When you call, mention priority code 16KP-0QT0
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Squier Strat Pack

Learn to play guitar with this Strat package. You get a Squier Stratocaster, amp, headphones, tuner, gig bag, cable, strap, picks and an instructional DVD.

Overall

"CRAZY FENDER PEOPLE PRACTICALLY GIVING AWAY SOME OF THEIR BEST STUFF!!" submitted March 31, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Musical Background: Hobbyist ... with determination
Music Style: I am aiming for the Santana/Steve Vai/Orianthi styles
Sound: I was greatly impressed with the sound of this guitar. I was careful to look at numerous reviews across the internet, before making my purchase. One common rave about this instrument was that the sound rivals some of the higher end electric guitars - I AGREE! You can pay alot more money if you want to - but why? The sound is great! Feature: Again - Fender compiled this package with everything you need to get started - even a dvd with lessons. Amazing deal! Ease of Use: The sound is really an individual thing - each player has their own distinct sound and methods of creativity. This guitar feels good, and I believe it could be very adaptive to any style. Quality: Again, I am amazed at the quality. The included dvd actually had a track that went into a Fender production plant - showing from start to finish - the making of their guitars. You would not believe what perfectionists these workers are! The finish is flawless, the fit is comfortable - there are absolutely no loose parts or blemishes. I am not worried about anything breaking on this guitar, especially after watching how they are made. I have great confidence in the quality. I have no complaints and believe I will be playing it for the rest of my life. Value: Definitely worth what I paid - or a lot more! Manufacturer Support: Have not needed any. The Wow Factor: A beautiful instrument of superiour craftsmanship. Mine is black (high gloss - can't get any sexier than that - lol) with a white pickguard - I will be changing the pickguard out to make mine more distinct and personal. The Fender name behind it cinches the deal. Overall: I expect to own this guitar - and be totally satisfied with it - for the rest of my life. If I ever advance in my playing ability, I may seek out a higher end Fender model... or my dream PRS (My inspiration -Carlos Santana's pick). I chose this guitar over others because of it's reputation, Fender quality, and because of all the great accessories that came with it in the package. Since I am just a beginner, I think this product will fulfill my goals and hopefully advance me in my playing. If it were stolen - I would turn around and buy the same package - same color!! I love everything about this guitar - I have totally no complaints.

"Good value for a Budget/Entry level axe." submitted October 24, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: Professinal Musician. Wind/Strings doubler
Music Style: Jazz/Blues/Rock/Funk/Folk
Sound: The sound is better than one would expect from a $150.00 guitar. The pickups will need to be upgraded if you wish to gig with this, but perfectly adequate for home/practice or rank beginner use. Feature: I haven't had any issues with the cord jack coming loose, and the Buzz some report can be lessened by getting a higher grade cord and moving yourself away from the amp.....silly. Single coil pickups are somewhat noisy by their very design...period. The tone controls are there for show only. They do virtually nothing. Ease of Use: Nice fretboard/neck action, and the guitar was setup with a relatively low action straight from the factory. Quality: Fit and finish is far beyond what one would have expected from an entry level guitar just a few years ago. The cosmetics of the guitar is near flawless. Cheapish plastic parts, and the pickups aren't a dream come true, but again, you get a bit more than what you are paying for in most areas with the current crop of Affinities. Value: Excellent Manufacturer Support: None needed on the product, but Fender is usually very good in this area. The Wow Factor: Nice fit and finish for any massed produced guitar, let alone a budget model. Squire is not likely to ever be considered "Sexy" or coveted among the Fender crowd, let alone the guitar fraternity, but it does what it does and was intended to do, well. Overall: Purchased on a whim to supplement my growing guitar collection with a backup/practice guitar. Pocket change was paid for a more than acceptable practice axe. I will eventually add some new tuners, pickups, strings, tone pots and a few other items to suit.

"Perfect For A Beginner Like Me" submitted January 30, 2012

By John B in Port Neches, TX
Musical Background: 1 month
Music Style: 70s and 80s rock
Overall: If you are just beginning to learn the guitar, this package is perfect. Everything is just how you ordered it. The tone knobs on the guitar do not work as well as a more expensive guitar and the pickups are good for a beginner. However, you can always upgrade the guitar when you become more experienced. It sounds great for this beginner.

"Perfect for beginners!" submitted July 20, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: im in a band and i love playing guitar
Music Style: Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Some Classic Rock
Sound: The sound is great for beginners like me. i have owned it for about 9 months and the neck feels great. im rating the sound an 8 because it is good enough for beginners. i am passing my squire down to my brother because he wants to start taking lessons. Feature: this guitar is great looking (like all strats). it came with a tuner that was good enough for me. just blinking lights to tell you were sharp, flat, or in tune. it also tunes bass strings even though i dont play bass. the 15-watt amp was good for a while, but you dont have any pedals to switch to a distortion and inorder to crank up the distortion, you have to crank up the gain. the distortion quality isnt that great. the clean tone is pretty good though. the gig bag is also nice. my cable broke...so i bought a new one. Ease of Use: the guitar is awesome, but i cant really tell if it gives great sounds because i have only used it on MY amp. the guitar is very easy to handle, however. Quality: again, the guitar is great, it is a reliable guitar, but the equiptment isnt very good Value: great price Manufacturer Support: never needed it. its just that my cord broke so i bought a new one. The Wow Factor: for a beginner, it is a great guitar package. some people might want a cool metal guitar look, if so, they could buy an epiphone special sg which costs about 20-30 more dollars than this guitar when by its self. i think that strats look awesome! Overall: i am getting a new guitar soon, around the end of summer and i am thinking of getting a faded gibson special sg or a strat, i could do with it until then.

"affinity stratocaster" submitted July 8, 2012

By d h in houston, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 30 year, music hobbiest.
Music Style: everything
Overall: if you put 'good' pickups in and use a 'good' tube amp like a fender deluxe reverb the affinity guitar is 'as good' as any fneder for any price. unless you're a collector and you're buying a guitar as a future invesment, this should be a fine instrument with excellent playability and tone that will last a lifetime. the fit and finish on these guitars is actually a lot better than on the typical 1970's era cbs fender strats.

Squier Strat Pack Customer Review submitted April 8, 2008

Overall
Sound: Once you get the guitar tuned, you can play everything.Once you learn, its sounds perfect!I love this guitar! Feature: When i got mine, everyone loved it.Everything on it is the best.The neck fits the whole guitar and gives it a smooth look.The neck is one full piece and isnt glued together like other guitars. Ease of Use: I play really good on this guitar. The strings are just right and perfectly spaced. Value: It is at a perfect price for beginners and those who love this guitar. Overall: I will probably love this guitar forever.

"If you've not got one, get one." submitted April 22, 2008

By a customer from yahoo.co.uk
Overall
Musical Background: Have played to public a good few times mostly solo but in the odd band put together for a specific event. Mostly I play with mys
Music Style: Gratefulzepsmallfacesurbanfloydsandyfairport
Sound: Since age 18 years (Now 53) This aging hippie/freak has always wanted a Fender Strat. Never able to afford one until now. Not that I've become rich but Fender have given the public the opportunity to enjoy this luxury at an affordable price. From the moment it was round my neck it felt right. From the moment the plectrum touched the first string for the first time it sounded right. I'm by no means a brilliant axe man given the amount of years spent going up and down various necks and frets I have owned but I can honestly say my playing immediately sounded better, I had the urge to keep picking her up and playing, in fact it could be described as sexy even a real tactile experience ! Certainly the best action of any box I have played and what a well wicked blue mine is. Thank you Fender for allowing my 35 year dream to materialise. I'm in love !!! Take care Urban Hermit Quality: I did need to file the edge off two frets as top E would get caught. It may need a replacement tone switch as mine is a bit noisy when turned, crackly, but small problems compared to the otherwise excellence of the product. Value: Most certainly Manufacturer Support: See above The Wow Factor: About a week before I bought mine I was in a music store and wandered into a part where a guy about 18 years was with his parents choosing a guitar as he had recently begun lessons. There he stood wearing a gorgeous blue Fender Strat Affinity. As I walked past I said ' Thats your guitar, sounds good, looks good, just buy it, made for you. He did and as I left the shop I couldn't help thinking how much I wanted the axe in that colour. NOW I HAVE ONE YEAH !!! Overall: I will never let this go from my life. Not saying I wont upgrade to a more expensive Strat if I find additional benefits but thy would have to be good. Would like a go on and own a Tele too so maybe buy others to add to my collection but not to replace. If lost I would def. replace with another totally the same, even down to colour. What I like most about it is it itself. What I least like...don't want to see the first scratch or maybe I do so its over and done with. The only thing I wish I new before purchase would be the ability to play better and do her justice. This summer she will be working with me in Windsor as I busk..so looking forward to it. Good to have good kit on my first world tour of Windsor UK. The Queen has a castle there so reckon me and strat will be playing by Royal Apointment !!!!!

"Great for beginners or an addition." submitted January 27, 2011

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Rock, Alt, Punk, Metal and Classical Spanish
Sound: Well the day after I bought this guitar I went to the local shop and bought some NanoWeb Elixir .009 Gauge strings for it and a new cable and didn't have hardly any trouble with sound on it at all. but the pickups aren't the best but this isn't a 2000 dollar guitar either. Feature: A lot of the stuff was cool that came with it. I bought it mainly because I wanted to keep my original 60s strat sitting in a case and not being beat up anymore than it has been because of sentimental purposes. but if a beginner was buying this or someone wanting to get into guitar playing this kit is a really good choice without breaking the bank. Ease of Use: It came stringed and its basically plug into wall then plug in cable from guitar to amp so it's simple enough a female could do it. (joke) Quality: Would of been a 9 but I had the loose cable connector. Other than that it was very well done for the price. The pick guard isn't as crappy as I thought it was going to be and the wood it was made with was actually decent. Oh and another thing I should mention is the nuts on the head loosen up sometimes but that isn't anything major and it happens. Value: I would say it is worth what they are asking for it because it works does what it is suppose to and does it well without much hassle for a beginner. Manufacturer Support: I'm giving it a 10 because I've never had to call them and that is the best kind of support ever. The Wow Factor: It's just a guitar... Sex appeal lol.... Overall: This is for beginners or people who need something to warm up on or something to travel with so you aren't lugging around your 5000 dollar guitar.

"great guitar, ok everything else." submitted June 4, 2008

By a customer from rpi.edu
Music Style: blues, rock
Sound: The guitar sounds good, particularly if you get a good amp. The neck pickup has a classic Hendrix feel to it. The bridge pickup sounds a bit annoying, but I have no use for it anyway. The neck is nice and if you spend some time setting it up, the action can be set low with little buzz. Don't think of using trem, it will just through the guitar out of tune (it is pretty much the same store for any guitar under 500) The amp however is useless. I mean it is ok to start with but altogether, you'll want to move on to something better very soon. My suggestion get a create 15 watt with 12 inch speaker (about 100 dollars), great clean sound. It also works well with boss ds-2 pedal. Feature: the tuner is very basic and so is amp Ease of Use: the guitar needs set up out of the box. Also fix the bridge, tighten the screws, this way the guitar will stay in tune. Quality: The guitar is well made, though it needs setup. The cable that came with it broke after a week. Value: It is not bad, but you you can do much better, buying the guitar and amp separately. See bellow. Manufacturer Support: didn't try The Wow Factor: It looks nice, no problems there. Overall: well, to be honest, the only thing that will survive in the long term from the kit is the guitar. The tuner is very basic, the amp is useless. Even the gig bag is cheap (no padding, no shoulder strap). But the guitar almost makes it worth it. But here is my point, get the guitar by itself about 100 bux, create 12 inch speaker amp another 100, krog 15 dollar tuner, and fender gig bag (another 20). I guess I am forgetting a cable (well another 10 bux). For 250 you can have great guitar and proper accessories that will live on for years.

"Fine beginners guitar. Fine on the outside. Not so fine on the inside" submitted October 18, 2010

Musical Background: Hobbyist, Musician
Music Style: Rock, Punk
Sound: The Sound of this guitar is fine accept for some buzzes Feature: it comes with an fine amp. ofcourse this is just a beginners amp. If you decide to start playing more often i would recommend to change the amp (a roland cube is a great choice) Ease of Use: It's very easy to use ofcourse, this is as easy as it gets Quality: I've had this guitar for one year now and the volume and tone knobs make a strange sound. It also sometimes makes weird buzzes. That says something about the quality of this guitar. it isnt normal to have problems like this after only one year of playing. Value: This guitar + amp didnt cost me very much, but the quality isnt very good either. Though I would recommend it to beginner guitarist Manufacturer Support: I am thinking about changing some electronics but haven't so far The Wow Factor: It looks great, the quality is Ok Overall: I think it's a safe buy, but you might want to think about changing some electronics

"One of the best guitar packages around!" submitted April 16, 2009

Overall
Sound: The guitar sounds great, especially with the amp. The sound is suprising loud for something that small. Feature: This guitar features 3 Single-Coil Pickups and 2 tone controls and a volume control. The only thing that is a bit of a let down is that the tone controls aren't as functional as I expected it to be. This package also came with a gig bag, headphones, 3 picks, a tuner, and an instructional DVD. All of these were very useful and the DVD is great for beginners. Ease of Use: The guitar and amp were very easy to operate. I had no problems with the DVD or the tuner as well. Quality: Quality is great. The guitar looks perfectly finished and everything looks nice. The materials are cheap but very durable. Excellent quality especially for a beginner guitar. Value: Outstanding value for a guitar package, best I've seem so far. Manufacturer Support: Had no problems with the company. Both helpful and friendly. The Wow Factor: The guitar looks awesome both in color and texture. It had a very nice finish and everything looks perfect. The appearance was simply amazing and it was very satisfying. Overall: Overall, I think this is a great package. It includes everything a beginner needs to start on guitar. Everything from the guitar to the accessories are great. As for me, this is a keeper and I won't replace it for a very long time. Plus, this package is affordable, so if your a beginner seeking a good quality guitar, I recommend you to purchase this package, you will definitely be satisfied.

"Beginners welcome!!" submitted October 16, 2011

Music Style: Metal
Sound: dont get me wrong, for the price what do you expect, it may be good for lighter/cleaner stuff but if your into any type of alternative or anything harder than that (where distortion comes into play) then you might want to spring for something better, it plays ok clean though, wish they would make a variation with humbuckers but for 99 bucks (the price of the guitar alone) what would you expect. GREAT guitar for BEGINNERS(sorry but this is a bais rate since i love heavy rock and metal). i would also recommend buying the guitar alone (again it sells for 99 bucks) and getting a diffrent small/practice amp (i highly suggest the line 6 spider 15watt, sells for 89 new, and if you also buy the cable and cheap strap and picks youll have everything the package has and about the same price if not cheaper with a WAY better amp!) Feature: pretty basic, dont let the whammy bar that comes with the guitar fool you, withought the double locking nut this thing goes out of tune the moment you touch that bar, after a few times of re-tunning it back i just unscrewed the bar and left it off, with this being a beginner guitar you really shouldnt need it to much anyways. it was nice to have it come with a strap (although not to sturdy, wouldnt trust it to hold a more expensive guitar) and picks (although you dont get to choose the gauge or type), and dvd (pretty basic, nice start for extream beginers so it did come with everything you need to start playing electric right out of the package but i still think more options would have been nice (like the idea for humbuckers instead of single coil, one with 22 and 24 fretts, etc.) Ease of Use: its like owning the book "guitar for dummies" but in guitar form.....so easy even a caveman could do it! it has no fancy bridge or active pickups or double locking mechanisms, just a plain cheap decent guiatr with the bare essentials to start learning. its kind of hard to get a "GOOD" sound using the amp it comes with, but if your into blues or classical or light stuff you should be ok with this. Quality: for an assembly line product its not all that bad, i put mine through hell and back and it still played good, i used it like a bat swinging it around hitting beer bottles and other stuff, i totally deconstructed mine and burned images with a wood carver and stripped it and sanded it and repainted it and put it back together and it played (sounded and felt) like it just came out of the box. i would say that the material is cheap and should be better but then that would also make for a more expensive guiatr and we all know this one is a "bottom shelf" guitar aimed at beginners so dont expect a kirk hammett, zakk wylde or joe satriani feel Value: i gave it a 5 here because yes i know its aimed at beginners or the thrift shoppers but you can still get a pretty sweet begginer setup for about the same price. (once again i am a little bias on this package because its not really made for heavy stuff, it was my third guitar and i could easily tell it was the worst one but thats because all that i was playing was metallica, slayer, pantera, amon amarth, ozzy and stuff liek that at the time.....) Manufacturer Support: havent had to use them....i mean, why would i need support for something that only costs like 99 bucks? to me, if it broke i would have just chunked it and chalked it up to a loss, but it held in there pretty strong for some cheap material. The Wow Factor: the ONLY reason i would buy one now would be to test my guitar tech/painting skills, alter and customize it, but brand new stock i defenatlly wouldnt get another one, way to many other options that appeal to me now that are more aimed to my type of music (mainly jackson, esp/ltd, ibanez) and they have there own bottom shelf guitars that are (in my opinion) better for metal than this....but its appeal to any BEGINNER would be good, its comfertable to play standing or sitting, comes with everything you need, and the material and paint is pretty good. Overall: this was my 3rd guitar after a "V" and epiphone explorer..... it was like going from a zippo lighter to trying to start a fire by banging two rocks together......no bueno.....good idea for beginners but once they start playing better models theyre defenatlly going to want to upgrade soon

"SUCKS BADD!!!" submitted November 20, 2008

Music Style: Rock, Metal, Jazz, Blues, Classical
Sound: it's aight, but it gets so annoying and choppy after a while Feature: The Amp is good, i love it, strap is comfy, picks aight Ease of Use: neck is so stiff i can hardly play smoke on the water right Quality: UGLY SOUND Value: none at all Manufacturer Support: Fender is good, guitar sucks The Wow Factor: UGLY Overall: I Was amazed when i first got it, but ive had it for a year now, and it has gone out of tune so many times that ive had to change the tuner battery ALOT, and the tuners suck, everything else is fine i guess

"THE HOT ROD OF BEGINNER PACKS" submitted August 6, 2007

Musical Background: composer and co-lead guitarist for Memento Mori
Music Style: AGRNY METAL
Sound: the guitar itself sounds almost as good as a regular strat the amp is AWESOME Feature: The package had everything i needed, PLUS a set of headphones AND a really sturdy whammy bar instructional dvd was pretty helpful as well Ease of Use: this guitar is perfect for beginners. it's light compared to the beginner epiphone les paul and compared to the standard strat. Quality: squier has realy outdone themselves this time. Value: SWEET its completely worth the money as it can blow any other package away i had a chance to play the guitars from the other packages and they all sound awful compared to this Manufacturer Support: havent used the support, but i bet it'll be SWEET The Wow Factor: i kiss it every night before i go to sleep and just look at it for many many minutes to the layman, this guitar looks alot like the real strat, but i think that its sharper angles and thinner neck is more appealing to me Overall: BUY IT the quality is great and last its a good guitar to learn and grow up with
44 of 45 people (97.78%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 16KP-0QT0. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976