When you call, mention priority code 172S-N3LY

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha HS5 Monitor

The HS5 powered speakers' white woofers aren't just for looks: they deliver a flat, accurate response in the tradition of Yamaha's NS10M studio monitors.

Overall

"Great representation" submitted January 17, 2014

By T D
Overall
Musical Background: Songwriter, mix engineering
Music Style: rock, hip hop, jazz, pop and others
Sound: They say what's important about monitors is that you learn how they translate onto other systems. I can say that these translate very well onto other systems. What I'm saying is that what I hear, or don't hear, on these monitors is just about the same as in my cars or home stereo systems. I don't have to worry about any stray sound surprising me when I'm playing a track elsewhere. So the monitor "learning curve" I believe is not very steep with these. I have a pair of 8in Rokits that, while not a bad set of monitors, are my B set. Truth is I rarely turn them on because the bass representation of the HS5 is pretty darn accurate. I really don't need a bigger monitor for the area that I'm mixing in. A home recorder/mixer would do fine with a pair of these if the room is fairly small. I think I read somewhere that someone believed the high freqs are over-represented on these. I think that would be possible in an untreated room. I would advise to take that into consideration because if you think a frequency is over-represented, you'lll probably under-represent it in the mix Feature: Monitors are usuallly not a feature rich piece of equipment....couple switches in the back, level knob, 1/4in and XL ins. Ease of Use: I'll say that I mix twice with these- bounce the first mix, listen, then mix/tweak again. The second mix is usually right where I want it to be, and the adjustments are usually small because the first mix was as accurate as I heard it on the monitor. My second mix/tweaks are usually some things I want to change- not something I heard differently. Quality: They're heavy for their size. Seem to be well constructed too. Value: I'll never regret buying the HS50M. I'm really impressed with what I can do with them. That's taking into account my current mixing environment. My room is a bit treated and small (~12ftx10ft). Manufacturer Support: I haven't dealt with them. The Wow Factor: No wow factor. After years of being wowed, I despise the Wow Factor. The wow factor is a paved road to Craigslist most of the time. Overall: I thought I had reviewed these before, but it turns out that I reviewed the HS50M instead. They are very similar. I've had my HS50M for over a year now so maybe I can write a better review and perhaps the HS5 are just as good or better.

When you call, mention priority code 172S-N3LY. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976