When you call, mention priority code 154M-96RP

Rating and Reviews: Vestax Handy Trax

3 speeds. Volume fader. Line in/out. Cartridge is built into the tone arm.

"Indestructable!!!" submitted November 23, 2013

By Thomas W in Brooklyn, NY
Musical Background: DJ / Producer / Digger
Music Style: Anything good!
Overall: I've had this turntable for a few years now, and it has seen heavy use in the darkest, moldiest and dustiest basements that NYC has to offer. But tonight, it stood the ultimate test: I accidently dropped it down 24 concrete steps. As it bounced down the steps one by one, piece by piece, the battery cover, needle, 45 rpm adapter, and lid went flying off. I thought it was doomed and destined for the trash, thinking there was no way a plastic turntable could survive that fall!!! I took it back inside my home, put the needle back on and plugged it in. Put a record on and......SILENCE :-( Then I took the platter off and noticed the turntable belt had been knocked off from the 24 stair drop. I put the belt back on along with the platter, grabbed a record: WOW, it still works, sounding as good as the last record I played before the fall! :-) I've gotta say, this thing is built well, which isn't common in today's mass produced, disposable era. Even the needle survived the fall!!! I have to recommend this turntable 100%.

"Vestax Products are OVERRATED" submitted February 2, 2004

Music Style: Hip Hop, Electronic
Sound: No complaints about the sound. Feature: I have a MAJOR gripe about this portable - the "ON/OFF" switch is located on the outside of the case, and is almost impossible to guard against accidentally turning on. Because of the positioning of the tone arm when you have the unit packed up, whenever you switch the unit on, the turntable starts spinning! The only way I have found to combat this is to take out a battery whenever I'm done using it. Also, I would have liked to have a 1/4 inch headphone jack. I will be writing a letter to Vestax, for whatever that's worth. Quality: I take mine out once or twice a week, and though I try not to bang it around, it does get shaken up a bit. I do worry about the plastic case cracking - perhaps they could have made it sturdier but that would have added to the weight... Value: Seeing as how it's the only new, easily accessible portable on the market, we don't have much choice. But considering the size, weight, seemingly cheap plastic, and the major design flaw I have cited above, I think this thing is overpriced by about 30%. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had any issues; I'll give Vestax the benefit of a doubt. The Wow Factor: If you dig, you have to have a portable! But if you dig, you also need a portable that won't be accidently turned on so you have no battery power at the record show.

"Handytrax vs the world" submitted April 20, 2005

Musical Background: Techno DJ for 15 years
Music Style: Techno/Trance
Sound: Out of the two companies that offer this type of portable turntable, Vestax kicks ass when it comes to quality. ITS WORTH IT! Highly recomended to anyone looking for this type of unit. Quality: It's Vestax! Vestax=quality. As a Professional DJ, all I buy is Vestax. Value: You get what you pay for and this was worth every penny Manufacturer Support: Kinda tricky to get hold of someone at the company since they are a Japanesse company. The Wow Factor: It's hot but I wish it was in black Overall: You can't pay me to use numark. Not worth the risk. Stick with Vestax.

"Travelin Producer (or somebody diggin) Must Have" submitted December 14, 2003

By a customer from abcdefg.com
Music Style: Hip-Hop
Sound: Built in speakers work, just arent real good. I replaced them with some old tweeters i had. They work just fine. The headphone port is great, and plus you dont really use the speakers when your diggin. Feature: I was thinkin it could have more features, but then i thought about it, and it cant. Not without jacking up the price. It has everything you need in a small size, and semi-small price. Quality: I think the craftsmanship of the exterior is better then the sound quality, but this thing is still hott. Value: You could go get a pretty nice turntable for $149.99, but you cant carry it around with you without somebody jackin it, or somebody lookin at you strange. Its a real good price, im happy with it. Manufacturer Support: Ive been with Vestax before, there great. But you dont really need them. About the only thing that can happen to the HandyTrax is you breaking the needle, and you can replace that. The Wow Factor: These things look hott!! Everybody i see diggin had a GP3. Now they all got these. Even if everybodys got it, it still looks good. And its easy to take apart and give it a custom pauint job. So it all works out. Overall: I wouldnt change a thing.

"Overall, worth the investment if you need a portable turntable." submitted January 22, 2004

Overall
Sound: The ads I've seen claim that the built in speaker allows users to "get the party moving out on the road." Not true. In fact, you can barley hear the thing a few feet away with the volume cranked to the max. In view of the ad hype, I have rate the sound quality from the built in mono speaker very poor, especially for 78s (yes, I use the optional 3 mil 78 needle). The sound quality through standard headphones is another story. I'd rate that very good to excellent. Feature: The only accessory I ordered was the 3 mil 78 needle. This does a great job with most acoustic and early electric 78s produced between 1910-1930. Later 78s, from the 40s and eary 50s sound every bit as good. The fact that the speed can be adjusted is a great plus, since many early 78s were not actually recorded at that speed. Quality: The plastic tonearm is rather flimsy and bows slightly when inserted into the "holder" designed to lock it in place. This could be better designed, since the plastic may eventually stress. A tonearm clip may be a better option. Also, the hard plastic turntable might scratch records. Some sort of cushion should have been used. Along this line, if the product is ever redesigned, it may also be a plus to include a storage bin for the AC adapter inside the cabinet. Manufacturer Support: I've never dealt with the company, so I can't really say. The Wow Factor: More of a Decco design might be a plus.

When you call, mention priority code 154M-96RP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976