When you call, mention priority code 20B-MS9B

Rating and Reviews: American Audio VMS4 DJ

With complete analog mixer functionality in case of a computer crash, you can set up in the club with more confidence using this controller.

Overall

"A very well engineered unit, outstanding value for money, by far the best sub $600 DJ controller out there. BUY IT NOW!!!" submitted March 25, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: DJ/Producer (Published)
Music Style: Trance/House/Dubstep
Sound: The sound quality is quite good. You notice a bit of the typical Mp3 artifacts at lower bitrates, which is normal, but apart from that, no faults. Anyone you've heard complain about low output volumes or clicks and pops is clearly inept, and doesn't understand the relationship between the soundcard, computer, and amp & speakers. I did have to play around for about two hours to set up the audio the way I want it, but now, no complaints at all... Feature: WOW, this is unreal. I just came from a Numark Mixtrack Pro, and a Behringer BCD3000 before that, and this is amazing. I researched many controllers before I bought this, and for the price, nothing even comes CLOSE... The Denon MC-6000 has similar controls for a few hundred dollars more, and looks a bit better, but for the money, BUY NOTHING ELSE. I have been a DJ for 15 years, and this is the best sub-$600 controller out there. Again, BUY IT NOW!!! Ease of Use: I am glad that I am very technologically adept, because there were a few instances during setup, and still now 2 days on that leave me scratching my head for a second. WARNING, The audio I/O on this unit is AMAZING. The flexibility of this mixer is out of this world. This will create problems for some, but nothing a quick forum browse won't fix. You will need some technical chops to get the most out of this unit. That being said, if you're even considering it, you probably are undaunted by the plethora of control and I/O. TRAKTOR setup will take A BIT OF TIME. Be forewarned. Still, once it works, wow does it work GREAT!!! Quality: Very solid all-metal construction. I like the visual feedback. I love the Innofader Compatibility. The controls are responsive and tactile, the wheels are great (if not a bit on the small side, the one thing I miss about the Numark unit I had, the GREAT BIG wheels). I love the fact that IT DOESN'T MOVE. It's very heavy at 20 Lbs. so it really stays put. I don't have a roadcase for it yet, but still, I'm not worried about knocking it around a bit. All in all, very solid unit. Value: BUY IT NOW. There is nothing close at this price point, and I've played with them all. If you are thinking about spending 3-400 bucks on a Hercules or Imix or Reloop, pony up the extra little bit of cash for this unit, you won't be disappointed. Manufacturer Support: I bought it through Zzounds, so I presume good. Only had it for a few days now, but all I've heard about ADJ's support has been great. Hopefully I wont need any support, as it seems indestructible. I'm not one to ask for help either, so those of you who are hopeless at programming a VCR might want to make sure you have a techie friend to help out with any teething problems you'll invariably suffer with. The Wow Factor: It really looks the business. If you want to impress people with your stage presence, this will help hugely. It really does have a lot of wow factor. Especially with all the controls and I/O along the entire back and front of the unit, along with the fact that it's lit up like a Christmas tree, this will have them thinking you payed much more than you actually did. Very professional and impressive looking unit all around. Overall: I will be using this until I can afford an NS-7fx. I know that this will do the same job, it just doesn't come into the same league. I mean c'mon, SPINNING FREAKIN' PLATTERS??? Yeah, that's coming, but I won't be able to afford one for a while, so this will do just nicely. Unless you're Tiesto or Donald Glaude or something, this is probably more than you'll ever need. Check out the Youtube Demo Video of DJ Etronic with the VMS4, and you'll see it's real power. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

"Great DJ Controller!" submitted June 19, 2011

By a customer from spingroove.com
Musical Background: Pro
Music Style: Oldies
Sound: Sound quality is first rate. Using the controller with my laptop saves cpu cycles and the laptop doesn't have to work so hard. Feature: The unit comes with a power supply. Even though it will work without one, the advantages of using external are many. The unit is well laid out and is made out of metal so it doesn't feel like a toy. Since the unit is made of metal, it's got just enough weight to it so that it feels secure sitting on a table. When you're busy mixing the last thing you want is for the unit to go flying off! Buttons are rubberized and faders are replaceable if you wear one out. I like the fact that the mic controls are on the front of the unit. Ease of Use: There is nothing complicated about the unit, you should spend time reading the manual so that you understand the controls but even if you don't and have some experience with pro audio, you should be able to figure it out. Quality: Built like a tank but the truth will be how well it holds up after some time on the road. Value: Compared to the more expensive units, this one holds up very well when you compare features. Manufacturer Support: Don't know, I haven't had to contact support. Since American DJ is in LA, I suppose they will be responsive. The Wow Factor: Nice looking unit, with sexy lighted knobs, Overall: The product itself is great. The bundled software, VirtualDJ LE is nice too - BUT - to get the Pro version of VirtualDJ will cost you $149 and you will want the pro version. But I guess for the price and value it's still not a bad deal.

American Audio VMS4 DJ Customer Review submitted July 26, 2011

Music Style: R&B
Sound: I'm new to the DJ ing. Just wanted to get a portable system for my large family backyard parties. Had a problem with the set up of Virtual DJ LE on my MacBook Pro. With some help with the online tech support I was up and running in a few mins.I have a Behringer EPA300 Europort and two Mackie Thump Th-15A. I have the EPA300 handling the highs and the two Mackie Thumps handling the base. was very please with the sound. VMS4 controlled everything. VMS4 makes DJ ing very easy. Feature: I'm a newbie so I'm still learning all the features of the VMS4. Had it for two weeks. Ease of Use: Would have given a higher rating but I had a few set-up issues, but after I had it up and running everything was easy to start mixing tunes.. Quality: this thing is made like a tank...Will last a long time. Value: Worth all the money I spend on this product. Manufacturer Support: The support is great..Had me up and running in 5 mins. Overall: do plan on changing this product at all..Until it breaks!

"American Audio VMS4" submitted November 13, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Musical Background: all my life
Music Style: all music. as a dj you must love all
Sound: Sound is incredible. Easy to use. A must for the mobile dj Feature: Microphone input. But is a known issue and easy fix. Ease of Use: The best. Plenty of output to choose from. Quality: No plastic here. All metal construction shiws quality Value: Cannot beat the price. And the features Manufacturer Support: Yes. I own a few American Audio products The Wow Factor: Recommend to all djs as the primary or backup unit Overall: The best as far as size and portability

American Audio VMS4 DJ Customer Review submitted May 23, 2011

Musical Background: Djing , Dancer- B-Boy
Music Style: hip hop, Dance- Funk
Sound: Great Sound.Quality is great.Sound is on point when playing. No Complaints at all i love it !!

"VMS4/Virtual DJ Disappointment" submitted June 18, 2011

Musical Background: Club/Mobile DJ
Music Style: Hip Hop, Top 40, House, Dance
Sound: The VMS4 is a good product but has too much configuring to do to make it work properly. I had it for 4 months. It worked fine when I first started using it. But when I started buying speakers to do parties, the audio stopped. I kept trying to troubleshoot it with no success. I think if I get a more simpler set up, it'll take all my stress away. Feature: The VMS4 included Virtual DJ Version LE. This is great for bedroom DJ's. But when you need to Video DJ, you have to upgrade and pay for the Professional version. Value: If it was easier to configure the setting's, I think it would be a steal for the price. But with the problems, I don't think it's worth your time. Manufacturer Support: Mostly time differences made it difficult to correct my problems. Then when I did get in touch with them, it was the run around and difficult instructions. The Wow Factor: It's slick design was what attracted me aside form the effects. Overall: Already trying to sell it to get something else. Simplicity will be my focal point in looking for something else.

"The best controller in the market for under $500.00" submitted May 4, 2011

Musical Background: Pro DJ
Music Style: reggae and rnb
Sound: I love the vms4. Finally someone has been listening to the DJs. The sound quality is amazing, I luv the output options and the ability to mix and match between usb and analog sound inputs. I am still messing around with it but so far, I love. May be in the future have a next level up of the vms4 with a built in sample.... Feature: A built in sampler would be great. It would actually complete this product. Ease of Use: Using the product was easy. Almost straight out of the box. Had some issues with the software during installer hut I was able to figure it out Quality: The product is solid. Some people complain about the weight but that does not both me since the nice steel contraction makes me feel that the equipment can handle my mobile DJ gig. Moving it a couple of time in a week. Value: I hate to say since they may raise the price. But its more than worth it. Did not have a problem spending $500 for the equipment. I think that its perfectly priced. Manufacturer Support: One of the led lights on the uv meter was out straight out of the box. I called zzound and the sent me a replacement asap. What a great company. But I have not used American audio support as yet. The Wow Factor: The design is perfect. I love that you can add the different skin, but they cost too much!! Overall: Only if I find another controller with a built in sampler will I give up the vms4.

"product is good but software is not good need tohave the pro to get it work ..." submitted November 13, 2011

Overall
Music Style: all kind of music...
Sound: The product is not working properly and i return for differnt product. Ease of Use: The video that i watch is not the same when i received it and start testing it. Quality: nop Value: price is good but what you pay is what you get... Manufacturer Support: The Virtual Le that comes with it is not good you have to get the pro to make it work properly.

When you call, mention priority code 20B-MS9B. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST