When you call, mention priority code 140L-W9QS

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha CP33 Stage Piano

Designed specifically for working keyboardists, the Yamaha CP33 has all the features you want, plus a few more you never knew you needed.

"The new bench mark for pianos!" submitted October 15, 2006

Music Style: Gospel
Sound: Top of the line piano samples, very expressive multi layer samples that come to life as you play. Yamaha has always came out on top when it comes to piano samples, and again they have done it better. The CP-33 is a large step up from the P-series units in both sound and feel. This review considers only the piano sounds, the other sounds are very true and nice, but not needed. Feature: The features provided are exactly what I was looking for, a piano without all the recording junk that you pay too much for. It has all the basics normally included plus things like touch adjustments. All appear to work as they were intended, but I don't have much use for the panel lock feature. I rated this unit a 9 because of one problem -- no music rest included!! This was a bad judgement by yamaha considering they include it on almost every other piano they sell. You can get a rest (made for the cp33) by ordering it through yamaha. It connects in the holes located on the back panel (look at the pics on the net). Ease of Use: To keep this simple, every option included is easy to use, however, I have not used MIDI functions and would have no idea the rating on such. One thing to note, the action of the keys is heavy compared to other brands ( it feels like an actual grand piano ), so be prepared to learn a little. Quality: Metal case is very strong and all parts are well placed an appear to be good quality. Again, a step above the P-series in construction, the controls actually feel less plasticy than the P-140. This unit is made to be played at home or on the road with no problems. Only one complaint, yes yamaha, how hard would it be to build the power supply into the piano? This would be an improvement. Value: Paid 1299.95 and walked away happy with the piano I wanted. I do believe the price should be lower but I am happy with my decision. It is worth the extra money to go a step above the P-series, I reccomend trying both types side-by-side and you will see the difference. Manufacturer Support: When I emailed support to ask about sound demos, I was told to go to my dealer and listen. This was a very sorry response-thus the rating. I have owned multiple yamaha pianos and never had to use support so I'm not sure of a true rating. The Wow Factor: This rating is based on the fact I was looking for an upgrade Yamaha Digital Piano. If you are not interested in true piano sound, true feel and touch, then you may consider another unit. It is very professional looking and invites you to play. Overall: Again, it is what I was looking for. The P-series in no longer equiped with outputs for stage performance and recording, and to be honest the P-60 was better constructed than the new P-140. The cp-33 will open doors of performance because of it's state of the art piano sounds. No the other brands DO NOT sound as good as Yamaha.
108 of 110 people (98.18%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"CP33 a home run." submitted June 3, 2009

By a customer from juno.com
Musical Background: pro musician
Music Style: everything
Sound: The Grand piano is excellent, both organs are excellent, and the electric painos are super too. The harpsecord is very good and both the clav & the E Bass are excellent. The worst sound in the keyboard is the guitar which doesn't sound anything like a guitar (they try for a Nylon string sound) the strings are very good blended with the grand sounds great. I use it with a 200 watt carvin PA head and a pair of EV ZX190 speakers. Feature: The digital display is stupid showing the metronome numbers most of the time (120). The pitch bend wheel is nice. The room reverbs are limited and the effects overall are very slight changes. Best feature is just a great "real" piano feel keys. Very good dynamics for a electric keyboard. Ease of Use: So simple even a caveman could do it. Just push a button and your off. The manual is ok, there is no learning curve (it's easy). Some of the button stick sometimes, like the slit feature, or the double voice use. Quality: I have already played mine at over 100 road gigs in less than a year. One of the screws fell out of the bottom, but I just put it back in. Would recommend a good gig bag like I have with wheels, it may be 40 lbs that is about half what my old CP20 weighed. I had that one for over 20 years and it always sounded good. So I stuck with the Yamaha agian. Value: Not cheap at over $1000. but a very good value I think because it's very well built. Manufacturer Support: Who knows, have owned many Yamaha products over the years don't think I ever needed service on one of them. The power cord is the 1st thing that will break it's wimpy thin. The Wow Factor: Yamaha always seems to make you look good on stage. I'm a live preformer and when the big letters facing the audience say YAMAHA CP33 you always get respect right away. All the musicians know this is pro gear not cheap junk. Overall: We pro musicians are very tough and critical of our equipment. I demand alot from my gear and most of the time I get it from this keybaord. Take the hard comments with a grain of salt, we expect everything to be perfect
30 of 31 people (96.77%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Yamaha CP-33" submitted February 11, 2008

Overall
Music Style: I'm a musician, period. Music is everything.
Sound: Good sound quality, a big improvement over the P-90 (that i also own). The piano sounds greats and more mellow. The pianos are by far the best in this price category. I also like the organ 2 with the leslie at 15, wich becomes warm and full. If your looking for a professional stage piano with master controller capabilities this is it. I use the CP-33 and the P-90 live, as a professional musician, and they're reliable, simple and with good sound quality. Feature: No music rest included (why?...); Could have more outputs included (RCA; XLR; Whatever... Outputs are never enough when you're playing live) Ease of Use: This is as straight-forward as it can get. Select the sounds, and you're ready to play. Quality: Comparing to digital pianos in the same price category it's the best. The only choice i can think of is either the Yamaha S90 ES (Excellent pianos!) or the Motif XS.
58 of 61 people (95.08%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Richard Simmons plays the CP 33." submitted September 2, 2011

By a customer from reallifeharmony.com
Overall
Musical Background: professional stage and studio
Music Style: southern gospel, p&w, contemporary
Sound: Best samples for your buck. Feature: Needs a music rest. I hate wall warts. Thats why I rated it low. Ease of Use: Power it up. Its that easy. Quality: Its Yamaha CP. Enough said. Tough. Value: It fits well in the middle between the upper and lower end of Yamahas keyboard line. If you want piano get it. If you want a synth get the Motif. Simple huh. Manufacturer Support: Lots of internet answers. I've had Motifs fried and put back in action within 2 weeks. Yamaha has great customer service. The Wow Factor: It make a perfect Slam Grand. So its sexy. Overall: If it breaks I'd get another. I had an earlier CP for 15 years. Couldnt get parts so I bought this one.

"Yamaha CP33 88 Key Stage Piano - Excellent Instrument" submitted April 6, 2014

By Alastair S in Blaine, WA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing the piano on and off for nearly forty years
Music Style: Classical, with a little experimentation with Jazz and Pop. I like to improvise and riff as well as study scores
Overall: I bought this digital piano for practising at off hours, so the lack of external speakers is a positive for me as this reduces the weight and bulk of the instrument significantly. I am very happy with the keyboard action and the sound quality from this piano. It is an excellent piano for both beginners and advanced players. I mostly use the Piano 1 sound and its variation, but find the other samples to be of good quality and fun to play around with. I think most people who buy digital pianos with weighted keys are pianists first, so the important thing is to have good piano samples, which this product does. Everything else is, as they say, gravy!! I would like to see even a simple music stand included, as most serious pianists work off written music (whether scores or lead sheets) at least some of the time. The lack of a music stand is the only negative thing I have to say about this product, and this is more of an inconvenience than anything else.

"Super Keyboard!" submitted April 1, 2012

By Bill K in Gray, TN
Overall
Musical Background: I have been a musician for almost 50 years, beginning at 5-years old. I play guitar, bass, keyboards, and a few others.
Music Style: Mostly classic rock and country, although I love good jazz too.
Overall: This is an amazing keyboard! The six accoustic pianos sound so real, it is hard to tell that it isn't an impressive grand. There are four electric piano sounds, resembling a Fender Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Yamaha DX7 and another that I'm not sure of (It was called an "ice piano" on one keyboard). The jazz organ is certainly useful to me, although I doubt I will ever use the church organ in my line of work. (The church organ sound is impressive though.) The fact that you have control over the amount of onboard effects is wonderful. You just don't have to turn on the chorus, phaser, tremelo or rotary speaker, nor the 4 types of reverb. You can actually control how much of each you want in the mix. The hard/medium/soft touch control is a nice feature too. And you can transpose the key... turn off the transpose feature, an it will still be set when you turn it back on again. I am an amateur keyboard player (mainly a guitarist and bassist), so the added features of this keyboard are really useful to me. The foot pedal is taking some getting used to, but I can understand how it is greatly useful to a more experienced player, with it's half-damper control. All-in-all, I am glad I settled on this Yamaha CP33 keyboard. It is solidly-built, and appears to be constructed for the long haul. :)

"Yamaha CP 33 88-Key Stage Piano" submitted November 19, 2013

Overall
Overall: This is an amazing instrument both in quality and sound.

"CP33. It's a piano!" submitted February 19, 2012

By dan cote in Aransas Pass, TX
Music Style: all
Overall: For me, forget the 28 voices ... except for the pianos and guitar, it ain't all that.What it is, is a piano! Electric, portable, contemporary.The other stuff? Look, if you're gonna stage for much more than a simple Gospel or Barbershop quartet or a choral group then you're going to need voices ... lots and lots of voices ... and while it's true you can get good to excellent pianos on all Yamaha boards ... Get this piano first!If you can afford five-grand for the A-list boards then, go for it but if you can't, latch onto a CP-series.I "wish" I could've gone top-dollar. Heck, I "wish" I could've moved up the CP ladder but finances and a great deal from zZ brought me the 33.What a great core instrument for your sound wall!

"Secrets of the CP33" submitted September 15, 2009

By a customer from earthling.net
Music Style: classical
Sound: Given decent amplification, it's a real 9' Steinway sound with very powerful bass. If all U want is the sound of a 9' Steinway, U don't care about the expression, & U can't qualify for a $5,000,000,000 government loan, skip real pianos completely. Mind U, you're replaying previously recorded samples, not making your own sounds. No matter how hard U try, U can't make it play sounds other than what was recorded in manufacturing. Feature: It only has 2 pedal inputs. 1 is hard coded as a damper with half pedal. The other can be either a sostenuto or an una corda. The CP33 doesn't have true una corda sounds. It just reduces the volume & lowpass filters the sound. It's better than an upright but useless for recording. The 1/2 pedal damper is very good. It comes with a 1/2 pedal. There is no mechanical key noise or sympathetic resonance. Ease of Use: It resets the touch sensitivity & metronome (front panel) after power cycling, but retains pedal settings (function settings). Quality: Half the inside is empty space. The synthesizer is a small board from 2002 & the exact same board used in the clavinovas. The action uses real hammers made of metal rods hitting felt pads. The metal rods are varying length to achieve a graded weight. It does not modulate tone quality. Only loudness, as electric pianos have always done. It does not use modern 96Khz 24bit sampling. Value: Skip console pianos & cheap grands. The action & sound are way better. Compared to expensive uprights & midrage grands, this isn't as expressive but sounds much better. Obviously no contest with 9' grands. Manufacturer Support: Yamaha gave us a new piano when the strings on the old one started breaking too much. Overall: A 96Khz 24bit synthesizer with tone quality & sympathetic resonance is the next big thing.

"Total disappointment" submitted October 17, 2012

By alexander i
Musical Background: jam at home
Music Style: various
Overall: I've bought this item thanks to 5 star reviews all around the internet.unfortunately the buy turned out total disappointment.first, inconsistent action across the keyboard -the black keys in the center thump the case when released,giving the fingers unwanted and discomforting feedback.came out that's a problem with that model and some others from yamaha.second, the sound is so cheap and ugly.there's disturbing noise in the grand piano preset around about 500hz in the C3 octave + short ring sound on release of many keys.the jazz organ is so muddy i cant tolerate it.the harpsichord is friable and broken.there's cheap obvious short sample looping almost in every preset.so the max usage for this piece is learning piano for kids,not any scene or recording activity.

When you call, mention priority code 140L-W9QS. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976