Roland TD-50K Redefined V-Drum Pro
To match your talent and ambition, the Roland TD50K offers unparalleled expression for performance, demanding practice sessions, and pro studio work. Built on the foundation of the TD-50 module with Prismatic Sound Modeling, this electronic kit provides Roland's most impressive and wide-ranging sounds yet.
The advanced processor is complemented by snare and ride pads, which feature multi-element sensor systems and high-speed digital communication with the module. Meanwhile, deep customization and open-ended connectivity mean it's never been easier to capture your sound. Delivering exceptional playability and maximum expression, the TD-50K is as serious as you are.
Dynamic Prismatic Sound Modeling Brings Your Drumming to Life
Great drummers demand great performance, and at the heart of the Roland TD-50KV, you'll find the TD-50 -- a powerful sound module whose original Prismatic Sound Modeling technology means that every element of your playing style is caught and conveyed in thrilling detail. Working alongside the TD-50KV's snare and ride cymbal pads -- which feature our most advanced trigger-sensing technology yet -- the TD-50's high-resolution processing gives you the most lifelike, resonant, and expressive sounds you'll hear from an electronic kit.
Customize Your Sound for Live Sessions and Studio Work
A variety of musical scenarios are no problem with the TD-50, which offers a choice of onboard kits to suit every session. This advanced module also supports deep sound customization, including basic adjustment of heads and shells, layering of internal and user samples, and adjustment of overhead mics and ambience. For tailored performance, a compressor and three-band EQ can be controlled for each pad individually, while three independent multi-effect sections let you treat specific drums with 30 effect types such as delay, flanger, saturator, and many others. The two-band multi-compressor and four-band equalizer on the output let you change the overall dynamics and tonal balance, depending on whether you're in the studio or on stage. And with the Snapshot feature, you can quickly assess and compare any edits to your sounds before making permanent changes.
Play Genuine Snare Techniques with the 14-inch PD-140DS
Working alongside the TD-50 sound module is the PD-140DS digital snare pad, which brings a new level of expression to your snare work. A three-layer mesh head is fitted to a standard size 14-inch shell, providing natural rebound and feel that's instantly familiar to play. And now, thanks to Roland's multi-element sensor system, your strokes across every area of the pad are more closely detected, and your playing dynamics captured in minute detail. In addition, traditional cross stick technique is automatically detected as the pad senses your hand and adjusts accordingly. With the unmatched response of the PD-140DS, every snare nuance is natural, detailed, and bursting with character.
Explore Traditional Cymbal Techniques with the CY-18DR Ride
The ride is one of the most expressive elements in any drum kit. Paired with the TD-50 module's advanced engine, the CY-18DR delivers ultra-realistic performance never before achieved with any cymbal pad. With its regular 18-inch size and familiar motion during performance, this digital cymbal blends seamlessly with standard playing techniques. The high-resolution, multi-sensor system within the cymbal pad provides exceptional response, continuously detecting every stroke from edge to bell. Put the CY-18DR through its paces with techniques from cymbal legato to soft bell strokes and hear the detail for yourself. You can even mute the bow with a finger touch!
Play with Your Own WAV Files and Record Easily to a DAW
As a creative drummer, you'll love the TD-50KV's open-ended connectivity, which lets inspiration flow in both directions. Using the module's SD card slot, it's easy to trigger your own WAV files using any of the TD-50KV's drum pads. You can loop or layer WAV sounds alongside the internal sounds while controlling volume and tone via the TD-50's front panel. When you write a great groove, simply connect the TD-50 module to a computer via USB for multi-track recording direct to your favorite DAW. Up to 10 channels can be recorded separately, then easily edited for tone color and more. There's even a choice of audio sampling formats: 48 kHz, 96 kHz, and the standard 44.1kHz.
Hit the Stage Faster with Balanced Connections to a PA
If you play live every night, the TD-50KV will help avoid the time and effort of a lengthy setup. The TD-50 is the first V-Drums module to feature an XLR stereo master out and eight TRS direct outs, allowing for a balanced connection to a PA system. Assigning a pad to any of the individual outputs is simple, while convenient master/headphones volume controls and group faders balance the output levels instantly. You can also assign the volume to control headphones only, perfect for adjusting the monitor level without affecting the PA signal.
Practice Features to Develop Your Technique
The TD-50KV is the choice for serious drummers, but there's always room for improvement. This kit doesn't just let your drum technique shine; it actively improves it too, offering onboard features that help you get the best from practice sessions. Whether you lock down your timing with the Quiet Count function or play along to backing tracks via the SD card slot, it's easy to get inspired, even when you're practicing alone.
- Roland TD50K Redefined V-Drum Pro Electronic Drum Features
- Flagship electronic drum kit with ultimate expression
- TD-50 module with Prismatic Sound Modeling and onboard sounds
- 14-inch PD-140DS digital snare with a high-resolution multi-sensor system for unparalleled dynamics and accurate positional detection
- 18-inch CY-18DR digital ride provides accurate positional sensing and improved dynamics using an innovative multi-sensor system
- Additional cymbal pads include VH-11 V-Hi-Hat, CY-12C crash, and CY-13R crash/ride
- KD-120BK Kick Trigger Pedal and three PDX-100 V-Pads for toms
- Play your own WAV samples via an SD card
- USB 10-channel audio out for multi-track recording through a single USB cable
- Stereo XLR master output and eight TRS direct outs provide balanced connections to a PA
- Metronome with Quiet Count plus audio recording/playback functions for practice
- MDS-50K drum stand
* Kick pedal, snare stand, hi-hat stand, and drum throne are not included.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Roland products.
Roland TD50K Kit Configuration:
- Drum sound module: TD-50 x 1
- V-Pad DIGITAL Snare: PD-140DS x 1
- V-Pad (Tom1, Tom3, Tom4): PDX-100 x 3
- V-Hi-Hat: VH-11 x 1
- V-Cymbal Crash: CY-12C x 1
- V-Cymbal Ride (Crash): CY-13R x 1
- V-Cymbal DIGITAL Ride: CY-18DR x 1
- V-Kick: KD-120BK x 1
- Drum Stand: MDS-50K x 1
- Extra trigger input jack: 5 (TOM 2, AUX 1-AUX 4)
- Accessories: Setup guide, Drum stick holderSize and Weight:
- Width: 59 1-16 inches (1,500 mm)
- Depth: 51 3/16 inches (1,300 mm)
- Height: 49 1/4 inches (1,250 mm)
- Weight (including KD-120BK and MDS-50K): 91 lbs. 8 oz. (41.5 kg)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
- with Free Roland Drum Throne