When you call, mention priority code 1458-W7L8

Rating and Reviews: Schecter Black Jack C7

Mahogany body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard. Professional components.

"DEALER WINS! with the BlackJack C7 from Schecter." submitted July 8, 2009

By a customer from planetgemini.net
Overall
Musical Background: Sound Engineer, Producer, Musician, Noise Maker...
Music Style: Metal, Rock, Jazz, Fusion,
Sound: The guitar sings with sustain. Very impressive for the price of this guitar. I own an Ibanez Universe 7 string guitar and it doesn't even come close to the sustain that this guitar has. The pickups sound very good and you have lots of options with the coil tap on the guitar (Which singles out the humbuckers to give the guitar a more "strat-like" sound). I will say this the guitars "clean" tones are exceptional. It picks up the lows and highs very very well and if you're looking for a guitar that gives you a "boost" during solos this axe is going to do you just fine. I play a lot of different styles of music (studio musician) and I have found that this guitar can play Metal to Country just fine.. but it is an AMAZING sounding Jazz guitar. Feature: The neck is a little thick for my tastes. It'll take some time to get used to. But, the great news is that with this guitar you want to take the time to get used to it. I am an Ibanez player normally (going on 20 years now) so I am used to the thinner "Shred-Guitar" necks. If you are used to Gibson or Fender this neck is more along the lines of those guitars. I give this feature an 8 for my personal preference. Other than that all of the frets are very accessible and spaced out well. Again, we return to the coil tap again and I cant' praise high enough the great sounds it helps you achieve. Ease of Use: I mean, it's a guitar... so you plug it in and play. If I'm referring to the action on the guitar I did have to do a little tweaking to lower the action slightly. Again this is all for my personal preference. The guitar was VERY playable right out of the box. It sounded great. I tuned it up in like 1 minute and discovered I wanted the action lower so I grabbed the (INCLUDED) wrench and lowered it to my liking in about 5 minutes. It was that easy... and again, I did this out of personal preference I think that the average player would like the action just fine the way it is but for sweep picking you need the action sort of low (I find). Quality: If I could give this an 11 for quality I would but, since there is no 11 feature I'll just try to make 10 mean a little more. The guitar is quality. The hardware is top notch. From the locking Grover Machine Heads to the TonePro Bridge. As someone who's used Floyd Rose floating bridges for the last 20 years it's so nice to have a reliable 7 string that I can cross tune in literally seconds. The guitar is a good weight. Reminds me of an old Washburn I had. Heavy, tons of sustain and beautiful design. Value: Most of my guitars in my collection are easily double the price of this guitar and I will display this one proudly right beside them. I don't know if some of the people who rated this guitar earlier just got bad models or they waited so long because they were on backorder... but this guitar is well worth what you pay for it. It is comparable to a $1,200 guitar at least. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it personally but, I've had a lot of musicians come into my studio that praise Schecter for their quality and I can really see why. Let's hope I don't need their support though... unless they can help me with some difficult patterns I've been working on.. hehe The Wow Factor: It's black and sleek with a very classy ivory stripe outlining the guitar. The guitar is striking and I will put it as one of my "wall display" guitars. Overall: Overall I can't stress enough how impressed I am with Schecter's quality on this guitar. I will probably be purchasing another guitar from Schecter in the very near future because of this (The Loomis 7 string has caught my eye). I hope that you give this guitar a chance if you're looking for something different and quite affordable. I've used it for Heavy Metal but this is easily a fantastic sounding jazz instrument as well. Again, the tones on this guitar are so customizable that you can't go wrong with any genre of music.

"Best Schecter made!" submitted January 10, 2005

Overall
Sound: This guitar really helps fill out and articulate my sound. I play in a band with somewhat of a unique style that is a combination of alternative, progressive, and hard ass rock and this guitar is versatile enough and has a good enough sound quality to allow me to play our music. It also doesn't get muddy like many 7-stings tend to do. Feature: It is very versatile in terms of the sounds you can get. The only downfall I found is that the 1/4 inch jack is a little tight. Quality: Works great, never had a problem with anything on the guitar working or sounding great. Value: Great value! It's hard to find a 7-string with good sound and this one has it. $650 isn't very much to spend to be fully satisfied with your guitar. Manufacturer Support: It took a long time to get and Schecter kept telling me that it was on the way and would be here on a certain date but i didn't get it for several months after I ordered it. My other Schecter, on the other hand, I had great communication with Schecter for and I got my guitar right when they said I would, so overall I think Schecter is very helpful and easy to work with but they had a little trouble with this particular guitar because it was a brand new product at the time I ordered it. The Wow Factor: It looks good. It fits our image as a band.

"awesome guitar for price" submitted September 10, 2006

Overall
Music Style: rock, and alternitive and death metal
Sound: very good it has a lot of different sounds to fit my individaul needs and yours to. Feature: the pick up selecter was a sweet thing about it and the 7 strings because gives you more to toy around with when just sitting around. Ease of Use: it is very easy to play and the sound selection easy to use and you don't have to sit down and read the manual even though it is a very good idea to. Quality: very nice wood was sweet the way they routered the top out is very vice 24 frets is also nice to have get more out of a guitar that way. The Wow Factor: it is very appeling to me it was. the jet black was awesome needs somemore colors though.

Schecter Black Jack C7 Customer Review submitted August 22, 2005

Overall
Sound: It is got a good natural tone from its body but its electronics just don't catch all of that tone Feature: The seventh string really gives much more to play with, you can go through a scale three times and not even slide down the neck Value: the guitar is worth the money you pay for it i have a high end les pual so im used to high quilty but i would buy this guitar for 5 or 6 hundred if i didn't have a better guitar

Schecter Black Jack C7 Customer Review submitted May 26, 2006

Overall
Sound: Long waiting time in Germany for this guitar. What I got is wood crap. After I soldered the pick ups in the right way they did work and gave sound. The sound is ok. The quality of the guitar is not the best. The right beginners guitar! Feature: No Accessories. Ease of Use: Plug and Play - my amp works properly. Value: Price is ok, beginners guitar Manufacturer Support: Yeah, I dealt half a year with the company - or its dealer. Criminals. The Wow Factor: Now the schecter does work. Sex I will have furthermore with my girlfriend. Overall: I hope my adjustments and my repairations will hold some time. There is not much left what could break ...

When you call, mention priority code 1458-W7L8. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976