When you call, mention priority code 172G-KKYL

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha FC7 Volume Pedal

The Yamaha FC7 is a heavy-duty volume foot controller. Fortissimo function enables you to accent certain parts of your performance.

Overall

"Solid pedal with good response at a surprisingly low price." submitted January 8, 2012

Overall
Musical Background: over 10 years playing drums, bass, and keyboard. Playing in multiple active bands
Music Style: United States
Sound: "Sound" doesn't really apply to a control pedal, but the movement and response are very good...feels almost like playing a real hammond Feature: Would really like a polarity switch -- I had to cut and re-solder the wires myself to make it work with a Nord Electro 2. (Or you can purchase a $15 adapter) Then again, I think most keyboards should have a polarity switch. Otherwise, the angle adjustment and the sitting/standing position options are good ideas. Ease of Use: Pretty straightforward for normal use. Quality: I was surprised -- the photos made it look a little cheap and light, but right after picking it up I was impressed with how solid and stable it really is. The wiring could be a little stronger, but it's certainly not bad. So far it has survived my hack-job rewiring perfectly. Value: Very good value - I was suspicious of the low price, but it doesn't feel at all like a "budget" pedal. It's heavy, solid, and responds beautifully. And I don't think I saw any cheaper. Manufacturer Support: No need for it yet. The Wow Factor: Hmm...nothing sexy here, just a pedal. Overall: Polarity switch and sturdier wiring would make this a 10, but it's pretty damn good as is.

"Yamaha FC7 Volume/controller Foot Pedal" submitted June 14, 2012

By On Ka'a D in NYC, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist, composer, bandleader (Famous Original Djuke Music Players), also violin, voice, synth keys too!
Music Style: I am the creator, the innovator, the liberator and the KING of DJUKE music!
Overall: I have had the Yamaha DG Stomp box for years., and I still use it as the main multi-functional sound processor for my guitar rig. But I never had the paired foot controller. So I finally got one and YES, it does make a big difference of how the DG Stomp operates....I can swell in the selected effects, use the midi functions to create a 'wah' pedal and use it as a volume/blend pedal. The pedal itself is solidly made and exceptionally durable. The connecting cable is attached as part of the pedal, and is intended to be wrapped up onto a 'spool' under the pedal throw after use, which is kinda weird and bugs me out a bit because I am now anticipating for when the cable goes bad due to the stress of winding it up after every use. I wish it was designed to be unplugged cuz then if the cable goes bad I can replace it. Knowing me, I will probably open it up and install an insert jack plug after a while, just so that I won't ever be in a situation wanting to use the pedal and the cable has a short due to be twisted up too many times. One thing good to say, though, is that the length of the cable is generous and allows the pedal to be placed elsewhere with your set up, in case you like all of your pedals arranged together. I don't know how compatible other expression pedals for the DG Stomp would be, so I didn't risk trying another, mostly cuz the DG Stomp is such an awesome box. Too bad it didn't survive with an upgraded model....this box is no longer being made.

"Great expression pedal" submitted October 14, 2012

By Tom M in Manhasset, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Played cover band in 60's and 70's. Now just at home with a B-3 and Leslie, Motif, vintage Rhodes, and some guitars and amps.
Music Style: Classic rock, Organ Jazz, Standards
Sound: It controls the overall volume of the sound, but otherwise has no effect (nor would you want it to have any other effect on the sound). Feature: Very useful and performs its function well. Feel and travel are good. Ease of Use: Plug and play. Quality: Seems to be good quality. Value: Excellent value for the zZounds price I paid for it. If I can figure out the Motif manual, I may get a second pedal and assign other controls to it in the Motif. Manufacturer Support: Not needed so far. The Wow Factor: Gives more "wow" to the organ voices in the Motif. Overall: I have a Yamaha Motif so I expected this pedal to work well with it, and it does. It's got a lot of travel so it's helpful with the organ voices especially. That's the reason I bought it. It also works with other voices on the Motif, as an added bonus, so you don't have to manipulate the master volume control while you are playing. I believe that I could also set it to control other functions of the Motif, but I need to finish studying for a PhD in engineering so I can begin to decipher the "user friendly" (not so much) Motif manual.

"Very solid build...probably best keyboard pedal for price" submitted December 2, 2012

By piano k in palm springs, CA
Overall
Musical Background: classical piano, fusion jazz keys
Music Style: all
Overall: I play out alot and use it for effects and wah...it works as well as any real wah pedal. The only issue I have had with it is it being stolen and having to buy another (several times). works great with the motif and also korgs (have tested both)...effects feel more responsive on the yamaha motifs compared to the korg x1, triton, etc. (not sure about the newest korg models but yamaha pedal really works with all of them perfectly).

"Yamaha FC-7 is value for dollar" submitted June 1, 2014

By Ronald M in Sacramento, CA
Musical Background: Keyboardist for various bands for over 30+ years
Music Style: Classic Rock
Overall: I have two that attach to each other nicely- one is utilized for volume and overdrive for a Korg CX-3, has a spring back adjustable feature that allow you to depress up to 20 percent more and automatically returns to preset- other to used for Roland X-7. Heavy duty pedals- very well built- and although you can find many that sell for twice as much- these pedals offer the best value for your dollar.

"Need an expression pedal? This is it." submitted October 20, 2013

Overall
Overall: I'm glad Yamaha continues to manufacture the FC7. It's a solid, smooth, inexpensive, reliable expression pedal that works great with most digital keyboards. If the polarity is reversed for your particular instrument, you can get an adaptor here:http://music.ashbysolutions.com/misc.htmIt's a tried and true pedal that will do the job for you for years.

"Very pleased with it" submitted June 16, 2011

Musical Background: 30 years Active Musician
Music Style: Country R&R Light rock
Sound: It is a volumn foot pedal to control the volumn on my keyboard Feature: N/A Ease of Use: Very easy Quality: Very well Value: Yes Manufacturer Support: No The Wow Factor: Its a foot pedal Overall: Til I'm dead

"Works fine" submitted September 4, 2012

By David Chamberlain in Cuba, NY
Musical Background: Guitar 37 years
Overall: Seems to work fine.

When you call, mention priority code 172G-KKYL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976