When you call, mention priority code 161G-YJSH

Rating and Reviews: Squier SA100 Guitar Pack

Includes: guitar, gig bag, pitch pipes, picks, and instruction book.

Squier SA100 Guitar Pack Customer Review submitted July 22, 2005

Musical Background: Hobbyist, learning junkie
Music Style: Blues, Alternative
Sound: Sounds Awesome. However you need to change strings. The default strings are not that good. I use Martins & they are amazing; stay in tune even after my bending & stuff. Other recomended strings are D'Addarios. Feature: the accessories: the bag is a big joke. strap is a good one, not of bad quality.... instruction book is amazing...but you gotta have patience to sit & study yourself (which worked for me) picks are cool too...lots of colors & rock n roll kinda tuning thing is like a wind pipe thing....thats a trash..get an electronic tuner. Frets are awesome...they just shedded color on my guitar..but besides that..they dont squeak while bending. Feature I WISH IT had --> theres no strap knob on neck or anywhere...so u end up tieing with shoelace thing. Quality: Nice Value: this sounds in line with other expensive things like Jasmines & Yamahas. Even Yamaha has a starter pack just like this..but that guitar is smaller than this. Manufacturer Support: Never had to call! The Wow Factor: yes i want it again
17 of 19 people (89.47%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Good guitar for a beginner" submitted March 14, 2006

Music Style: Classical, Jazz, Alternative, Emo
Sound: The overall sound is pretty nice but you definitly have to change the strings because the default strings don't last that long. Feature: I did not like the pitch pipe. In my opinion it is useless. Otherwise, the picks were really good except they could at least put light and hard instead of narrowing your choice with mediums. The instructional book was very useful. The gig bag that comes with it sucks though. Ease of Use: I definitly loved the sound quality. Quality: The guitar is pretty reliable. Except i think it's easy to get scratches on it. Value: This is a great beginner's guitar for anyone. Manufacturer Support: I heard the company is pretty friendly but i haven't had a chance to get in touch with them. The Wow Factor: The price for this guitar is pretty good. Great beginner Guitar. Overall: Umm...overall i was very happy with this product until I realized i wanted more of a "professionsl" guitar.
10 of 12 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Decent value for the money." submitted October 30, 2008

By a customer from live.com
Musical Background: Beginner
Music Style: Fold
Sound: This guitar sounds good for the money. I am a beginner so I don't really have much of a frame of reference, but it sounded better than I expected it to. Feature: The bag is wimpy and the pitch pipe is difficult to use. Plan on replacing each of these at some point in the future. It would have been nice to have a capo and an extra set of strings included. Ease of Use: Out of the box, the action on the guitar was very high. I took it down to the local music shop and had them adjust the action--this helped a lot and made the guitar MUCH more playable. If you get this guitar and find it difficult to get basic chords to sound good, try taking it into a local shop for an action adjustment--that will probably help immensely. Quality: Seems like a pretty durable guitar. I have a couple of young toddlers who have gotten a hold of it and no damage was done. If it can survive the "kid test" then that's a good sign. Value: This is a good guitar for the money. Of course you could spend a little bit more to get something better, but this guitar seems like a reasonable investment for someone who is just starting out (like me). Manufacturer Support: Never had to contact them, but I've heard they are decent. The Wow Factor: More expensive guitars are going to look better. This one doesn't look bad by any stretch--it is just a basic acoustic guitar. Overall: I will probably keep this guitar as a backup and to jam with, but will most likely buy another more expensive one once I get a little bit better at playing.

"I like it!" submitted December 28, 2004

Musical Background: Beginner
Music Style: Classic rock, soft rock, rock, metal.
Sound: I don't really play guitar yet, so I wont rate the sound. But, as far as I could tell, and as far as I have heard, it is the best sound you can get for less than $100. Feature: The picks are sweet. Great look. Only complaint is they were all one size (medium). They could have put 2 small, 2 med, to large... The bag is crap. Smells like a halloween costume. Probably made from recycled vampire capes or something... Plan on getting a nice hard/semi hard case. Pitch pipes are rather usesless if you don't know how to use them. Plan on getting a tuner, or tune from a piano. Quality: It felt nice and solid. My first one got slammed into a shelving bracket or something by the shipping company. Only put a medium sized smash into the body, but enough to ruin it. A weak guitar probably would have blown apart in the shipping. Value: I don't think I'd rather any other guitar from its price range. Manufacturer Support: The store I ordered from handled all the crap with the shipping company. I haven't even tried to contact Fender about it. The Wow Factor: "How would you rate the "sex appeal" of this product?" Hmm. It didn't get me ready or anything... It is an appealing guitar. Very pretty. I saw a friends $280 guitar and this one beats it in the cosmetic arena. The finish on top is plain clear, so the natural wood shines through. The back and sides are dark coated, so you can barely see the golden highlights peek through now and then. Truely alluring. Overall: I think that this guitar will last me through my begginer's stage, and on through my life, though I will get a Squier Strat once I learn some stuff.

When you call, mention priority code 161G-YJSH. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976