When you call, mention priority code 16KY-Q16S
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha STAGEPAS 400i PA

Whether you're playing music or giving a speech, this portable PA system lets you dial in the perfect sound with its user-friendly detachable mixer.

Overall

"It's bigger! ... It's Better! ... Ladies and gentlemen, it's too much for Roland and Peavey to handle!!!!!!!!!" submitted June 18, 2014

By a customer from gmail.com in Coeur D'Alene, ID
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing piano for 12 years, and keyboard for 9, and I'm classically trained.
Music Style: Classical, oldtime Rock N Roll, but Jazz is my favorite.
Sound: Well, where do I begin? First off, I bought this PA system because I needed a way to boost the volume of my keyboard when at the gig. I chose the Yamaha over Roland and Peavey because It came with two speakers instead of one, therefore giving the audience the true stario sound, and also making the system easier to transport. The overall sound is unbelievable, considering it only has a two-band EQ. The bass is overpowering! If you're using it as a practice amp in a small room, you might turn down the bass, or it'll about blow your head off! The midrange pulls through nicely, even with the bass EQ knob turned half-way up. The High-end doesn't hurrt your ears, but it isn't flat either. When the high EQ knob is turned up half-way, it integrates smoothly with the mid-range and bass. In the past, I've had to make do with one of those cheap speakers that boosted the bass so much that it drowned out the mid-range and high-end, so this PA has really improved my set-up. Feature: As far as feachers go, It has plenty for the gigging musician who wants something for a small band or for solo performance. The mixer is well layed out, with all the knobs on the left, and the conections and sockets on the right. Their are two XLR mike ports that can be used with or without fantom power, two XLR/Quarter-inch plugs, two sets of L left and right ports, a pair of RCA jacks, a mini stario plug, and a USB port for connecting IPods. Ease of Use: Its extremely easy to use! The mixer fits into the back of one of the speakers, and the cables can be stored in the back of the other one, so you just pack all of your cables in the back compartment of the one, load up the speakers, and away you go! The first time I used it, I took it to a formal, and was set up in about 10 to 15 minutes. We had a microphone, a portable player, an IPhone, and my Casio CDP200R digital piano running through it, and It held up very well, without any preamp distortion. At one time, I thought we were having preamp issues, but it was only the cable compartment door raddling because the bass was so loud. Quality: It's built very sturdily. The speaker grills are held in place by four screws, and the mixer has a cooling fan to prevent overheating. The speaker casing is made of heavy-duty molded plastic that doesn't scratch or dent easily. I imagine that I'll have it for at least 5 years or more. I mean, come on! It's Yamaha! Value: This PA system is definitely worth the price! Looking at Roland, They're asking $650 for only 180 watts of power, and one speaker! Give me a break!!! That's a rip-off! On the other hand, Yamaha offers a 400 watt system for only $700, and I believe that's a much better deal. You'll get true stario sound, and you won't break your back lugging it around. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to contact them. The Wow Factor: It maches my keyboard. It's sleak and black, and when I'm storing it at home, It fits nicely under the furniture-stand of my keyboard. It looks professional, and it sounds professional. Overall: Overall, I'd buy another Stagepas400I if it got lost, broken, or stolen. :)

When you call, mention priority code 16KY-Q16S. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976