When you call, mention priority code 15Z9-Q9N9

Rating and Reviews: Studio Projects B1 Mic

The Studio Projects B1 provides a natural transparent high end and thick-bodied low end, making it well-suited for a wide variety of recording applications.

Overall

"Awesome mic! Where a ski mask when you order, because $99 for this mic is like stealing from Studio Projects!" submitted July 22, 2009

Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Hip Hop, Rap, R&B, Ballad
Sound: I have never really payed too much attention to studio project products. After doing some research and asking around I decided to test one out. I mainly record vocals (hip hop/R&B/Ballad). For the price I was impressed. It doesn't have the muddiness in the vocals. At the same time it wasn't to bright. I would say the sound of this mic with a little bit of tweaking on your DAW brings your vocals to near pro studio quality. It also comes with options to cut down on your freq. For $99 you can't lose out. I really picky when it comes to mics. I highly recommend this mic in its price range. I rated this mic an 8 because there are better mics out there, but you might have to dig through your pockets a little deeper for the higher end mics. In comparison to an AT2020 and this mic, I would chose this mic again. Feature: Features as I explained earlier, it comes with extra options you can read in the description. It also comes with a decent shock mount and a nice wooden box. Just looking at the box it came in made the mic worth buying. Ease of Use: If you can plug something in, then you're good to go in this station. Quality: The mic is pretty sturdy. There are sturdier mics out there, but this comes close to those mics. I'm confident that if I accidently dropped this mic, I could pick it up and start recording again expecting the same quality. Value: For $99 you need to where a ski mask, 'cause you would be stealing from SP. If I hadn't known the price of this mic, just by using the mic, I would have thought the price to be in the 199-299 range. Manufacturer Support: Didn't have to use it yet. I've had the mic for a month now. I gave it a 10 because if I don't have to recieve support from SP, then they've deffinately done their part. The Wow Factor: I would buy another one of these right now if I didn't have about 10 mics at home. Overall: Overall, all I have to say is "get it!" Pros: The output of the mic is not muddy, it is clear, crisp on the high end but not too crisp. It comes with nice wooden box and shock mount. Optional presets on the mic that I found pretty useful. Nice slick design and very sturdy as well. Cons: I don't have any cons yet. If there was one maybe a better shock mount. throw in a xlr cable. i always hated ordering the xlr cable seperately for my mics. i really can't find and cons for this mic at the price it is selling for.
33 of 34 people (97.06%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Studio Projects B1 Mic Customer Review submitted May 20, 2006

Music Style: Hip Hop/R&B
Sound: this mic has awsome quality. i mostly record hiphop and r&b and this mic sounds great on male and female voices. great on highs and lows.the recordings are very realistic. this is a mic every home studio must have.its a great workhorse... Ease of Use: very simple. Value: hell yeah. this mic is worth every penny. i actually think its too cheap for the quality. The Wow Factor: i dont regret buying it 1 bit

"GREAT MIC GREAT BUY" submitted January 30, 2006

Musical Background: HOBBYIST, HOME STUDIO
Music Style: ROCK, BLUES, ALTERNATIVE
Sound: I GAVE IT A 9. A 99.OO DOLLAR MIC CANT BE A 10 CAN IT? WELL CONSIDERING PRICE VERSE QUALITY SOUND AND CONSTUCION IT COMES CLOSE. I USE WITH BLUETUBE DP ON ACOUSTIC GUITAR , VOCALS AND GUITAR CABS. SOUNDS VERY GOOD. GREAT SOUND TOP TO BOTTOM, Feature: I JUST RECIEVED A NEW MODEL THAT HAS BASS ROLLOFF AND FILTER SWITCH NICE ADDITION. COMES WITH SHOCKMOUNT THAT LOOKS A LITTLE FLIMSY BUT SEEMS TO WORK. STUDIO WORKHORSE Quality: SEEMS SOLID AND WELL BUILT. I WOULD TAKE IT TO THE COFFEE SHOP BUT NOT THE CLUB. TIME WILL TELL ON QUALITY. Value: SHORT OF PERSONAL PREFERANCE YOU WONT FIND ABETTER 100.00 MIC Manufacturer Support: I CALLED THE DAY I RECIEVED MINE IN THE MAIL TO ASK ABOUT THE NEW FEATURES. THE FIRST PERSON I TALKED TO HAD THE ANSWER. RARE THESE DAYS. The Wow Factor: I WANTED A AFFORDABLE QUALITY MIC. I GOT IT Overall: I THINK ANY STUDIO WOULD USE IT IF THEY HAD IT AROUND. FOR THE HOME STUDIO GUY WHO IS STRESSING OVER A MIC PURCHASE. BUY IT, YOU WILL USE IT AND YOU WILL LIKE IT.
16 of 18 people (88.89%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Home Studio Nessesity Anyone who wishes to record vocals of any genre & doesn't want to take a second mortgage on the house to" submitted March 29, 2011

Musical Background: Instrumentalist, Dj, producer
Music Style: Hip hop, drum & bass, deep, minimal, trance
Sound: I plugged this into my FA-101 FireWire box was was immediately making high end studio recordings in my bedroom. Ease of Use: I was truly impressed with the sound quality plugging it in straight out of the box. Unmatched quality for a ridiculously low price. Good quality sound reproduction makes the job of mixing and mastering so much easier. Value: Incredible value for a high quality product. I would recommend this to any home studio owner no matter what genre of music. If you are looking for clean vocal reproduction without breaking the bank, this is the one. Manufacturer Support: I haven't run into any problems. The Wow Factor: Exactly what I was looking for at exactly the right price. Overall: I plan on using this for vocals until it ceases to function. With the way I take care of it I may never have to buy another mic again.

"I say buy two!!!" submitted December 17, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: hobbyist, recording engineer, singer
Music Style: alternative, hip hop
Sound: The sound from this is great. there is a -10 and a -20db pad and a low frequency cut off. Mold the sound how you want with this puppy and for under a 100! I have had several people ask for me to use this mic over the others I own. Lotsa bang for your buck. Feature: As stated in sound section, pad and cutoff! Nice! but the one thing i did notice. (could have been just mine) the mic cradle is junk. Was missing a screw when i recieved it. So the shock mount would keep loosening and luckily it didnt fall... Poor construction on the shockmount. Ease of Use: Its a mic, If you know how to set up and use mics then this is a no brainer. Quality: Yes, I can say I am very pleased with the quality of sound from this. Does't over color the sound (as long as your positioning right and using a good preamp) Value: If you are looking for an inexpensive mic that can prove useful in many situations, pick one up. Thinking of getting a second one for location recording, so I can have a good stereo mix! Manufacturer Support: Didnt need it! The Wow Factor: This mic is HOT!!! Overall: All I needed to do was repair the shockmount to have a great reliable mic for tons of uses. Acoustic guitar and vocals really shine!!!

"Great Studio Mic" submitted February 20, 2012

By Jeremiah F in Concord, NC
Overall
Musical Background: I've been doing studio work for four and a half years. I play bass, drums, guitar, keys, vocals, trumpet.
Music Style: Hip hop, dubstep, rock n roll, contemporary christian, folk, blues, country, and even metal on occasion.
Overall: I have been using this microphone for a little over a year and it hasn't let me down yet. The presence of the vocals are great, especially with the use of a pop filter and a 2-3 inch distance form the mic. I've recorded guitars, rappers, singers(male and female), and entire bands from this single microphone and every time I've been impressed with the tone that it can capture. The cut off frequency is awesome and works very well. I have not had a single problem with this mic, so I can't say that the support is any good. The mic feels sturdy enough to throw around and I wouldn't be too worried about whether or not it would work. It came in a beautiful wooden box which I managed to scratch up quite a bit. Overall, great tone, great price, super easy to use (just plug it in!) and if I had 100 bucks, I'd definitely buy it again, and again, and again.

"It's great; I'll be keeping it!" submitted February 22, 2005

By a customer from yelkcam.com
Musical Background: Hobbiest
Music Style: Folk Rock/Gospel
Sound: Excellent sound for the price. You probably wont find better. I've did lots of research before buying a condenser mic and this mic has recieved high praise from many reviews. MY EXPERIANCE: Crisp, clean and great for guitar and vocals. Why spend hundreds or thousands on a condenser mic? At least with this mic I don't think you need to unless you're in a high class studio. For my home recording, the B1 works is just what I needed. Feature: It comes with a foam screen and shock mount. Make sure you get a stand with wide legs...I've had mine fall twice (due to the stand, not the microphone). Quality: Well, it's fallen twice due to my decrepit mic stand (a separate purchase), but still works fine. It's very tightly built; I don't see how you could break it unless it fell on cement. However, with a condenser microphone make sure not to blow huge puffs of air into the capsule...I think that's said to be bad for any condenser mic. Value: Extremely excellent value to price ratio. Condenser mics are definitely the way to go. It has low noise and consonants flow well, especially with the foam screen...you can turn it up without the consonants hurting your ears. Previously I owned a dynamic microphone, the Shure SM57 (the famous "workhorse" or mics), I could tell a considerable difference in quality and noise level between the SM57 and the Studio Projects B1. The B1 noise level was almost non-existent in comparison. The Wow Factor: Condenser mics look cool...especially with the shock mount. It makes me feel professional... :) Overall: I'm very happy with it.
12 of 14 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Studio Projects B1 Mic Customer Review submitted June 25, 2005

Overall
Sound: Seems to work the best with female singers. But a good dang good mic for the price. Feature: Comes with zipper pouch, mic cradle, and foam covering. Quality: Excellent quality for the price. Value: For the price this mic is a must just to have around.

"Crazy good, worth two or three times as much as it lists for." submitted June 27, 2010

Overall
Sound: This is a ridiculously good mic for the price. I've been using it for acoustic guitar and vocals and it has blown me away. Terrifically warm on close-mike vocals, nice penetration on acoustic solos, lovely ambience on strumming. Am using it straight into an M-Audio USB pre-amp -- just make sure to watch your levels. Basically this just worked out of the box -- good off axis rejection -- can use it for tracking vocals in the control room without phones. I'm giving it 9 because I've never personally tracked with super-expensive mics, but I've been in studios where they've used them on my vocals and this sounds better to my ears. Feature: Has bass cut and pad. Mine came in a polished wooden box with a proper shock mount. Add an XLR cable and you're in business. Ease of Use: Super easy to use. Everything was obvious. I was recording within two minutes of opening the box. Quality: Lots of attention to detail. No cosmetic or build issues. Everything was tight. Value: AYFKM? With this and an SM57/8 you have (drums excepted) 9/10 of the recording duties of you average home studio sorted. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it. The Wow Factor: You want it. No shame in tracking with this. Overall: Look -- it's a cheap mic and you are going to be looking at more expensive ones wondering if they're better. But you're going to be in the 000s before you really get an audibly better mic. I'm already thinking about buying another. Normally I'm a stickler for buying the expensive stuff -- Fender, Gibson etc -- but this is one of those 'I can't believe what I just bought' purchases. It's the real deal. Go for it.

"Rockin' Mic" submitted February 24, 2006

Musical Background: Active Musician/Songwriter
Music Style: Indie
Sound: This mic has a very warm sound when used with Acoustic guitar. it is very good for piano as well. However, it is just ok for vocals, but good enough for my demos. Feature: I mean, there's no 10 db pad or anything. Ease of Use: you plug it in, turn phantom power on, and youre ready to go. Quality: This is very reliable, I'm not worried that it will break, I've dropped it before, it still works the same. Value: Very good value, a lot better than other 100 dollar condensers Manufacturer Support: havent dealt with them The Wow Factor: This mic rocks Overall: The valuw and sound are just amazing. I wish it was better for Vocals, however this mic makes up for that weakness in the Guitar category by a lot.

"Good voice records, finally" submitted May 23, 2009

Musical Background: Musician and teacher
Music Style: recording
Sound: I have some mics, old and new ones, but the samples than i heard convenced me in my search for a good voice microphone, is a upgrade from my samson co3 which is a good mic for overheads, but not for voice, highly recomended, and sorry for my bad english, thank you for read. Quality: Very tough, feels good.

"AMAZING MIC, AMAZING PRICE" submitted February 4, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: amateur musician, recording hack
Music Style: All sorts of stuff, all acoustic instuments
Sound: Crisp, quiet, bright, this mic is awesome! Really great for recording acoustic instruments, especially guitar. Mice on vocals too. Feature: Now has 2 pad options, and two low cut options. Nice features. Comes with nice shock mount. Quality: Seems very well made. New now, hopefully it will work for decades. Value: Amazing deal. This mic is amazing for the price. Get one. Manufacturer Support: I called PMI Audio, distributers of Studio Projects. They were really helpful. The Wow Factor: Nice looking mic. Overall: Hands down the best LDC mic for the price.

"Looking for a breathtaking mic for under 100$? Look no further." submitted December 29, 2005

Music Style: New Wave - Synthpop
Sound: Incredible sound for the money. I've made vocal tracks that my friedns thought made with far more expensive mics. I don't want to be offensive but here you've your bang for the buck. Coupled with a mic200 ultragain preamp from behringer. Less impressive but veeeeery good for the low price. Feature: Sound...warm and precise. Quality: I own it for 2 years and still in mint shape. I prefer to wait a little before being objective on this matter. Value: No comment. THe best price value available for your vocals. The Wow Factor: i wanted it and i bought it Overall: No other mic come close in this price range.

"AWESOME MIC!" submitted August 9, 2013

By Jay T
Music Style: Hip-Hop/Rap
Overall: This microphone is great for the price,i used it in my friend's studio and it's great,he uses a m-audio fast track mkii and this mic,and has awesome quality!!!

Studio Projects B1 Mic Customer Review submitted April 28, 2009

By a customer from apciviccenter.com
Overall
Musical Background: Professional drummer, Producer, Recording Engineer.
Music Style: Rock, Latin, Jazz, Blues, Country, Hip Hop
Sound: Clear.....Clean....Amazing... Feature: nice volume control.... great diaphram.... Ease of Use: real easy...plug....and record... awesome.. Quality: came in a very protective wooden box..... nice material... not cheap like other mics...<cough> MXL....<Cough> Manufacturer Support: great service...no problems....haven't even needed to call.. Overall: Greatest mic i own... the best bang for the buck.... $100 is too cheap for this product.... I recomend you get this product.... you will not be dissappointed..

When you call, mention priority code 15Z9-Q9N9. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976