When you call, mention priority code 157K-YVZ7

Rating and Reviews: Shure SM86 Microphone

Deliver studio-quality sound with this cardioid condenser vocal mic. The Shure SM86 is ideal for live performance and built to survive the rigors of touring.

Overall

"A great new mic from Shure that is Shure to turn some heads!" submitted October 25, 2003

By a customer from performanceaudio.com
Overall
Music Style: I hate country and techno. I can listen to pretty much anything else.
Sound: This is a really great sounding mic. You can use it anywhere that you would use the good 'ol 58 but it has a smoother sound and doesn't have the dreading 3k build-up that the 58 can have. I used this mic in an acoustic setting with two guitars and a lead vocal and was very happy. The sound was always present and clear, never harsh or nasaly. This is especially a great mic if you have a singer that knows how to work a mic. It has very good off-axis sound and the proximity effect reduction doesn't leave you jumping for the low-cut when the singer gets close. I would compare this to the AKG C900 as being smoother and more natural sounding. This is probably due to the lower cut-off frequency of 18k vs 20k. Comparing to the Sennheiser e865, this mic has a more present sound and will cut through a dense mix a little better. Overall, a very good performer in the crowded vocal mic arena. Feature: As can be expected from the Shure SM series, this mic has a very solid feel and the build quality is top-notch. I would not be afraid of using this mic anywhere that I would normally use a 58. As far as accesories, it comes with the standard Shure SM fare: A clip and pouch. The only draw back I can see with this mic is that it requires phantom power. While this is not a problem for a professional sound technician, a musician with lesser equipment won't be able to use this mic without some sort of phantom power adaptor. Quality: No complaints here. I want one myself! This mic maintains the legendary build quality of the venerable Shure SM line. I'm sure we've all seen the SM58 with the grill completely bashed in and still working. This mic has the same feel and ruggedness and would not hesitate using it in adverse conditions. Value: I the field of hand-help vocal condensors, this mic fares very well. The price is well below the popular Neumann KSM-105 and has a street price similar to the AKG C900 and the Sennheiser e865. I used to want the C900, but I think I would rather have the SM86 now that I have tried it. Manufacturer Support: I've always had wonderful customer support from Shure. Wheather it's a broken mic, or just a lost clip, they've always come through for me. No complaints here. The Wow Factor: Of course I do, and so should you. At this price point, it's hard to pass up. This mic is like bringing studio quality condensor mics to the stage. I plan on purchasing one in the next few weeks. Overall: What a great new mic from Shure! Finally, a Shure vocal condensor mic that I can use on male vocals! I want one, I want one, I want one.

When you call, mention priority code 157K-YVZ7. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976