When you call, mention priority code 20M-9WH7

Rating and Reviews: Shure PG58 Microphone

The Performance Gear PG58 mic offers legendary Shure quality, a cardioid pattern to prevent feedback, and clear vocal reinforcement at a rock-bottom price.

"Very good mics, stands and chords for the price." submitted March 18, 2011

By sdleed.cox.net
Music Style: Rock/country
Sound: Already had 3 of the PG58 Shure mics and now I have 3 more set up for practice sessions. They work great! Good clear sound for both practice sessions as well as live performance and I use them every week for Opn Mic nights. Great value for a good solid mic. Feature: Mics, Cords and stands are all good quality Ease of Use: Easy to set up and use Quality: No issues or problems, they all work great. Value: This was a great deal, better price than anyone else with free shipping Manufacturer Support: No support needed sine no problems The Wow Factor: With out good mics you can't have a good vocal performance and these mic deliver. Overall: I place on keeping these mics a long time, I have the first set from 5 years ago and they work as good as when first out of the box.
22 of 23 people (95.65%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"SPEND A BIT MORE AND PURCHASE THE SM58" submitted June 20, 2011

Musical Background: DJ & Karaoke
Music Style: Varied
Sound: Having purchased several items from zZounds I have been very pleased with their service and quality. My latest purchase, a Shure PG58 corded mic, I am satisfied with except I find the mic to be very sensitive to the grasp of one's hand and transfer's a "rumble" to the speakers. I also own a Shure SM58, twice the price but It's also a far better mic. Feature: The PG58 came with a 16' mic cord that I have found limits the volume of the mic. I have been using a Horizon cord with it and find the volume level to be much better. Ease of Use: The sound quality of the mic is very good.. Quality: I feel that the quality of construction of the Shure mic's is among the best I have found. Value: The SM58 is worth the price..I should have ordered another one instead of the PG58. Manufacturer Support: I have not contacted zZounds or Shure concerning the "rumble" caused by grasping, or holding, the mic. Perhaps I should do that. The Wow Factor: I don't really feel a mic has "sex appeal". Overall: I bought this mic because I already owned a SM58 that I was well satisfied with and just thought I would give the cheaper mic a try. That turned out to be a mistake, I should have just purchased another SM58. I wish I knew prior to purchasing the PG58 that I would get a "rumble" from holding the mic that is picked up and sent to the speakers. If lost, stolen or damaged I would not replace it with a PG58 but may replace it with an SM58.

"Great mic" submitted January 3, 2014

By a customer from optonline.net
Overall
Overall: Ordered two for both my daughters who sing and perform. Very professional! Love it!

"cheap! and same "guts" as the SM58 What more could I want" submitted June 22, 2006

By a customer from netzero.com
Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Active musician
Music Style: everything man!
Sound: just as good as the sm58. Same exact guts as the sm58 just a cheaper casing. Feature: great it comes with everything to get started. It comes with a clip, a cord, and a guide tellg you about the mic! Oh yeah I almost forgot about the on/off switch and the pouch for the mic! Ease of Use: Plug it in and go! Quality: I wouldn't try driving over this like the SM58! It works great if you plan on taking care of it and aren't ruff on equipment! Value: Wow you can't beat the value! don't waste your money on a Nady or Behringer or a fender or some other junk. Get a mic with the company that knows mics! Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed support but I know shure is good for it! The Wow Factor: looks like a 58 but cheaper ha ha! Overall: oh yeah would replace it in a heartbeat! you can't beat this deal. I'm a cheap and quality kind of guy. You cannot beat this deal! 60 bucks for a mic with the same classic "guts" of the SM58 (the standard for mics). Great mic!!!
38 of 43 people (88.37%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Good quality for a low price." submitted September 8, 2011

Musical Background: Active musician and engineer
Music Style: Rock, Adult Contemporary
Sound: Used it the same day it arrived. Sounds great, no problems and reliable Shure name I feel comfortable with. Not the best mic I've ever used but a great deal for the money! Feature: Range is OK. Ease of Use: Turn on the switch and you're ready to go. Quality: Well made. Value: Great value for the money. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed any support yet. The Wow Factor: For musicians on a budget (and who is not) this is a great deal. Overall: I'd buy another one if lost or stolen.

"Shure Microphone's are the industry standard's!!!!!!!" submitted June 22, 2011

Music Style: Rock & Roll
Sound: The best from Shure again, do I need to talk anymore! Feature: Very good deal and I will be doing it again!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quality: This is the third vocal mike I have had in thirty years!!! Value: Yes, yes yes Manufacturer Support: I have had very little go wrong with these Sure mic's.

"A great mike" submitted May 8, 2012

By Ed S in Harker Heights, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 65 years. Vocal/ instrumental music educator. Piano, woodwinds, strings, guitar, mandolin. Church musician, jam with pals.
Music Style: any style. Bring it on!
Overall: Outstanding balance between sensitivity and projection. My favorite!

"Shure PG58" submitted March 18, 2012

By Michael S in Cedar Bluff, VA
Overall
Musical Background: 4 years. Vocals guitar and bass. Play guitar at church and for a rock band
Music Style: Rock, contemporary, Christian rock.
Overall: Excellent microphone for the price. There is a place in town where I practice music and there are SM 58s there as well. So I decided to test out the PG58 and an SM 58 and they sound identical. The only difference is the SM 58 is made like a tank, but if you take care of the PG 58 you'll be fine. The PG 58 isn't fragile but it won't be able to withstand throwing it across the room and stuff like the SM58 can. You can literally scream into this mic and if you have your settings right you still will not have an awful clipping sound. Really great mic for live and recording settings. I recommend it.

"Worth the Money" submitted October 24, 2011

Musical Background: Mobile DJ
Sound: First Shure mic I have used and loved it. I have used plenty of other mics and they dont have the sound quality as a shure does!

"Sound is NOT like SM58. Spend a little more and get the real thing!" submitted November 7, 2010

Music Style: Country, Rock, Bass player
Sound: If you are looking for an inexpensive mic that say "shure" on it, then this is ok. BUT if you are wanting the clean, crisp, pro quality sound of the SM58, then spend the extra $40 and get a real one. Side by side, this mic does NOT compare favorably with a real SM58. Feature: Nothing special about this mic. has a switch and looks pro. Ease of Use: basic mic. Quality: seems to be good quality in terms of build and ruggedness. Value: Just an Ok value. Comparable to other mid to lower end brands in the same price range. But is Not SM58, honestly. Manufacturer Support: have not needed support, but I'm sure the Shure stands behind it. The Wow Factor: Looks like the real thing, but does not sound like it. Overall: It gets a 7/10, that's about what you are getting.

"Great and trustable" submitted October 11, 2009

Musical Background: Lead vocal
Music Style: Rock and qubecer
Sound: Vey good and accurate sound I have used many high quality mic's throug-out my years in singing and I must say the Pg58 is very good to play live shows but I would not suggest it for profesional recording. Feature: The mis came with the cable a clip a stand and a carry pouch great kit for 90$ Ease of Use: It was very easy just plugged it in my console and it was ready to rock. I like it beacause I ussualy use extreme quality mics that need a phantom. Quality: The product is awesome for smaal shows with lots of restraints (where accidents usualy happen) i prefer carrying the Pg 58 than my 275$ high performance mic. i know this one can handle a few drops. Value: Its worth every penny for someone who cant afford buying a mic that cost a few hundred dollars Manufacturer Support: Didnt have to deal anything baugth it at my local music store The Wow Factor: Its a great looking mic! Overall: Its great to use. I wouldnt take it for some professional use but to rehearse or play live shows with frineds its the best

"great mike for the money" submitted April 5, 2008

By a customer from telusplanet.net
Musical Background: active musician for 35 years
Sound: you wont find a better mike for the money. If your on a tight budget this is the mike to get. Some reviewers said it was the same cartridge as the sm58 but it isnt. I own an sm58 also and the tone is alot better and smother on the 58 and also has better feedback suppresion but for the price of the pg it is probably about 75% of the quality of the sm58 Feature: on off switch, what else can a mike have for features? Quality: not an sm58 but for the money it is great Manufacturer Support: never had a problem with shure mikes The Wow Factor: i got it
31 of 32 people (96.88%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"pro quality at working musicians budgetactive musician" submitted October 4, 2007

Music Style: classic rock, blues
Sound: very clear and clean, cuts through the mix very nicely Feature: on off switch, cable, clip and cord included Ease of Use: just get in close and sing through it Quality: lots off great mikes out there that probably have better qualities but none out there for this price that come close. Value: you wont find another mike at this price that is as profesional peice of gear as this.SeX Manufacturer Support: haven't needed it The Wow Factor: Sex appeal? Isnt this a tool for singing through? I never placed much importance on looks Overall: Rated this for a mike in this price range

"Great." submitted October 28, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: Pro musician, own a recording studio.
Music Style: Indie, acoustic, punk, rock, alternative
Sound: I've used these in my pro recording studio and also in my little crappy home studio. I don't use it anymore in my pro studio because I upgraded, but if you use this right (right mixers, sound FX, vocals, ect.) it can sound like a $500 mic, but if you have crappy equipment with this mic, it could sound like the $5 mics that come free with karaoke machines. It also sounds great live. So basically if you know how to use it properly, it will sound great for a great price. Feature: Has an on and off switch...? It has all the basic stuff for a studio-quality mic. It also comes with a cable. Ease of Use: 1. Turn it on 2. Record 3. Turn it off Easy as that. Quality: Made very well. I do take some of these and also some others with my band on the road. Never let me down on stage. Value: $60? Definetally worth it. Manufacturer Support: Hever had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: Looks like a mic... Overall: I love it. If it was stolen (which has happened twice to me already), I would definetally buy another or more (which has also happened more than twice to me).

"JUst a great mic" submitted December 17, 2005

Musical Background: singer kj
Music Style: all
Sound: This mic for the price is just about (you cannot tell the difference)as good as a sm58. once you find the sweetspot this mic is wonderful.I could have rated this mic a 10. for the price wow. and you can throw this mic against a wall and it comes back for more. I do karaoke with the mic. Feature: not a whole lot of features just a great product Quality: Like I said this mic can stand up tp anything it is a shure. Value: value can't get any better Manufacturer Support: never had to use The Wow Factor: BUY THIS MIC this is everybit as good as an sm58 and Iv'e had alot of sure mics Overall: Wonderful

When you call, mention priority code 20M-9WH7. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976