When you call, mention priority code 1569-10RH

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha HS10W Active Sub

Hear all the bottom in today's bass-enhanced music with this subwoofer from Yamaha.

"Great product, great service." submitted July 11, 2011

Music Style: Rock and roll, country, pop, jazz, anything really
Sound: Great sounding subwoofer. Accurate, tight, clear. Paired with 2 Yamaha HS50M's. Would like a little lower response ability, but knew that going in. A great sub for those interested in great sound. It'll knock the bricks off the house. Feature: XLR hookups for high quality is great, crossovers give fine tuning ability, reverse phase, professional look. A nice addition to any system. Ease of Use: Took about 3 minutes to hook up. Controlled with M-AUDIO FastTrack Pro USB Interface. Don't forget a set of male-to-female XLR's! Quality: Yamaha continues it's legacy performance and doesn't disappoint with the HS10W. Paired with the powered HS50's, it's a perfect match (although I'm sure the HS80's and MSP's sound better, but out of my price range!) Great appearance with lit Yamaha logo indicating power on the front of the box. Woofer on bottom design makes it look clean. Feels solid and very well built. Value: Found it a little cheaper on another site but after an email to zZounds price matching guys, problem solved. Quick response (about an hour) and beat the competitors price easily. It's not a cheap subwoofer, but certainly not expensive. For the money, I would buy it again and again. Manufacturer Support: I say 5 because I haven't had a need for support! But for answering the question it's a coin flip... I just don't know. Buy great products and don't have to worry about it! The Wow Factor: I had been building my computer system for several months, and the sub was the last addition. It's a must have for any real music enthusiast or any person who appreciates the full spectrum of music that only a sub can provide. Although the HS50W's sound great by themselves, it's a night-and-day difference with the sub. A MUST HAVE. Overall: Very satisfied with my product and zZounds. zZounds has certainly earned my future business!
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"yamaha hs10" submitted August 21, 2012

By Ashanti S in Minneapolis, MN
Overall
Musical Background: keyz, and not a proffesionap
Music Style: Hip-hop, R@B...
Overall: Fantastic low end...its exactly what I needed for my set up, and couldn't be more pleased with it...thank you from me to you at zZounds.

"A Worthwhile Addition to Your Monitoring System" submitted October 24, 2011

By a customer from swbell.net
Musical Background: Active Worship Team Musician and Hobbyist
Music Style: Varied
Sound: This is the first sub that I have owned but have given it a 10 because of the huge improvement that it has made in my sound system. I have owned a pair of the HS80 monitors for a couple of years and got by with the low frequencies that the HS80's can produce, but have always wanted to add the sub. I just added it and there really is a great difference in the quality of the sound and the pleasure of listening. I use the monitors more for listening/playing along with tracks than I do for mixing, but I can honnestly attest to the value in hearing down to 30hz. The bass is very well defined, smooth and tight. My back-up tracks sound completely different because of the increased dynamics of whatever it is that I am playing. The bass is very articulated and it frees-up the HS80's to concencentrate on their frequency sweet spots instead of having to handle the low frequencies via the low-cut control. Feature: The sub's tune-able low cut is very useful and its output level control is easy to access and adjust. In my situation, the sub sounds fine without sitting on top of an isolation pad, although I do have the Auralex Mo-pads under the HS80's. Ease of Use: Easy to adjust the output and Low-cut. Easy to hook up. Having never owned a sub, I was not sure how to integrate it with the monitors, but in my basic stereo situation, I just ran my mixer's L-R output to the sub's L-R inputs and ran the XLR cables from the sub to each monitor. I bit the bullet and used Mogami Gold XLR cables. Quality: Looks and feels very well made, just like the HS80's. I don't plan on using it outside of my home but it looks like it would be rosd-worthy if you need to move it around. It was shipped in its original Yamaha packaging box but it made it across the country in the Fed-Ex truck just fine with its heavy styrofoam cradles. Value: This sub is definitely worth adding to your monitoring/listening system, even with the HS80's which have a decent low frequency response in themselves. It took me awhile to add it but I am very happy that I invested in it and have no buyer's remorse in the least. Zzound's return policy is very accommodating and I knew that there would be no issue with retuning the sub if it was not worth adding to my system. I have dealt with them for many years and have never had any problems. Manufacturer Support: Have not had a need to call Yamaha Customer support before. The Wow Factor: It was the missing component to my monitors and has breathed new life into my system. I want to listen to everything again to hear how it really sounds with the solid low end and well-defined bass. Overall: I don't expect to replace it anytime soon and am very glad that I invested in it.

"Rich clean bass with no distortion!!!!" submitted March 26, 2007

Musical Background: 8 years of producing
Music Style: anything i feel like
Sound: Rich bass i like the response especially if you pair this with hs50m or hs80m you'll have almost the full spectrum. Feature: very versetile. there is low cut, high cut, and room control switches for different applications and cross overs. One of the things i like is you could turn up or down the LEVEL on the subwoofer and it makes no change in the volume of satellites. Thats good for when you want to know what your mix would sound like on a system without the low frequency responses. Ease of Use: cant get any easier than this! plug it and it will rock your studio! Quality: Extremely high quality. As accurate as I've heard in my life! Value: its worth the price if you value music. The Wow Factor: without this sub its like hearing my mix just the mid and high. It kicks beautifully smooth. Overall: if you're serious about producing i recommend this product.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"a definite good buy but shop zzsounds for mackie feature set equivalents" submitted June 3, 2009

Musical Background: pro audio and player nashville tn for 35 years
Music Style: rock - pop - country - bluegrass - americana - and a looping fool
Sound: good basic sub that has some serious competition from velodyne and mackie. great deal at $350 for stereo pro connection level sub. Feature: good basic hookups and controls. missing a mono input (i know, i know you can hook up one side). also missing the control input of most high end yamaha prosumer subs. a PITA when using the sub in a 5.1 simple home theater system. i really like the size and appearance given the performance. Ease of Use: simple is as simple does Quality: well made for the price point. if you are gonna slam it and move it i would opt for the mackie. Value: it is worth the price and zzsounds is the place to buy it and anything similar. i have bought from zzsounds since their first day up. i know some of the early principles of the company and they are basically good guys. you can do easily much much worse. Manufacturer Support: with 5 being average yamaha is slightly above average since their gear is so well documented online. however it is a real PITA to get some info from their site since you have to "join" and deal with the associated spam point. The Wow Factor: yamaha has made some outstanding gear and some real dingers. at their best (high end home theater gear) they are a bargain. at their worst (any speaker outside of the old NS-10) they can be pretty sucky Overall: i usually keep gear like this until my other gear is upgraded or something comes out that is clearly superior. you will keep and enjoy this sub for many moons.

When you call, mention priority code 1569-10RH. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976