When you call, mention priority code 15FG-9D2H

Rating and Reviews: Zoom MRS802CD Multitrack

8 tracks. Drum machine. Effects. 40 GB hard drive. CD-R/RW drive.

Overall

"ZOOM MRS802 8 tracks, killer effects and a drum machine. Why you're gonna love it!" submitted March 11, 2004

By a customer from pmt.org
Overall
Music Style: Country, Rock, Folk, America, James Taylor, CSNY, Doobie Brothers, etc.
Sound: The sound is pretty damn impressive! Is it the best I've heard? No, but then it doesn't cost $2,000.00. Sure there are better sounding units on the market. Yamaha AW4416, Tascam 2488, ADAT HD24, etc. But they a lot more money than the MRS802. Feature: The display on this unit is superb! Easy to read, backlit design, adjustable contrast. It just looks super when it lights up. Why the other manufacturers don't use a similar display is beyond me. Yamaha's displays pale by comparison. Even on their expensive models. All the buttons, switches, knobs, sliders, jog wheel, etc. feel sturdy and well made. The unit itself is very hefty when you lift it out of the box. It has a solid 3/8ths of inch heavy metal bottom. It's obvious ZOOM wanted to anchor all the electronics to something other than cheap plastic. Everything on this unit has a purpose and is well laid out. Although I did study the manual, I am certain I could have started using it almost immediately because of its logical layout. As a matter of fact that's what first interested me in the MRS802. The layout and design are much easier to understand than comparable units. Things I wish it had? An USB connection in addition to the CD recorder would be nice. A slightly larger display. A digital interface so I can transfer or receive files from other recorders. Including Alesis (ADAT), Tascam and Yamaha. (ADAT light pipe, USB and SPDIF). Quality: This product is well made. The finish, the fit, everything just tells you that a lot of thought and consideration went into producing the MRS802. The finish is perfect. I'm also not at all worried that it's going to break or develop problems. Barring an accident, it should last for a very long time. If I was going to take it out on the road. I would get a flight case. But it's portability is such that I feel I could carry it around without worrying about damaging it. That being said, I'm reasonably careful with my stuff. If you are too. I don't see any reason you couldn't haul it to a friend's house to do some recording. Value: In my humble opinion, the MRS802 just kills everything in it's price range (well under $1,000.00). Everything from the features, the construction, the ease of use, the portability, the easy to read manual and the display just speaks loads about ZOOM's commitment to producing high quality products. Watch out Yamaha, Alesis and Tascam, if these guys get any better you're in trouble. Simply an outstanding value! Manufacturer Support: Haven't had a chance to deal with the company. This thing is so well made I doubt that I'll have too. I've thought about contacting them on how to go about changing the hard drive to something larger. Say a 80 gigabyte drive. (Talk about HUGE!) But I actually think I could do it without even talking to them. The manual is fairly clear and concise on how to reformat the drive and reinstall the software. Since the hard drive is basically just an R&R operation. I'm certain I could pull it off without a hitch as long as there isn't some restriction in the software that wouldn't allow me to do it. The manual doesn't mention anything about replacing and/or upgrading the drive. But there's no reasonable reason to think that it couldn't be done. I'll get back to you on that in a few months. The Wow Factor: The color, layout and design just shout PROFESSIONAL! The overall impression (sex appeal) of this product is superb. From the time you take it out of the box you're gonna feel like, "Hey, this thing doesn't feel like a toy?" And you're going to be right. The smooth finish, great display and quality is just so evident that you'll be wondering how the hell can they sell something like this for that price? 10 years ago this would have cost 7 to 10 thousand dollars. Now it's well under $1,000.00. Incredible. Overall: I expect to have this for a very long time. Even when I eventually go to something "better." I will probably still keep this around for recording those late night sessions I have with friends or for use as a scratch pad for my song writing. One day, ZOOM or someone else will come out with a 24 track, 96 bit, machine for under $1,000.00. When that day arrives I will more than likely upgrade. (Don't laugh, we are already knocking on that door.) Before buying the ZOOM MRS802 I considered the following recorders: Fostex MR8 (Cost of compact flash cards too much $$, poor quality on board effects) Fostex VF08 (Not a true 8 track machine) Fostex VF160 (Somewhat steep learning curve, not as easy to use as the MRS802.) Yamaha AW4416 (More than twice the price, great quality though.) Tascam 2488 (Again more than twice the price but again a steep learning curve.) Alesis ADAT HD24 (Super sound, just required too much additional equipment to get me where I wanted to go. Plus portability was an important issue to me.) I had it within my budget to purchase everything listed above but the ADAT HD24. I finally decided on the MRS802 because of its ease of use, quality, portability, design, good sound and bargain price. It simply met all of my goals in one unit. If it got lost or stolen I would replace it immediately with the same or similar ZOOM unit. Before buying, it's important to remember that this unit only has two inputs and a high impedance input which is shared with input 1. What do I like the least about it? I wish it had 16 tracks. I also wish it had four inputs not two, an ADAT light pipe, a USB connection and SPDIF (Sony Phillips Digital Interface. Put all that in the next unit and I'll immediately upgrade to the 16 track version. But considering the price these are all very minor complaints.

"Words can't describe my COMPLETE satisfaction." submitted January 16, 2004

By a customer from kwch.com
Music Style: Rock, Pop, Country
Sound: I don't understand the "tech-geek" reviewers that don't like the sound. It is phenomenal!! I have yet to find an effect I don't like. At times you have to adjust the input/record levels when switching effects, but so what?! This recorder sounds superb! I guess some folks don't like the 802's sounds because it mimicks their "talent" too accurately! Feature: I honestly can't think of a feature missing from this unit that is stifling my creativity at all. I record: by myself; one track at a time; and have several projects going on at the same time. This item seems to be especially catered to my brand of music production. Quality: Top Quality! Value: 20 years ago, you would have had to spend $8,000.00 plus to get a set-up that STILL didn't produce something this clean. Manufacturer Support: I haven't dealt with the Zoom folks at all, yet - haven't needed to. zZounds have been great to do business with, though. The Wow Factor: Attractive, user-friendly, the Heart & Brains (& Soul) of my recording studio. Overall: There's no doubt I would replace it if something happened to it. I am VERY impressed with the Zoom MRS802CD, even after owning it for several months. Usually, I'm quickly discovering all the "limi- tations" in a recording product, but not with this unit. I'm also impressed with zZounds service, and am looking forward to dealing with them in the future.

"It's Everything I Wanted and More." submitted July 20, 2004

By a customer from optonline.com
Music Style: Rock/Blues
Sound: This unit has a great overall tone, though I did have some initial problems with clipping. Other than that, it has some mighty processing features, including guitar/amp/bass modeling that rivals my Boss GT-6. The 400 or so drum tracks sound good and the ability to cut and paste parts of more than one drum track into a song for a more 'live' feel. Feature: This unit has waaaay more features than I'll ever use. In fact, I just wanted the record section so all the rest is a bonus. But, from what I've seen so far, it has a vast array of useful stuff in it. Quality: The quality seems good so far. The unit is heavy, well-balanced and pretty ergonomic. Would I take it on the road? Maybe in a hard shell case, but otherwise, no. One oddity is that I bought the version that already has the CD installed. Well, the unit is grey, but the CD burner is 'Computer Beige'. Too bad they didn't have a grey burner. It makes the unit look cheaper than it has to. Value: As an older guitar player, I remember the pain of Tascam 8 track recorders, giant mixing boards and outboard effects. For thousands of dollars. This thing does all that plus much, much more and for a very reasonable price. It's a very good value. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed them so I have to give them a pass. The Wow Factor: I lusted... I wanted... I waited... I lusted some more... I got it for $699.00. Now I don't need female companionship anymore. Until tomorrow anyway. Overall: This thing will probably see me through for the next two or three years, I would say.

"This is the one!" submitted January 24, 2004

Music Style: christian
Sound: This is the second recording devise I have used and am extreamly happy with the sound quality. I have mine running through my computer (three piece) speaker system and it sounds awsome Feature: You don't run out and are really easy to use Quality: If I had to come up with a complaint to balance out all these tens it would have to be I think I'll wear out the stop button marking while being frustrated with my own instrament playing. Value: I've priced many recorders, and for what you get at this price, save yourselves countless trips to your music store. This is a GREAT buy. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed them, so I don't know haw the support is. The Wow Factor: It's very sharp looking. It's not big-and-bulky. I especially like the dimmer controll for the interface screen. Overall: I will be using this product till I wear it out. I see no reason to have to have anything else. The product-for-price ratio is totally in the buyer favor. Not only do you have hundreds (I mean HUNDREDS) of sound effects but you are given a bonus by the built in drum machine with, dare I say it, hundreds of different drum sounds fram all walks of music. Very nice to have if you own your own drums and can't play, like me.

"Probably the best piece of equipment I have. Worth every penny." submitted April 16, 2007

Overall
Sound: Compares to anything out there in the home studio setting. I've recorded in home studios with a full band onto 16 track and the fidelity I get here is amazingly full sounding. I like all the effects for guitars and vocals. Mastering is also very nice feature. I use a vocal processor and compressor as outboard equipment but everything else is played through the Zoom 8 track. Feature: Could use a remote switch. I like the guitar effects instead of using my amp. With a little creativity you can get great guitar sounds. I just use a noise gate and compressor when I use the distortion otherwise direct. Ease of Use: Manual is a little lengthy. I did read it before I used it. Is actually easier to operate than I thought. Quality: I've had it for 6 months and so far no problems. Value: I really like this product. It's easy to use and the final mixes are really good. Manufacturer Support: Not yet. The Wow Factor: A big upgrade from 8 track cassette. Very clean and quiet. Overall: Another year. Then hopefully 16 track.

"This machine is hot to death.... GREAT FOR VOCALS!!!!" submitted March 16, 2005

By a customer from optonline.net
Overall
Musical Background: recording artist, active singer
Music Style: Gospel, Smooth RnB & Hip-Hop
Sound: After figuring it out..... this sucker makes for great finished recordings. all things considered. I've mastered songs (using the compression insert for the master track) and am pretty darn close to matching the quality of market ready CD's. Feature: Great features... bouncing tracks, v-takes, multi-session CD recording, the effects (WHOA!), track editing..... I could go on and on. there's a TON of stuff I haven't used yet... but everything I've needed has been there so far. Quality: As many others have said... it's very solid, well-built and has a weight to it that makes it feel sturdy. Value: the price says it all.... don;t be scared to buy this one. the only thing you're lacking is more inputs.... but you can still get the job done is you midi up properly! Manufacturer Support: haven't had the need for support. The Wow Factor: Ooga!

"Fantastic. BUY IT NOW!" submitted September 8, 2007

Music Style: Many. Punk/Rock/Surf/Experimental/Acoustic
Sound: Fantastic Sound if you know how to work the machine Feature: all the nessecary stuff, amazing quality. I edit all the guitar effects manually with the effects editor, makes for some very cool effects. awesome! Ease of Use: I'm the more stupid type and found it took me a while to get to grips with what I wanted to do (changing drums, verses choruses etc all timed, solos...etc etc) but once you learn, you are there and its the BEST Quality: Amazingly made Value: BEST ONE FOR THIS PRICE, EASILY. Manufacturer Support: Neautral for me as I havent had to deal with them The Wow Factor: Haha its ok, its not amazingly attractive but looks good on the top of my table Overall: apart from the learning curve to get everything right, fantastic.

"Fun, addictive, and impressive. Stick with it, use it, learn it. Impress your friends." submitted February 22, 2005

By a customer from statefarm.com
Overall
Musical Background: Active playing musician for 30 + years.
Music Style: Classic rock, R&B, Contemporary Christian
Sound: I am pleased with the sound overall. It can be a little biting sometimes so I am soon trying a tube mike preamp to warm it up some. Feature: It is very versatile. I play electric guitar, bass, electric and acoustic guitar so I use many of the effects algorythms. Very easy to burn completed CD's of my original songs. I think a remote switch should be standard equipment though. Quality: I doubt this product would be road worthy. I keep it in the studio. I have found the large block toggle wheel to feel cheap. It should be more sturdy since it gets a lot of use. Plus the painted on descriptions of switches tend to come off with use. But no major problems so far. Value: I feel the product is a good value. It has worked steadily for me. Its fun and very addictive. A great tool for the stand alone songwriter. I would not recommend it for recording a full band. Manufacturer Support: Probably the worst part of owning the product. The Wow Factor: Its great fun. Its very versatile and its difficult not to constantly change songs due to the versatility of the unit. It has made me better. Also, I have a very supportive wife. That helps. Overall: I can see keeping this unit as long as it holds up but I will probably upgrade at some point in the next year or so. If I had to start all over again, I would still consider this unit highly. I guess I need more tracks as an option.

"Zoom delivers as advertised." submitted January 29, 2004

By a customer from rbmn.com
Overall
Music Style: Striving from blues toward jazz.
Sound: I've owned this recorder for 3 weeks and have recorded and mastered about 90 minutes of music. So far, I've recorded my guitar both by plugging directly into the 1/4" jack input and by microphone through the XLR input. I've recorded two tracks simultaneously,(two guitars, one guitar and one voice and various combinations) added up to 3 additional tracks, layered effects, and mastered recordings down to two stereo tracks, again using built in effects. Initial input and recording levels are critical to the fidelity of the finished product. I'm still learning, but when intial input and recording levels are right, and extraneous noise is minimized, the end result is high quality. On the other hand, this unit has limited capacity to solve problems between initial recording and mastering. Its basic operation is simple and intuitive. The instruction manual isn't perfect, but it's not bad. On balance, with this product, you get what you paid for. I just don't know if you could use it to produce commercial grade cd's. Maybe, with expertience. Manufacturer Support: Don't know yet.

"VERY good value for your money, this is probably all you will ever need as a SOLO artist" submitted January 18, 2004

Overall
Sound: very clear, the best part about the sound is the fact that you can opt for super clear (not many effects) and are able to produce a very rich, textured recording with lots of things in the background or you can muddy it up and have it still sound clear, if that makes any sense. Feature: tons of features, who really needs more than this, the only problem I have as far as features go is that the drum machine is difficult in reference to making your own beat. I was hoping to make my own beat with my fingers by playing the status keys but instead when you go to record, one of zooms beats comes out (not that they aren't kick-ass). Maybe you can do this and I just haven't figured it out yet. Also I kinda wish it had knobs for panning left and right instead of doing it digitally through the lcd monitor. Quality: i have only owned it for a week but the quality seems to be quite solid. I did have one instance where I could not hear my recording for about 45 seconds even though I was doing everything the way I had been doing it, then it just started coming through the headphones, again, this may be something I was doing wrong but I don't think so. Value: I think 700 is fair for what you get, I mean basically you are able to make professional sounding recordings (and with lo-fi, and 4track indie albums breaking big-time, what is pro recording anyway? you either have it talent-wise or you don't, this definetly beats shelling out big bucks and big hassle getting studio time. Manufacturer Support: no dealings yet The Wow Factor: The question they ask me before I write in the "I want it" section is "how would you rate the sex appeal of this product?" - I've been known to get a little freaky but I have no physical attraction to this piece of recording equipment whatsoever (though if I get the urge it is only about a foot from my bed) (what a dumb question) Overall: so far i am very pleased with this product and fully expect it to realize my recording goals which are pretty ambitious musically.

"Great value, great sound, I'd buy one again." submitted April 5, 2005

Music Style: rock and contemporary
Sound: Sound is great, but get occassional popping noise from hard drive. Feature: Effects are fantastic and mike replication rocks, but you have to be a sound tech to understand the manual. Quality: Finish is great and very sturdy, it's a shmae they didn't have a silver cd player. Value: Shopped and this was the best value I found. Manufacturer Support: Tried to contact and never got an answer. The Wow Factor: Great machine, but sexy? Pamela Anderson is sexy. Overall: I just use for studio recording, should last a long time.

"Quality recordings in very little time. Easy to understand manual." submitted July 21, 2005

Music Style: Jazz
Feature: No Accessories. I was up and running in about 1/2 hour making quality recordings. Throw away about 95% of drum rhythms and replace with usable ones. (not one good 3/4 time rhythm)

"let the recording begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" submitted June 9, 2004

Overall
Music Style: blues and rock mainly.jimmy thackery and the drivers have a lot of influence.
Sound: sound decent.quality o.k.not what i expected. Feature: no accesories. efffects are decent.user manual a little vague.more xlr inputs would be nice.have not recorded guitar as of yet. Quality: well built solid frame.not any cosmetic blemishes that i can see.very reliable unit so far.have not transported it anyplace as of yet.can be a portable unit that would probobly stand up very well with proper care and maintenance will last a very long time. Value: yes price of this unit is very competitive with similar priced recorders. Manufacturer Support: have asked a few questions however i dont think it was understood completely.answers were a little vague to comprehend.problem was somewhat understood.no warranty claims yet.no upgrades have been attempted.no service has been needed. The Wow Factor: due to its lack of inputs sex would be very difficult at this point.i cant honestly say that i would exactly lust after this product.the unit is definitely worth the price but you get what you pay for. Overall: i would really lust after a 24 track recorder if my wife would let me spend the money but have been unable to convince her as of yet.i had previously considered a fostex or tascam but it was a birthday presentso who can argue a gift horse in the mouth.if it were lost or stolen i would definetly replace it with the same brand name.ther isnt anything not to like.

Zoom MRS802CD Multitrack Customer Review submitted November 28, 2005

Overall
Sound: The zoom rs802cd is clearly the best for anything. my guitar teacher uses it and he has so many effects and he ca play cds through it and he can record and it has got drum beats Feature: this producuct came with heaps of accsories

When you call, mention priority code 15FG-9D2H. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976