When you call, mention priority code 12D2-YWW5

Rating and Reviews: Takamine EG523C Jumbo

Solid Sitka Spruce top. Flame maple back and sides.

"Upgrade to Takamine" submitted September 15, 2004

By a customer from kih.net
Musical Background: Amateur live performer/soloist
Music Style: good amatuer all styles,
Sound: This guitar has the best overall sound blend I've found. Unplugged -It has good resonance up and down the frets yet maintains low frequency volume with clarity. Plugged in it sounds the best of all my other acoustic guitars when plugged. Martin, Gibson, Taylor Only the Martin is better straight acoustic (depending on the setting). Feature: Possibly the best. The best of my collection anyway. I can see why Keith Urban plays a similar model. Quality: I'll give it a 9+ everytime on quality without knowing how its made compared to the art and science in a Gibson J-200. I must add, mine has no buzz anywhere on the neck and I play both soft & hard. Believe me, if you are a litle undecided when trying it out, there is no substitute for asking the store tech. to adjust a guitar from the floor or change strings. Value: I know very little about Takamine to be able to say what this instrument will play like in 15 years. If it maintains with age, I'll be getting rid of some other guitars and create some closet space! I have already enjoyed it enough to give it a 10. Manufacturer Support: since I've had it for 7 months and no problems to ask for support I'll say 10.

"This is a great guitar for anyone who loves to play." submitted June 18, 2004

Music Style: all
Sound: This guitar sounds great, the jumbo body really gives it a full, rich sound. Feature: The built-in tuner is for sure a plus. It isn't the best tuner in the world but it gets the job done. Quality: Its made pretty well, but it seems like there are some things that could be done better. The neck looks like it could be better, it's not going to fall off or anything, but with close examination it appears to have some cracks at the seams. Value: It's price is probably a little bit high, but I think it's still worth it. The Wow Factor: The blonde Takamine Jumbo Cut-Away is a beautiful guitar! The flame Maple back and sides look sweet. Overall: as an avid musicion and I will probably have this one for a very long time. I don't see replacing it for a wile. I think this is a great guitar for anyone, I feel good about bringing it up on stage.

"A great guitar for little money." submitted April 30, 2007

Musical Background: Active Musician, Band Director
Music Style: Latin, Jazz, Country, Pop, Gospel
Sound: Nice, full, well balanced sound and very good projection. When I plug it to my PA, it sounds even better. Feature: It has one of the best preamps I've seen and the tuner is very accurate. I wish the guitar had an XLR output as well. Ease of Use: Very confortable to play despite being very big. The action was high but after I lower it, it is a pleasure to play. Quality: Definitely this is a beautiful guitar constructed very well. The finish is flawless and the maple wood looks cool. Structuraly, this is a very tight, solid guitar which will last for many years. Value: I have 7 other guitars which cost much more than this one and I can tell that the EG523 sounds as good or better than the others. Also when it comes to features, it has nothing to envy to the pricey ones. The Wow Factor: Of course this guitar has a lot of sex appeal... it is beautiful and has nice curves. Better yet, never says no to me. Overall: I'll use this guitar for a very long, long time for song writing and recording because it has everything I need from a good guitar.

"Great guitar for beginner to professional" submitted December 29, 2003

By a customer from cox-internet.com
Music Style: Christian Music
Sound: Has Full sound. Sounds great plugged in. Feature: Tuner is great. Quality: Holds tuning well. I don't have to tune much once I set it. Value: You will have to spend three times as much to get the same value. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed any yet. The Wow Factor: The wood is stunning for this price guitar.

"amazing" submitted July 17, 2007

Music Style: all
Sound: amazing. One of the takamines made . I love this guitar . it sounds so good you would think it cost over $1000 dollars Ease of Use: Very easy to use the neck is perfect for anyone Quality: this guitar has the looks of a taylor and could stand up to one Overall: one of the best guitars built for the price range . everyone needs one

"Don,t pass this one up." submitted December 21, 2008

Music Style: Country, Blues, 70-90 rock
Sound: The sound of this guitar is just amazing. I have bought a sold approx. 6 acoustic guitars in the past 3yrs, looking for that sound, and finally found it. Feature: The EQ, works good. I tested the tuner with my Intellitouch tuner and they were right together. A manual wood be nice to have explaining the features. Ease of Use: When it got here the action was pretty high. Took it to a local shop and had a pro setup done and put on Elixir 12's. This thing practically plays itself now. I have a hard time putting it down. The sound it has now is even more,,,WOW Quality: The flamed maple back and sides are just amazing to look at. The blonde wood is awesome. The shop that did the setup sells high end Martins, and the owner made several comments as to the beauty of this guitar, and the way it sounded plugged in. Value: I think for the price, you cannot find a better guitar. I believe it is priced appropriate. Manufacturer Support: Hope I don't have to rate this one. The Wow Factor: Seems to be a solid well made guitar. Overall: I plan on wearing this one out, and would buy another.

"Great sound - great value" submitted November 5, 2005

Overall
Sound: The jumbo body really projects the sound really well. What a great sound. Feature: I actually don't plug this guitar up very often, so no comments to that regard. I do really enjoy having the integrated tuner right there at my fingertips - thats one feature that most a/e guitars at this price do not have. Quality: This is a well-made guitar as far as I can tell. We'll see how it lasts over time. Value: No doubt a great value. I bought this guitar and hardshell jumbo case for $550 at a store here in Lexington. I have no regrets. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to contact the company, but I've heard they are easy to work with. The Wow Factor: This guitar is dead-sexy. Just look at it. Overall: I'm very pleased with this purchase and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys playing from time to time. If you are looking for something to play at gigs or something of that nature, then you would probably want to spend the extra buck and get something a little nicer. But, as far as playing for friends and family goes, this guitar is the best.

"My 523 and Me.The Tak o mine." submitted September 19, 2006

By a customer from telus.net
Overall
Musical Background: Active but not as much as when I was younger I still write and record
Music Style: Folk rock - Blues
Sound: I like the way the guitar feels and it looks great. Nice action and plays well. This is a quite guitar compared to others but sounds nice through my fender acoustsonic 30 amp. It could have a better place for the preamp/tuner. I have been searching in vain for a proper case due to the jumbo size this is difficult. I hope to have this as long as I'm around and hope it ages well.

Takamine EG523C Jumbo Customer Review submitted June 7, 2005

Overall
Sound: The sound is very full and brilliant. I find that on some frets, there are buzzing-which i am disapointed to find on such a beautiful guitar. Feature: Pretty standard for an electric acoustic guitar.Like that there's no pegs for me to deal with when restringing. Quality: The design is beautiful for the price. Even if it wasnt' for the price, the design is very eye appealing. For 600 dollars excluding tax, i would have thought that the finish and the follow though would be better. I would have rated this guitar higher in quality if Takamine have done a better sanding job with the wood. Value: THe price is very good for a good qualitied guitar. There are some very annoying finishes which were done poorly. Manufacturer Support: N/A-bought it at guitarcenter-they were helpful. But im sure if i bought it here, zzounds would charge you a non refundable 20 dollars for shiipping charge.

"great price, sexy ,sexy,sexy, wonderful sound." submitted February 3, 2004

Overall
Sound: the tone quality is wonderful it plays rich full deep tones with/without amp Feature: I found that it was frusterating that It did not come with a direction sheet to work the preamp but it is deffinetly worth it. The inlays on the fret board are beautiful, mother of pearl with a triangle of abelone inside it. It comes with an allen wrench and I just figured out what for. It is for the truss rod. Quality: Mine has no blemishes and it is rock solid. It is a durable guitar resists bumps, but dont go all Pete Townshend on it and expect it to work. (as in smashing it on the floor) Value: excelent value I would expect this guitar to be upward of 900 if I just saw it. Manufacturer Support: dunno about support because I havnt had any problems. The Wow Factor: This is the Marylan Monroe of all acoustics. Overall: I will ever get bored of this guitar If it broke I would get another one.

"Needs to mellow" submitted March 3, 2005

Overall
Sound: Tinny but getting better (after 3 months). As a result, sounds a bit harsh when amplified. Will probably need a while to mellow. Feature: Comprehensive responsive little control panel. Quality: Excellent construction and finish. Solid machine heads keep it in tune. Value: A lot of guitar for the money. Fairly confident the sound will improve with age. Manufacturer Support: N/a The Wow Factor: Looks great but thought the sound would be better for a reputable name like Takamine Overall: Will keep it for a long time but could be tempted to trade it in if I find a nicer alternative in the coming years

When you call, mention priority code 12D2-YWW5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976