When you call, mention priority code 1605-HKXC

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha RBX374 Bass Guitar

The durable finish, hum canceling pickups, and affordable price make this bass an inviting and incredibly playable choice for beginners.

"Exellent Bass!" submitted January 23, 2007

By a customer from aber.ac.uk
Musical Background: Member of amateur band
Music Style: Rock, old R&B, Beatles, Santana, anythign fun!
Sound: Lovely resonant bottom end, clear highs if you want them. Masses of sustain. Good control of tone. Powerful output Feature: It has everything I could need on a bass. Ease of Use: Easiest bass I have ever played. Great for learners, but not limiting for more experienced players. Quality: Feels really good quality. Frets very well finished off, neck beautiful. Finish on the body feels very durable. The hardware is just great. Value: Excellent value! Manufacturer Support: No need for support yet... The Wow Factor: Feels really cool and quite a few people have commented on how good it looks and asked to try it. Overall: I expect to keep it for a long while. Would certainly replace it with the same if it were lost.
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Beginner Bass - Keep On Thumping" submitted December 10, 2013

By Brandyn J
Musical Background: 5+ Years, Bass Guitar, Jam @ Home, Band Experience
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Jazz, Country, Southern Rock, Funk, Grunge, Metal, Heavy Metal, Hard Rock
Overall: I would like to state that I acquired this bass guitar a little over 5 years ago. It was, and still is, my first bass guitar. Ever since I have been a fan of the RBX line. Later on in my bass career I acquired the RBX375, but that's another story. The bass it a joy to play for beginners and a joy to play in general once your set the action to your liking. The active preamp is really nice for a bass in this price range (I have played as high up as a MM StingRay) with there being a nice compressed mellow tone with a little toying around. Dial the treble all the way back and roll the pup pot all the way forward and you have a bit of on-board compression pre-amplifier preamp. The frets could be a bit smoother, but for the price range you could probably fix that yourself. It has a nice low-end (fingerstyle) and a fairly modern progressive tone (slap/pop). Overall it's a great bass for the price range. Yamaha should get a little more credit then they do.P.S. I've had many compliments on the overall tone from pro bassists.

"LOVE IT" submitted August 17, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician (weekend gigger)
Music Style: Classic rock
Sound: The sound on this bass has a wide range with the two humbucker pickups. It can switch from a Jazz bass sound to the low growl of a P-bass. I use an even mix of both alot because it is just a great sound. Feature: The set up is quite easy, each pick up has it's on mix and one volume keeps it simple. Ease of Use: Like I said above...easy to use controls Quality: You can just feel that the quality is not as good as the more expensive models...but hey,I have no complaints. Value: I have owned many basses and my main one is an $1100 American Fender Jazz. I wanted a new one as a practice and back up bass. I played alot and when I picked this one up ...WOW. I loved it and the price...can't beat it. It shares equal time gigging with the Jazz bass. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use them The Wow Factor: I have had alot of looks at the bass because it is just COOL! I have the Red one and absolutely love it and highly recommend you go play one and it will sell it's self. Overall: As much as I want to give it a 10 I can't for the mere fact it is not as good as the $1000 and up models but it's worth well over what they are selling for..around $350

"A nice bass, with some problems... but they are easily fixable." submitted March 21, 2005

By a customer from dccnet.com
Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: Progressive Metal
Sound: I had one of these for a while and also had the opportunity to A/B test this bass versus a few other good contenders: Fender Standard P Bass, Squier Standard P bass, Ibanez GSR200, Ibanez SR500 and ESP B50. My verdict is clear, I like the sound of it better than any of the above mentioned basses, and this is good news considering it is not the most expensive of the ones I tested. Feature: The main reason why I liked the sound better I know is because this bass has active electronics, which I usually prefer to passive. But therein lies the problem with this bass. The battery goes flat after just a few days of playing. You replace it but it goes flat again after a week. Why is this? It's a wiring problem that happened on some basses from this particular model number. Value: So considering this it's a very good bass for the buck if you are willing to deal with the headache of finding a qualified repair shop. I was not, and I returned the bass for a refund, but I still think this was a very nice offer and had I been located in a different place where I wouldn't have to drive 2 hours to the nearest guitar dealer I would probably have kept it. Manufacturer Support: So I called Yamaha, who were indeed aware of the problem. The guy I talked to was very courteous and he said to take the bass to a local repair shop and that they would pay for the repair. The Wow Factor: I would also probably buy another one if it wasn't for the fact that this is a known problem with these basses, and I don't want to risk ordering another one that has the same problem. Overall: Therefore I'm going to look towards a Fender P-Bass Deluxe this time, but this is a more expensive bass and faced with the choice between the two provided working condition on both, I would choose the Yamaha. Also forgot to mention the knobs on mine were a little loose and they seemed cheap, but the rest of the bass is of much better quality except for the mentioned electronics issues.

Yamaha RBX374 Bass Guitar Customer Review submitted January 28, 2005

Overall
Sound: For slap use less treble on the bass and use the pick ups well Feature: Batterys suck The Wow Factor: sexy god given machine

"Excellent bass for the price" submitted December 7, 2005

Overall
Sound: good, clean and powerfull output Feature: can setup everything, normal controls for sound for this kind of bass Quality: was made in China i have no claim: well built, no imperfections, good quality of constuction, strong look Value: is good maney to spend with the, best i found for the price Manufacturer Support: dont know The Wow Factor: i have the silver one, "very good looking" everybody say it

When you call, mention priority code 1605-HKXC. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976