When you call, mention priority code 158R-5BBS

Rating and Reviews: SWR WorkingPro 15 Amp

This SWR amp's piezo tweeter and 15" woofer blast out up to 200 watts of juicy tone at 4 ohms, for a sound that is sure to fill small-to-mid-sized venues.

"Very large and heavy combo" submitted February 14, 2012

By a customer from excite.com in New york, NY
Musical Background: guitarist 30 years
Music Style: blues rock jazz
Overall: Good thing this comes with casters as its just too big and heavy to really move around. Only had it a few weeks so the speaker hasnt broken in yet, but sounds very big and clear. Im running into the Golden Age compressor-54 and then straight into the amp's input. For practice the minus 10db switch is engaged, otherwise the amp is quite loud. Nice metal grill completely protects the speaker against damage other than rain water as the grill has holes you can stick your fingers through. Have only tried the amp so far with my fernandez p-bass from the 1970's. The price is fantastic for what you get, best combo on the market at this price. The 15 inch speaker is not bad and will sound better once it breaks in and flexes a bit. The tweeter can be switched off, I leave it on as the 15 inch speaker rumbles down pretty low. Dont really need the bass enhancer circuits but if i did i would set the intensity to 9:00 and the eq down low I believe so that the lowest frquencies around 100 hz are boosted rather than lower midrange boosts at 200 hz or so.

"LOVE AT FIRST SOUND" submitted August 18, 2006

By a customer from ev1.net
Musical Background: Weekend Musician
Music Style: country/rock/blues
Sound: I've played bass for 30yrs & this is the best sounding amp I've ever owned.I'm a part-time musician I play 3-10 gigs a month.I play classic rock,blues,oldies & country.I've used it in small-med.clubs & several outdoor gigs & had more than enough power for all these venues. I've gotten compliments on the change in my sound from all my band mates,especially the drummer and he's behind it.We just run stage amps & vocals only in the P.A.so he can really hear what I'm playing now. I've played with a couple of other drummers who said the same thing. I play 4,5(fretless)& 6 string bass & they all have their own sound with this amp.I was using a 2-10" combo but had to use an effects pedal & BBE sonic maximizier to get a sound that was OK,but all my basses sounded alike. This amp helped me find my sound.I have a Rickenbacker 4003 that now sounds awesome with the help of the "Bass Intensifier".I can still maintain that Ric sound but add some good bottom to the overall sound without being boomy.My fretless 5 string really sings with a small adjustment to the midrange contols. I can't say enough good things about this amp,it fits my needs perfectly. Feature: The Bass Intesifier is my favorite,but the kick back leg & Wedge EQ are very useful as well.I can really hear myself with amp kicked back. I also like the tuner out & mute button at gigs.The headphone jack is cool too since I've knocked a couple of things off the wall playing it in the house. Thanks for the casters & only 65lbs.I can put it in the back of my Jeep Cherokee without folding the back seat down. I haven't used the line out yet,but we are going to record live soon so I can't wait to try it. Ease of Use: READ THE MANUAL FIRST. SWR has their own lingo,so sit down with a cold beer & read the manual.You'll be able to find your sound easier when you understand what the controls do & how they effect each other. I think you should be able to find any sound you want with this amp within 15-20 mins of playing with it the first time. Quality: The amp looks really good & seems to be pretty well made.The controls are all tight & operate smoothly.The speaker moves a lot of air & the tweeter is really clean The only reason I gave it a lower rating is the cabinet is not plywood.I think it's pressed-wood or something.I wonder if the cabinet would survive a fall of the back of a pick up truck ? Hopefully I won't find out. I had a problem with one of the side handles rattling on certain frequencies at stage volume,but I added a small piece of foam rubber to fix that. Value: I think it's worth the money for all the features it has & compared to other SWR products & other amps in this price range. Manufacturer Support: HAVEN'T HAD TO USE IT The Wow Factor: I wanted a Working Man's Combo when they came out several years ago,but I'm glad I waited for the WorkingPro.I bought this one the day the day I played it at a local music store. I've gotten compliments on my sound & how cool the amp looks from musicians & the folks in the crowd as well. It is the "atomic bomb" in my bass arsenal. Overall: I have owned amp for 2 months but I can't see me buying another amp unless this one gets stolen & then I'm buying another SWR. I tried out a few other amp combos in the stores before I came across this amp & found it to be the best of the best of what I was looking for. I was wanting an Ashdown 15" combo,but it was not nearly as impressive as the SWR.I also checked out the GK Backline series of combos or heads & speaker cabinets.The combo was kind of weak,the head/cabinets sounded good but were more expensive than the SWR,plus more to carry around. Wish it had an extension speaker jack,I'd love to throw 2-10's on this baby. Overall I don't regret spending my hard earned money on this amp.
42 of 44 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best Bass Combo in this price range." submitted March 20, 2013

By Stanley C in Shelbyville, IN
Overall
Musical Background: 42 years. Bass, guitar, reed instruments.
Music Style: Classic rock mostly.
Overall: I've been playing professionally for 42 years and I don't miss the days when I had to own a van just to transport my equipment, so I've used combos for several years. I've had GK, Hartke, Fender, Line 6 and Mesa Boogie, but this SWR combo is my favorite. It has plenty of low end without being boomy, yet offers plenty of sound variations with the bass intensifier, etc. Not only is it on casters (which my back appreciates), but there's a pop-out leg on the bottom which helps immensely as some clubs have concrete floors or extremely poor acoustics, but SWR seemed to think of everything to compensate for the variety of rooms. Yes, it looks great, but that's just a bonus. I'm also impressed that it comes with a 5-year warranty, rather than a 1 year warranty as some competitors and most of my problems with combos always seem to appear just as the 1 year warranty has expired. I also love the fact that this combo has handles on the side as well as one on the top. AND it's QUIET to operate. I'm sold on zZounds and SWR!

When you call, mention priority code 158R-5BBS. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976