers and I certainly will not be buying another peace of gear from them; nor will I be recommending them to any of my colleagues. P.S. I now have the Avatone CLA-10’s and I am in love with them!

"So Far Not Worth It" submitted April 24, 2019

By Dan R. in Austin, TX
Overall
Overall: This is my 2nd pair of T7V's and I can not get them to stop crackling. I'm not sure if these things are getting too banged up in the shipping process or what. I'm using the cables that came with them and there should be no power issues. I'm angry and I've reached out to Adam Audio already. Like-seriously, ready to plug in my crappy KRK Rockit 5's because these are sounding like straight garbage.

"Would Not Recommend" submitted April 30, 2019

By Dan R. in Austin, TX
Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: Top 40 & Classic Rock
Overall: I am in the middle of returning my third pair of T7V's today. I bought a pair of HS8's to replace them, and I wish that is what I would have done in the first place. I wanted to believe in these monitors so bad, especially because the great reviews and the Adam Audio reputation. These monitors would not stop making busted noises, almost as if the circuitry was bad or the speakers themselves were blown out. I don't think Adam has this product line worked out. I'm still in awe about how people are even saying anything good about these. Like I said, this is my third return on these monitors! For this third time, I bought a brand new interface (Scarlett 6i6), sprung out for some ridiculously priced cables (like $50/piece). This third pair sounded the worst! I checked voltage to make sure I wasn't getting any power draw from my wall sockets. I checked the DB settings in the back (all set to 0db). I referenced tracks from iTunes from Top 40- Led Zeppelin. I plugged in to a balanced source as well. These monitors did not want to work, guys, and I desperately wanted them to work hence why I spend like an extra $400 to make sure my imagination wasn't running wild. These monitors are certified trash. I'd love to see a working pair out their in the wild because I just don't believe it after this many times. I was expecting the best of the best, and this was the exact opposite of that. All pairs I received lacked any kind of low end or power at all. I would have to turn my output up on my interface at least half way or more to get any kind of volume... The HS8's I'm listening to right now as I type this are turned less than a quarter on my interface and I can hear all the frequency ranges clearly, and if I turn them up any higher I get a thick low end. I'm completely blown away on how bad the T7V's sounded. I hope you guys find this helpful. I tried very hard to get these monitors to work, but you can't fix something that literally comes busted right out of the box. I did all the troubleshooting steps Adam Audio suggested, and then some, in effort to isolate the issue. My solution that finally worked for me was going with the Yamaha HS8's. Problem instantly solved, and now I can move on with my business and stop feeling like a crazy person trying to get these busted things to work. Not going to lie, when I'm ready to upgrade again, to something in $1400+ range of monitors I'll be looking at other options first, and if I ever circle back up on Adam Audio I will not be giving them as many chances like I did this time. (Adam Audio was good about reaching back to me about trying to fix the issue, but my time and emotions are already spent. After 3 pairs I'm done.)

When you call, mention priority code 20C-BM9D. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Viernes 9AM a 7PM EST

Please enter your shipping zip code: