Split Your Wattage with this Road-Friendly PRS Combo Amp
The Paul Reed Smith Archon 25 combo amplifier dishes out a wonderfully alluring reproduction of your performance in classic PRS style. Along with 25-watt and 13-watt switchable power settings, this amp utilizes two 5881 power tubes, six JJ12AX7 preamp tubes, separate three-band EQ controls for the lead and clean channels, bright switches for each channel, master volume controls for each channel, universal depth and presence controls, and two speaker output jacks with 4 ohms, 8 ohms, and 16 ohms settings for virtually any cab you might want to incorporate. All of that tube-infused tone makes its way through a clear and articulate 12" Celestion G12-75T speaker.
Two Channels with Loads of Control
Your PRS Archon 25 combo provides two channels of all-tube tone for your playing pleasure. The lead channel offers loads of gain for wailing riffs, controlled feedback, and lightning-fast runs and licks. Each channel has its own 3-band EQ control layout, so you can control the brightness, darkness, and midrange punch of each channel without affecting the other. This amp's 5881 power tube and JJ12AX7 preamp tube complement means your output will have that awesome warmth, color, and breakup that solid-state amps simply can't replicate when pushed to the max.
25 Watts or 13 Watts: Big Tube Tone, Even at Low Volumes
This lightweight combo amp comes with two wattage settings. Switchable power means this amp works well in any setting -- from the largest stage to your own bedroom. The 25-watt setting gives you plenty of volume and gain to tear the stage up. Switch on over to the 13-watt setting via the wattage selector switch on the back panel to get a different contour. When you push the gain up on a lower wattage setting, you'll get all that rich cranked-up tube distortion without rattling the windows. Bring the gain and volume down, and hear your axe purr like a kitten.
Depth and Presence for Your Output
Don't neglect your depth and presence control dials on the right side of the front panel. Depth and presence controls are usually the last line of control in the chain your guitar's signal goes through before hitting the room. After the input gain stages, the presence control determines the amount of high-mid frequencies that are fed back. The depth control will act on the lower-end frequencies -- this control is responsible for the "wuff" sound guitarists like to talk about.
Works Great Alone or with a Cab
This amp is relatively compact and lightweight, so if you want to bring an external cab into the mix, you'll find two speaker output jacks on the back. You have 4 ohms, 8 ohms, and 16 ohms setting to work with, leaving the door open for a wide array of cab choices.
Get an overview of the PRS Archon 25 Guitar Combo in this video demo:
- Two-channel combo amp with 13-watt and 25-watt settings
- Clean channel and Lead channel
- One 12" Celestion G12-75T speaker
- Three band EQ control for each channel
- Bright switch for each channel
- Independent volume controls for each channel
- Universal presence and depth controls
- Master lead and clean channel volume controls
- Two 5881 power tubes
- Six JJ12AX7 preamp tubes
- Effects loop
- Footswitch features channel and loop bypass switches -- 2 button LED
- Two output speaker jacks with 4 ohms, 8 ohms, and `16 ohms settings switch
- Won't break your back at 34 pounds
zZounds is an authorized dealer of PRS Paul Reed Smith products.
- Watts: 25W/13W (Half Power Switch)
- Channels: Lead/Clean
- Power Tubes: 5881
- Preamp Tubes: (6) JJ12AX7
- Output Jack Configuration: 4/8/16 Ohm Selectable w/2 Output Jacks
- Fixed/Adjustable or Cathode Bias: Fixed Bias (Adjustable)
- Dimensions: (L x W x D) 21.5 x 10.5 x 17.75"
- Weight: 34 lbs
- Speaker: Celestion G12-75T
- Front Panel Controls: Volume/Treble/Middle/Bass/Master for each channel, Bright Switch for each channel, Global Presence & Depth.
- Rear Panel Controls: Half Power Switch, Impedance Selector, Bias Jack Terminals with Fixed/Adjustable or Cathode Bias.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):