When you call, mention priority code 1579-Q633

Rating and Reviews: Samson R11 Microphone

Experience the superior output, reliability, great sound and convenient features of Samson's R11 microphone.

Overall

"You'll never beat these mics for the price AAAA++++" submitted February 12, 2008

By a customer from pa.net
Musical Background: Active professional musician
Music Style: Jazz ,Swing and Classic Rock
Sound: I have used cheap mikes and good mikes in my lifetime as a professional musician. But I just joined a new band and the mike I was using was starting to lose its sound quality, so I purchased a SM58 and took it to practice. The other musicians in the band were aslo using SM58's. I also had three of the R11's in my bag and I said I would like to try one of them out,so I hooked one up to the Pa and tried it out. The other people asked me what kind of mic I useing and I told them. They asked me how much they cost and when I told them they called me a lier. When we went to play our first job together in a very famous hotel, there were three R11's on the stage that night along with two SM58's. My SM58 was in my bag. These mics are as good as any and I am a singer with a very strong voice that has broken down other mics. Beleive me these are top of the line vocal mics. Feature: The on/off switch is a plus and something that the SM58 lacks Ease of Use: What can I say you plug it in and it almost speaks for itself Quality: Built like a tank. Very well made Value: As I said I used cheap mics in my lifetime that actually cost a lot more than these and what I got was a cheap mic. These are as good as a much more expensive mic. Manufacturer Support: I guess it would be OK if you ever needed it. But I don't think you can do anything to these mics to stop them from working The Wow Factor: I rated it the best but, what sex appeal can you find in a mic. No it is a nice mic and its black design just fades away on the stage which is a nice attribute. Overall: I exspect to keep using these mics for a long tome. If anything ever happens to these mics I will buy more of them to replace the ones that I have. I'll keep the SM58 in my bag but it will only come out if something happens to the R11's and then it will go back into the back after I replace the R11's with new ones. The price and the Quality of the sound is the key here. You will never ever beat it.

"Please read this review!!!" submitted December 1, 2005

By a customer from gregparke.com
Musical Background: Active musician, Recording/Live sound engineer
Music Style: Modern folk, Rock, Country, Adult Alternative
Sound: Read the next review....it says it all. I am a life long professional musician, also own a sound company and a recording studio. I always used the "old standard" SM57 and SM58 (still do!) for the sound company and my own live gigs. I got hired to do sound for a gig where I was afraid a lot of my gear might get stolen and/or trashed, so I bought 12 R11's, and left the good mikes at home. The R11's performed as well as my "other" mikes, nobody stole them because they were "cheapos", and 5 years later they are still going strong. I have had to take a few of them apart to straighten out the ball after they landed on the stage floor, or in one case on concrete after about a 30 foot flight, but every one of my original R11's still work! I'm buying a 3 pack for my son for Christmas. Get your SM 57's and 58's for the major gigs, and back them up with Samson R11's. You would be shocked if you read the list of people I have worked with who had no complaints about these mikes. I'll bet some of those people are on several of the CD's in your collection! Feature: Its a SM 58 copy, with an on-off switch......what else can I say? Quality: Mine all still work after some severe abuse! Value: Get several. They will save your butt several times over. I've even miked drums in a pinch with these things. Not the best, but they worked! Manufacturer Support: I don't know???? Never had to deal with them. It's a "throw away" mike for crying out loud! The Wow Factor: I ALWAYS throw a few of these in as a back up on every gig I do. Overall: For a cheap, throw away mike this is the best I have found. I have owned many different brands, and most cheap mikes sound like crap and don't hold up. The Samson R11's sound almost identical to a Shure SM 58, are durable, and are so cheap that nobody steals them!
18 of 19 people (94.74%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great value, super sound!" submitted December 8, 2004

By a customer from adelphia.net
Music Style: Rock and Blues
Sound: We used it at rehearsal the other night and it blew us out of the water. It sounded great! No feedback problems (we rehearse in a small room)while increasing the volume. These mics came highly recommended from a recording studio. Feature: Like the on/off switch. Quality: Nice weight and solid feel. These mics will be the bands up front mics. Value: Great value!! Manufacturer Support: Not applicable at this time. The Wow Factor: I will be ordering another 3-pack. Overall: I expect to be purchasing, along with another 3-pack, a Samson wireless unit for the female vocalist. The sound quality is the best I've heard yet.

"Believe the hype - these things are GREAT!" submitted February 21, 2012

By Joe D in Dearborn, MI
Overall
Musical Background: 30+ years experience on guitar, bass, and vocals. Gigging often and not gettng paid.
Music Style: Contemporary Christian, classic rock, country.
Sound: These mics sound great. I have been using Sennheiser E835s and I have not missed them while using the Samson R11s. In terms of EQ, I was used to rolling off the treble a bit with the E835s, but with the R11s a little bit of treble boost really helped the vocals cut through the mix. Feature: The R11 has a switch. It's a little thing, but it's really nice to have. Ease of Use: The only challenge with the R11 (which Samson points out in the manual) is that the bass response varies with the distance from the source to the mic. These mics could be frustrating for singers who move their heads around a lot (either because they're animated or if they're trying to fine-tune their sound level when coming in on background vocals). It took me about half an hour to adjust; after that it wasn't an issue. Quality: I have been using these for several weeks. So far, so good. Nothing in the construction gives me any concern. Value: Incredible. Depending on the deals that are going on 3-packs, the R11s can be had for three to five times less money than the E835s. It's not three to five times less microphone; it's pretty darn close. If comparing the sound, I think I could get it right blindfolded but I am not confident. If you find a deal on these - stock up and save! Manufacturer Support: I have never contacted Samson; I have no clue what to expect. The Wow Factor: This isn't a really sexy product. I just can't believe you can get so much mic for so little money. I am flush with mics right now, but if I see another deal on a 3-pack of R11s I'd be tempted to buy just because it's like cheating the system. Overall: I read several online reviews of the Samson R11 and people seemed to be consistently impressed with them. I decided to buy a 3-pack and they have been everything I hoped for.

"I'm getting three more." submitted June 5, 2008

By a customer from ctitech.com
Overall
Musical Background: "Active Musician" (as opposed to a "Lethargic Musician"?)
Music Style: Christian Praise Band
Sound: The sound is great, and actually we have one female vocalist who has never sounded better than through the R11, but yet it does a great job with my deep bass voice, too. Feature: Of the three mics I got, one had the "on-off" plate upside-down. That's strange, but who looks at the switch anyway? It is a nice switch, though; very smooth and easy to use. The Wow Factor: I like the all-black scheme. Kind of "on-stage camouflage." Overall: I'm about to order three more. We have had other Samsons that have held up great, so I tried these. I'm sure glad I did.

"Sampson matches up well with the SM58" submitted August 31, 2007

Musical Background: Active Musician, Sound Man
Music Style: Rock, Alternative
Sound: This mic mirrors most of what we love about SM58s at 2/3 of the cost. Feature: The easy to find on/off switch is a very helpful feature in our stage applications. We don't always have a sound man... Ease of Use: Durable and well made. Easy to find and use the on/off switch. Quality: Durable and well made. It takes abuse and performs well. The sound is quite good for the price. This mic mirrors most of what we love about SM58s at 2/3 of the cost. Value: The durability and sound are much better that one would expect for the cost. The Wow Factor: It is plain black and just disappears on stage... which is what we want! Overall: Durable and well made. It takes abuse and performs well. The sound is quite good for the price. It is great with vocals and instruments. We have minimal issues with feedback. This mic mirrors most of what we love about SM58s at 2/3 of the cost.

"Awesome and durable mic" submitted April 15, 2008

By a customer from wakefieldtech.com
Musical Background: Sound Engineer
Music Style: All
Sound: While there are defiantly mics that sound better, the r11 has to be near the best if not the best for the price. I use them mainly for vocals but i have done some work with acoustic guitars too. Feature: On off switch thats level with the mic Awsome feature Ease of Use: Plug and go Quality: Durable, can survive stage drops/etc Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it, thats pretty good preventative support right there The Wow Factor: It looks nice on stage Overall: I expect 3 years out of these mics but i allready know ill get may more than 3.

"One of the best values for a GREAT 3-pak of Quality mics I've ever seen." submitted October 26, 2007

Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues,Hard Rock, Country anything except Rap and Disco
Sound: I've been using these for years now, personally, I can't tell the difference between them and a ShureSM57 enough said.... Feature: Has an on-off switch. I own 6 of these mics, they have been rode hard and put away wet, and they all still work great, and none of the switches have failed. Ease of Use: Its as easy as any other mic like it, and built like a tank. Quality: Wish I could give them a 10+ here. These mics are built tougher than other mics costing 100's of dollars. Value: I cant believe one can get 3 of these, for less than 1 ShureSM57. (Dont take me wrong, I love Shure 57's and 58's) Manufacturer Support: Givin it a 10, simply cause I never needed support The Wow Factor: I dont think mics have sex appeal, unless you are some type of freak. Overall: I would definately replace them, if they keep making them so good, and have the great price. One thing thats sort of a drag, is getting all those mic stands to mic up the drums, I do think the smaller clip ons are much better for that, and of coarse my AKG-D118s BUT before I had my AKG kick, I did use one of these, and it wasn't bad, just not the same as the AKG, of coarse thats a 300 dollar mic.

"Great!" submitted February 25, 2012

Overall
Overall: Originally I bought this mic to use at church for my amp, but they finally got one for there so I took it home. Well, I was sound technician for a show at a local PAC and I needed an extra microphone to mic up guitars. Pulled this sucker out, and it surprised the hell out of me, and it's my mic! The sound came through clear, and unaltered!! If you only have a limited budget, get these babies, they'll work wonders!

"Decent mic - Get the kit w/ stand. The stand is worth the price alone." submitted January 6, 2014

By Todd D in LOS ANGELES, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 20 years. Bass, guitar, keys. Do a lot of audio production for radio and podcasts.
Music Style: kind of like U2 meets Zeppelin meets The Damned meets Joy Division meets Nine Inch Nails. If you know what genre that is... let
Overall: I've never used a Samson mic so I was pretty skeptical, but... I only had limited funds and certain things that I had to get. My choice was get another Sennheiser - which I really like - and the sound card or take a chance on the Samson, get the sound card, AND get another XLR cable, AND a tripod boom stand? I really needed a boom stand, but they run about $30 alone.The stand was worth the price alone! Great, sturdy stand. All black. Sweet.Oh and the mic... Wow I was impressed. It's a little brighter with more treble than my Sennheiser, but really decent clear mic. Think I'll get the 3 pack next time.

"competitive mic for the price" submitted February 7, 2006

Overall
Sound: Sounds fine live and is great when your on the road. Don't use it to record though, its just not that quality Feature: On/Off switch is nice... thats about it. Quality: I've dropped a couple of them, never dented and still work. I think they will last me a while. Value: If your not too serious about it or just want some mics that will sound good and wont hurt your pocket go for it! Manufacturer Support: never needed it The Wow Factor: I might buy some more, they were $50 for 3 when I got them GREAT DEAL. Overall: Nice design good pice.

Samson R11 Microphone Customer Review submitted December 31, 2009

Overall
Sound: I own this microphone. I bought it at Target because I wanted to replace some old cheap ones. I thought that it would be one of the bad microphones I was trying to replace. When I got it home I was amazed by how crisp and clear the sound was. I could hear everything I said as if I was saying it without a microphone. If you need a wired microphone for less, this is what u should get. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. Just plug it in and start talking. Quality: Made well. Heavy duty and will last a long time. The Wow Factor: Even good for singing.

"This mic rocks?" submitted April 6, 2006

Musical Background: SOUND MAN AT CHURCH
Music Style: CHRISTIAN
Sound: The sound is great i use it mic an acoustic guitar an upright piano and will use it for vocals. It is great at picking up all the keys on the piano. I dropped it of a balcony no dents. use less mid when micing acustic guitar. I would buy these over just about over any company out there. Ease of Use: It is for instruments and vocals. Its also good for podioms. Manufacturer Support: Haven't try the support Overall: A long time!!!

When you call, mention priority code 1579-Q633. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976