When you call, mention priority code 15H6-4LSF

Rating and Reviews: Roland Micro Cube Amp

The Roland Micro Cube is a portable, battery-powered 2-watt amplifier. With 7 COSM amp models and 6 DSP effects, the Roland Micro Cube is a great little amp.

Overall

"Perfect for the small room gig, back porch or practice." submitted November 28, 2005

Musical Background: Professional Full-Time Musician
Music Style: Jazz, swing, jump-blues, Hawaiian, old-time country,
Sound: For it's size, it has some remarkable tones. I play lapsteel through it, and really love the Brit Combo, JC Clean and Classic settings the most. The effects are good. You can't control depth of effect, but you can control the speed (chorus, flange, phaser, tremolo) and duration (delay, reverb). Reverb is surprisingly good. Crank it to max, and it even does a very passable job for playing surf. Feature: I just LOVE the fact that Roland includes the adapter with it, should I ever need it; however, I use the battery power all the time. Six AA's are cheap, and I love the "pick up and go" convenience. Lots of usabel effects. BOTH 1/4" and mini AUX INPUTS -- YES! Only wish there was an option to keep the speaker on when sending a Line-Out signal. As it is, it defeats the internal speaker, so I just mic it. Quality: Roland (and BOSS) make highly reliable stuff. With the high volume of stuff they put out, it's pretty amazing. Value: For what it is SUPPOSED to do (i.e., be a VERY small, portable and USEABLE amp that can run on batteries), I give it a perfect 10. If you buy an amp to do something it won't, naturally, it will disappoint. Don't cry if you buy it to flap your pants legs and be heard for blocks. It ain't designed for that. That said, it saved me on a gig playing bass. Bass amp crapped out, so I used the MicroCube (I always have it along) as a pre-amp, used Line-Out to board, and cranked it through the PA! Not perfect, but all the guys were amazed that it worked and had some very convincing bass tone! My bass isn't active, so without the MC as a pre-amp, we'd have been screwed. Manufacturer Support: Don't know -- never had to use them. The Wow Factor: Great product. Fills that niche just about right. Just add a non-defeat switch for Line-Out, or a "single/double" click option at the jack (probably the easiest and cheapest way to do it). Overall: If I lost it, I'd get another in a heartbeat. Might get a second one anyway, just to keep in the car all the time.

Roland Micro Cube Amp Customer Review submitted January 20, 2006

Music Style: metal/hardcore/hardrock
Sound: For a 5 inch speaker, one tone knob, and 2 watts, this thing screams. Of course I cannot compare it to my Krank Revolution 1 head because these are two different amps. I play metal/hardcore music and using the rectifier mode I can get nice metal chugs out of this. I gave it a 9 because of the lack of a 3 band EQ. Feature: Boss quality effects all in one small package. Plus a record/ headphone out and built in tuner. My favorite thing about this is that its able to run for 20 hours on 6 AA batteries. I can take this thing and rock out anywhere I please. Quality: I can probably shoot it with a .45 magnum and itll still work. well not really, but this thing is built like all roland products. Its ready for war. Value: I got mine for 100 brand new. Id be willing to pay twice that for this amp. Manufacturer Support: Havent had to deal with them. And to me, thats always a good thing. The Wow Factor: It looks cool and sounds even cooler. When those guys are playing thier acoustics on the beach, you can roll up and smoke em with a high gain solo. Overall: Get em while their hot!
29 of 31 people (93.55%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"PLAY STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN AND SWEET HOME ALABAMA ON IT ONCE, THEN YOU WONT NEED TO ASK ME." submitted December 15, 2007

Music Style: southern rock, country
Sound: I WAS BLOWN AWAY AT THE SOUND AND LOUDNESS OF SUCH A SMALL AMP. I WAS INTO THE BIG HUGE 2 MEN AND A BOY TO LIFT AMPS. I PLAY PROFESSIONALLY AND THIS AMP IS WONDERFUL GOOD LOOKS,THE DEPENDABILITY OF ROLAND, AND THE PRICE CANT BE BEAT. NOW I CARRY THIS AMP WITH ME EVERYWHERE I GO. PUT A OVATION ELECTRIC ACCOUSTIC WITH IT AND YOU WILL BE SURPRISED I GUARANTEE IT. I HAVE OWNED A LOT OF DIFFERENT AMPS IN MY TIME AND I WISH I HAD THIS IN THE 60'S IT WOULD OF BEEN ALL I WOULD HAVE NEEDED FOR SOME OF THE BARS & CLUBS I PLAYED AND I PAID MY DUES. THIS AMP WILL BE PLAYING WITH THE BIG BOYS TILL I AM DEAD IN THE GRAVE WHICH I HOPE IS ANOTHER 40 YEARS AWAY. ALSO ROCKERS IT WILL PLAY ON BATTERIES TO SO IF NO ELECTRIC YOU STILL CAN JAM WHEN THE POWER IS OFF. Feature: IT COMES IN VARIOUS COLORS RED,BLACK,WHITE I PREFER THE RED MYSELF. Quality: THANK YOU ROLAND FOR THIS SWEET LITTLE ADDITION TO MY FAMILY OF AMPS. NO MORE FENDERS OR PEAVYS WILL BE CARRIED WITH ME. Value: YES Manufacturer Support: I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS AND DONT BELIEVE I WILL IM WELL SATISFIED WITH WHAT IVE GOT "SMALLER IS BETTER" The Wow Factor: SO MUCH SOUND FROM SUCH A SMALL AMP IT LOOKS GOOD IN ANY COLOR BUT I PREFER THE POWER COLORS RED AND BLACK. Overall: WHEN IT WEARS DOWN THEN I WILL REPLACE IT WITH THE SAME BUT WITH THE QUALITY ROLAND PUTS IN IT'S PRODUCTS. IT WILL OUT LIVE ME IM SURE.

"buy this amp you wont be disapointed!!!!!!!" submitted April 14, 2004

By a customer from yahoo.com.au
Overall
Music Style: heavy metal.
Sound: it suits all types of playing. the effects arent over the top and the reverbs and delays sound really good. when in the rectifier setting you can achieve metallica to nirvana. while the britsh stack cries for you to play hendrix. clean sounds nice with a hint of verb and chorus or flange. it also has an acoustic and mic setting you can use. Feature: it came with the ac adaptor, saving me 20 bucks! it came with 4 built in boss effects (flanger, reverb, phase, and tremolo) saving me heaps. add delay/reverb and youve saved your self around 1000 bucks. the amp has a simulated speaker box out put and sounds really sweet through a power amp and quad box. Quality: built like a tank. ive pulled mine apart to mount with the controls facing out in a rack type situation. the construction was very good and electronics still work a treat. Value: best value for money like i said before i have this hooked up to a behringer power amp and 2 quad boxes. i also run a peavy rage for my distortion channel in to the same power amp and quads. i swith with an a-b splitter box home made and it still was cheaper than buying a cheap marshall stack. sound 100 times better too. The Wow Factor: it looks like a roland. i walked in to the shop after a cheap zoom multieffects pedal and walked out with this, even along side the zoom, marshall, behringer, fender can practice amp this was the best. in the middel price but best quality. Overall: top piece of machinery. it blows me away every time i turn it on.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The dern midget amp I've ever seen!" submitted January 1, 2005

Overall
Sound: The sound in this little thing rules! It is amazing! Feature: This thing has a lot of efx. It also has a lot of models for different sounds. Quality: This is a very durable amp. It's a strong little midget! Value: This amp is worth all the money with the features, sound quality, and portability. The Wow Factor: You, (including me) might be turned away from this one because the of the size, but you will regret not picking up this one. Overall: I am glad that I chose this amp. If I would replace it, it wouldn't be for a long time now and I would replace it with one that would be a little bit louder, not for the sound! This thing is perfect!

"Small but Mighty" submitted March 17, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: active musician (perform and teach)
Music Style: pop, rock, jazz, classical, contemporary
Sound: This amp is amazing for its size. It can really crank for 2 watts. BUT, I've had it a little over a year now, and its rattling. BUT, I've used the heck out of it. The Bass player ended up using MY amp, and I ended up playing a few gigs with this little thing. (Usually I run it through a board to a PA system, or run it through my Crate. It's great for adding effects.) It can fill a venue pretty well, but I don't think it was really meant for that... Still, it's a trooper for a "baby amp." Feature: I love the many options. I don't use most of them most of the time, but it's nice to be able to Kick It Up A Notch when I want to. The fact that it produces no sound when I hook it to the board is a bit inconvenient, but I hook up a trail of gizmos so I've got a headset on, which I think is better because I can hear myself over everyone else (I play lead guitar), and I can balance my volume against the other instruments pretty well so my sound level rests just on top of everything else but isn't sticking out too much. I must say, it took a bit of effort to come up with what to get and how to hook it all up, but it works really well. Ease of Use: Just plug and play. It's pretty self-explanatory. Though the fact that you have to hook stuff up so you can monitor yourself when you plug it into a board increases the difficulty level significantly. Though this may not be an issue for most people? Quality: Good. It's been lugged all over the place. Still looks good. It's rattling, but I think I probably blew out the speaker. I don't think it's reasonable to expect such a small amp to fill a venue and survive. Value: For the $, this is a great-sounding amp, with great modeling options. And it's light enough I can carry it around. And it runs off batteries. This came in handy once when I was setting up at a venue and discovered the adapter was not in my bag. A quick cell call and it was on the way, but I was able to continue on in the meantime. Manufacturer Support: I haven't ever contacted them. I will be seeing what can be done about the rattle. If nothing, I still think I got my money's worth! I'll definitely buy another one. The Wow Factor: It does what I want it to. I give lessons, and it's incredibly portable. I take it to gigs to add a little extra flavor to the sound. It's a great basic amp as well. I have a big amp that I rarely use. I use this one all the time. It's very powerful. Overall: I think I've already used this one up. Would definitely get another.

"best little amp on the market" submitted June 21, 2006

Overall
Music Style: country,jass,blues ect.
Sound: i was looking for a way of playing my electric guitar at events. ive tried acoustics guitars but they get drounded out by the crowd. i play finger picking style a lot of chet atkins material. so i need to ampify it to get that chet sound. the roland cube battery amp is my answer. it sounds like a lot bigger amp and the effects are good. i am later going to buy another and hook them together for a stero effect. i think even chet would have like one of these amps. Feature: i think it is a well design amp. Ease of Use: it is very easy to use and set up. it has awarm clean sound. it being so moble makes it a very useable amp. Quality: it looks great but more important is the sound. Value: yes i think it is worth the money because it is so much better than other amps in this class. Manufacturer Support: have not had to The Wow Factor: very apealling to any one who hears it. Overall: i will be very satisfied with this product for a long time.

"EXCELLENT LITTLE "BUSKING AMP"" submitted February 7, 2005

By a customer from HOTMAIL.COM
Musical Background: LOCAL " SESSION "MUSICIAN
Music Style: VARIOUS- COUNTRY/SCOTTISH TRADD/IRISH/ROCK & ORIGINAL
Sound: on the "acoustic" mode the sound is a bit low,..i reckon if a couple more watts could be added it would be ok Feature: soundly built -no complaints ! acessories..well as this is a portable amp and excellent for busking..i think a protective carrying case with a compartment for the mains adaptor & a lead or two..to protect it from the elements,would'nt go wrong,..i certainly would have bought one,as it is,i have to get one made. Quality: have just bought it,seems quite robust,..realiability "on the road" has to be tested yet,but as i said,a carrying case would certainly help. Manufacturer Support: no problems as yet ! The Wow Factor: THE "PORTABILITY" OF THIS WEE AMP IS THE MAIN APPEAL FOR ME,..A FEW OF MY FRIENDS WERE QUITE TAKEN WITH IT,AND MIGHT END UP BUYING ONE FOR THEMSELVES. ...COOL !...WAS THE WORD ... Overall: IF A COUPLE MORE WATTS COULD BE ADDED...THAT IN MY VIEW WOULD "COMPLETE" THE PACKAGE..AND WORTH PAYING A FEW POUNDS MORE FOR.

"All the hype is true, it just rocks!" submitted August 23, 2006

Music Style: Thrash, Jazz, Blues, Electronica
Sound: Check out the sound samples from this site. They're accurate. This little thing is extremely versatile. The rectifier chug is about 80% as good as my full rig, which in a practice amp is just mind blowing. I LOVE this amp! Feature: I comes with what you need, a cable, and the power supply. These days, a company that doesn't make you pay an extra $25 for the power supply should be praised! Features? Again, for a practice amp I'm blown away. I has a set up very useful and varied amp sims, with a nice compliment of effects built in. I can plug my iPod into the back and pratice to anything. It allows the plugged in device to control it's own volume while the amp controls affect only the guitar, making it easy to balance the sounds. It even has a reference tone generator built in for tuning. Ease of Use: I tried out the comparable amps from a number of companies and they all sounded like dirt. (not musical dirt either) I can get a smooth Jazz tone, a perfect recreation of the intro to Rush's Closer to the Heart, a good Bluesy bite, or a full blown Anthrax shred by turning 2 knobs. I can't dial it in quite as precisely as I can with my full setup, but that's not the point of a practice amp is it? Quality: I've owned the amp for a year and no sign of trouble. I don't drag it around too often, but it has seen a mix of indoor and outdoor use and seems to hold up very well. Value: It is sooo absolutely worth the price! I'm 36 now. I can't believe how good the quality is on such inexpensive gear! My first amp was a $300 Peavy and it absolutely sucked compared to the Roland. The Wow Factor: If I didn't own it, I'd want it. If it breaks, I'll buy another. It's the most impressive piece of gear I've purchased in 10 years. (ok, I don't buy tons of gear, but still...) Overall: I bought this amp to set under an end table in my living room. It stays there most of the time, but a few weeks after I got it, hurricane Wilma took out my power for 10 days and I played through this amp daily on batteries. I've used it as a little PA for cub scout meetings, brought it to neighborhood bonfires, and played through it out back at cookouts, all using the same set of batteries. It's a swiss army knife.

"The MicroCube blew me away!" submitted November 6, 2006

By a customer from savingcross.com
Overall
Musical Background: Active hobbyist with nearly 20 years on guitar and 30 years on piano
Music Style: I like all styles ('ceptin Bluegrass) with a nod toward classic rock
Sound: For practice amp use this is a incredible item. It has far more power than the two watt rating indicates; the tone is right on, and it even does a very solid job on the lower sounds. I have not heard an amp this small put out the sound that this little box does! Is it perfect? no... A little more base would make this incredible, and more power is always welcome... but if mine ever died I would buy another MicroCube right away. Feature: Again perfect as a practice amp! The amp models are VERY well done, and the effects sound and feel more solid state than software. Also the "tuning fork" function is a nice addition. My only caveat, I wish I could use some of the effects more in tandem. The several effects are on three knobs, and you can only choose one effect on knob one, one on knob two, etc. Overall Awesome! Ease of Use: It doesn't come any easier. Quality: Extremely well put together, no poorly fitted parts or badly finished edges. I haven't had a problem with this amp from day one! Value: I would always like things to cost less, but at $125. American, I haven't found anything else that comes across with the quality, features, sound, and portability of my Microcube. I would pay more for this product if I needed it and they had raised their prices... just don't tell Roland! Manufacturer Support: I haven't had a problem with this product at all, but I have worked with thier keyboard group and they are very helpful! The Wow Factor: People are knocked out when they hear the quality and scope of sounds that this little amp produces. My wife and daughter think it looks cute and sounds great, my son and I think it sounds incredible and looks very cool! Overall: I expect this to be the only practice amp I will ever need! I would rebuy in a second!

"This may be the worlds best little practice amp!!" submitted June 23, 2004

By a customer from juno.com
Overall
Sound: The sound capabilities are great but remember it only has a 5 inch speaker. Sound is much better through headphones or running through an amp. Feature: Awesome effects and multiple amp modeling!! Gain knob gives you a lot of control over each model. Is plenty loud for a two watt amp. Very versitle for practice or live patched to your PA or even through another amp. Can practice silently through headphones which is a must for a true practice amp. Having battery power when no outlet is around really makes this rig go anywhere. Quality: Have had the amp only a few weeks but it is very solid and obviously well built. No loose parts or blemishes, perfect. I have no doubt this thing is going to last a long time. Value: Really get a lot for your money in a small package. I looked around alot and didn't find anything to compare with what this amp can do in this price range. Manufacturer Support: Have not delt with the company other than regeristing the product online. From what I know Roland has a good reputation. The Wow Factor: The square cube is cool looking! I have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe that I keep at a friend's house for our weekly practices but needed something small /and quiet for home when the wife and kids are around. I think this is the perfect practice amp. Overall: I expect to have this little amp for a long, long time. If it were lost or stolen I wouldn't hesitate to get another one. The versatility of this amp will let me do a lot of experimenting with my sound without buying a bunch of pedals.

"Great little amp for jamming and festival use!" submitted June 9, 2011

By a customer from verizon.net
Music Style: Western swing
Sound: The Micro Cube sounds quite excellent to my ears, to the extent that I often use it when practicing, instead of my regular 80W amp. Feature: The effects work well, although there's limited control of them. I don't find this a problem; I didn't buy this amp to go tweaking effects parameters. Ease of Use: The Micro Cube is plug & play, as it should be! Quality: This amp seems very sturdy and is good looking, as well. Women find it "cute"... Value: I think it's a good deal, at its selling price. Manufacturer Support: I've had no reason to contact the manufacturer. The Wow Factor: I bought the white version, and it's quite cool looking, by any standards. Overall: I bought this amp for use with a lap steel at festivals, and it should serve that purpose very well. Last month, I plugged it into a PA system and played onstage with it; it sounded fine.

"Best Acoustic Travel Amp Ever!" submitted December 25, 2004

By a customer from excite.com
Musical Background: Former musician, current hobbyist
Music Style: Folk,Country,Rock
Sound: The sound quality was so much more than I expected. This little beast is the perfect addition to my playing style. I play rock, Country,Folk, Classical you name it. The various effects are very "clean" thus encouraging me to play even more. This is the best amp of this type ever made and I've been playing since 1959... Feature: No extras or goodies but you do get a VERY HIGH Quality amp for a very modest price. I'm completely happy. The "features" this amp provides are all the extras you need. Phlanger, Chorus, delay so many different sounds from 1 great little amp! Quality: Fit and Finish are superb. This is the perfect travel / party amp. Value: Great value for the money. Manufacturer Support: NA The Wow Factor: The compact design is brilliant and the build quality is extraordinary! It's also very sexay. Overall: I like everything about this amp. Sounds great Does what it's supposed to do Attractive Sturdy A bargain for the money.

"ASS KICKING LITTLE AMP!!" submitted December 4, 2006

Overall
Sound: For what it is, IT REALLY captures a full sound and tonal range for just about any practice application. People should recognize, appreciate, and understand that you can Feature: Great little selector switch with easy to use dialed tones. Cool Audio in with two different size inputs to play to your favorite music. Great battery life. I have played for hours with my 6 AA batteries that are in it. Never need to use the AC Adaptor really unless its plugged in, and used a lot (like a work bench, or practice room for students, etc..) Quality: Heavy duty, rough corners to take abuse, and solid. i could probably stand on it and i'm 240 lbs... Value: oh yeah, it replaced so much traveling gear, and stuff for me. it's now a carry on sizd item if need be!

"The Definitive Practice Amp!" submitted December 6, 2005

Music Style: new gazer
Sound: For a practice amp below 15 watts, and with a speaker smaller than 8", it is hard not to think this mini amp has the best and most versatile sound out there. The different amp models alone in an amp this size is unbelievable. Plus, they sound good. Feature: What other practice amp is so small, has fx + delay/reverb, and multiple amp models? Plus it has a digitial "tuning fork" so you can stay in tune. All you need is a guitar and cable. This is the best home practice amp that has ever come out. Quality: Roland builds solid equipment, and this seems like no exception. Value: So it's a little expensive. More expensive than the next size up Roland Cube amp. But if you need something extra-small that sounds great, it is worth it. Manufacturer Support: Never had to contact them, but it is easy to register online. The Wow Factor: This amp has made my bedroom practice time way more enjoyable. I used to only practice when the whole band got together. Now it is fun to work on my licks at home. Overall: This is the only practice amp on the market that gives me everything I want in one box. Don't need a tuner, don't need pedals, & it fits on the nightstand so I can put a pillow against the wall, lay back, and stretch my fingers.

"Jaw-Dropping-Cool" submitted February 10, 2006

By a customer from cableone.net
Music Style: rock/alternative
Sound: every bit as good as the other amps you would practice with. Feature: Wow what a fun amp to use... I LOVE it... it fits in my luggage and have taken it to hotels to play...I am just stunned with this. The Wow Factor: I think that it would take a hit from a uranium enriched missle head and still be able to play it. Overall: I tried alot of amps that are small and just love this one.

"Nice, small and warm" submitted December 3, 2007

By a customer from tiscali.it
Musical Background: Hobbiyst
Music Style: Blues and Hard Rock
Sound: Nice sounds, very warm for a micro transistor amlifier. very nice effects. Feature: good range of effects, really great reverb Ease of Use: really easy to use Quality: from what I can see it's quite well built and strong. Value: quality for just 75 eur Manufacturer Support: none at the moment and I hope none for the future The Wow Factor: how could you not want it ? Overall: great product

Roland Micro Cube Amp Customer Review submitted January 9, 2007

Overall
Music Style: alternative rock, classic rock, country, jazz
Sound: i tried all the other amps in the store with the guitar i bought, and for the price and size and durability and features and everything else, i just had to buy this one. i thought my parents were going to be mad, but then i started playing it and they just smiled and walked away. Feature: it came with everything it needed to, minus the batteries (which weren't expected anyways). i love the look of it too. i thought i liked black most, but the white one looks surprisingly nicer. Ease of Use: a little tricky to figure it out, but mostly because i'm a beginner and i didn't know what a lot of the features meant. i sure found out pretty quick though. Quality: rock solid. haven't played it long or hard enough to figure out what it's really made of, but i'm sure by reading some of the other reviews, i won't be disappointed. Value: i'd expect to pay more for this amp, but i'm sure glad i didn't. Manufacturer Support: haven't dealt with them. The Wow Factor: sexy looks and sexy sound. Overall: very good. i was looking around for a while at some of the other brands, but i am a very satisfied customer.

"If ur lookin' for somethin with minor efx this is wut u want." submitted May 24, 2005

By DONT EMAIL ME PLZ NO OFFENSE
Music Style: Classic Rock, Pop/Rock
Sound: It's got pretty decent sound. This is something just to mess around with. Feature: It's got Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, and Tremelo EFX. It's got 6 amp types: Acoustic, JC Clean Black Panel...just read about it. Quality: I think the quality is good. I accidently dropped it and it still worked perfect. Value: I dont think its worth $125, just a little less. Manufacturer Support: I rated it 10 cuz nothings wrong with it. The Wow Factor: If ur like me and u like mini things cuz thur cool then ur gonna like this Overall: I think im gonna like this one for a while.

"Ounce for Ounce a powerhouse" submitted October 26, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: noviced, just play for fun
Music Style: blues, folk, accoustic rock etc....
Sound: As far as the mini-amps go, this one beats all of the others hands down Feature: More features than some of the bigger amps I have seem, AC power sorce included!!!! That in and of itself is pretty speical. Since most companies charge you an extra 18 bucks or so for one Quality: I think that it has the same crate toughness that its bigger brothers have Value: a little pricy, but almost anything that is really good is. Manufacturer Support: never used it The Wow Factor: great compact package... lots of sound Overall: I have not been disapointed at all with this unit, if it wears out gets lost or something, I would buy another

"Good little amp" submitted January 20, 2006

By a customer from yahoo.de
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Country, and Oldies
Sound: This amp has very good sound the COSM modeling sounds great I like the Mesa rectifier the best Feature: The effects sound great I've even used them live a couple of times when my other pedals were not working and the recording quality is good there is one thing I don't like and it is the fact that with the modeling it limits you to using only the onboard effects I tried using my DS-2 with it and it sound really bad so if I want to use my foot pedals I use my old fender Front man Quality: Feels rock solid and I like the fact that It has a metal grille even for being so small Value: for an amp this good I'm surprised the price was so low Manufacturer Support: I have never dealt with Roland on anything Overall: I think this practice amp should hold out for many years to come only time will tell

"good stuff" submitted October 24, 2005

By a customer from fukyou.com
Overall
Musical Background: active musician, song writer, worship band lead guitarist
Music Style: rock, alternative, worship, heavy metal, emo
Sound: what an awesome amp.. the sound is surprisingly loud.. i use it at church to play for my youth, and it's so loud i have to put it on volume knob 4.. out of 10 Feature: so many effects man.. haha but it's hard to use them live since you can't really control it while playing Quality: REALLY nice tone.. it sounds just like my stage Fender amp ($300) Value: it's a good price, and i ain't complaining.. but maybe wait till becomes a bit cheaper.. it's worth the money tho The Wow Factor: hell yea, go get one if you travel and love guitar Overall: top notch

"Great Bang for the Buck!" submitted June 17, 2012

By Renee R
Music Style: Broad range
Overall: Sounds good, portable, easy to use...couldn't ask for more at that price point! I have no comment on manufacturer support because I haven't needed any support, and that is why I rated support lower. It's wow because I was expecting as great a little portable amp as I got. I had tried other brands of portable amps, but this is in a class of its own. It is far superior to the others, and when I'm ready to upgrade, I will definitely take a look at the higher priced Roland Street model.

"The little amp that could!" submitted February 22, 2008

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Music Style: Rock, Country, Alternative
Sound: I used this little amp at a practice session with a friend. He asked me try it and I was amazed. The sound quality you get from this tiny box is truly impressive. It actually projects a warm bottom end. Nice onboard effects - expect no less from Roland. Feature: Battery operated - You can take it camping, to the park, on a boat. It makes it a lot of fun. Ease of Use: The size is perfect for a quick practice tool. I just strap it to my gig bag & go. The set-up is real easy and takes no time to get used. Quality: So far so good. A well built product. Value: There is no way to get more bang for your buck. No other amp this small will sound nearly this good! Manufacturer Support: Wouldn't actually know. I bet the Roland Support Department is a lot like the Maytag Repairman. The Wow Factor: Sex appeal? It comes in RED. How much more sex appeal do you need? Overall: I plan to be playing this little amp for many years to come. It can go with you anywhere, sounds great, and has some really nice features. It is a GREAT VALUE!

"A "kickass sugar cube" of an amp with great sound and features, that is so portable you'll be playing and having fun a lot more" submitted August 16, 2004

By a customer from rogers.com
Overall
Music Style: Blues. Folk. Classical. And one day maybe, just maybe Flamenco.
Sound: The jc120 sound is very sweet, it has that real nice shimmer that the genuine jc120 has. I was playing my Highway 1 Telecaster through it and boy did this little amp put a smile on my face. You know an amp, and I mean any amp, sounds great when it magically inspires you to do new things on the guitar almost every time you pick it up. That, in my opinion, is the highest compliment I can give to an amp. Feature: Glad to see an AC adapter comes with this little "kickass sugar cube" of an amp. Built in tuning tones is a nice little feature. I love tubes, but you can't beat this amp's portability AND great sound. The effects are right on and very usable. Quality: This amp looks great. It looks like it could take some abuse and still deliver. The only thing I'd change is the cone material which is paper, even though a lot of amps use paper I would go with polypropelene(hope I spelled it right) since this material doesn't get affected by moisture like paper does. I'd like to see this amp with 5 watts, instead of the two watts it comes with. The Wow Factor: It's got good looks and the features are pretty cool. Overall: I'll take this amp out more often than any other amp I own, unless output is important for that particular occasion then that's another matter. I'm curious about the 15 watt model and how it sounds. A small amp that's light, easy to use, great sounding and has neat features with 20-25 watts would be ideal, something smaller than my Champ 110, with at least an 8" poly cone.

"Great little Harp Amp." submitted August 21, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: Band Director. also play Harmonica, Washtub bass, Bones and vocal
Music Style: 1920-40s tunes. and some harmonica Blues
Sound: I use it with my Special 20 harmonicas Have used all the settings some bright some dirty. Great sounds. I play in a retirement center band. The audience loves my harmonica sound. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: I like the way it looks mine is red. Looks very compact and professional.

"Cool Little Box" submitted February 20, 2012

By Allen J
Music Style: blues, rock
Overall: It is small and easy to transport which is really cool where I am. With the different settings it saves having to have a set of pedals with the traveling I do so it is one less thing to have to carry around. All around a good deal if you travel as much as I do. It is a great little practice amp or travel buddy.

"Some serious futuristic magic in this little baby!!" submitted September 7, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: songwriter/guitarist, drummer and keyboard player in a couple of bands
Music Style: rock, pop, alternative, hardcore/punk
Sound: When I got this I wasn't sure how it would sound - I've always hated practice or tiny amps - I always thought they sounded like lame little toys, but not this baby! The Roland Micro Cube sounds amazing! I am totally blown away by how it sounds (but then again I love the Roland Stereo Jazz Chorus solid state amps) and can't believe how loud this thing gets!! Very awesome sound for the money - and I am impressed at the COSM amp modelling it does. I really like the different amp simulators and think they sound pretty good. Also, I don't know whose souls Roland sold, or if they're actually from the future because they put some serious magic in this little black box! I can't wrap my head around it, but I am constantly amazed at how loud this supposed 2Watt amp sounds!! I mean I normally keep the Vol under 3 or 4 at most not to piss the neighbors off in the next house over. It's totally powerful to play a small club/coffee house with a live drum kit and hold it's own volume-wise in the mix. And all this on 6 AA batteries??? How the hell can they do that?? I mean mine came with the adapter too, but I rarely use it as the batteries can power it for months of playing. Plus the sounds are even better when I plug my guitar into my effects pedals and into the Cube. It sounds good through headphones too!! I give it a 9 only because there could be a tiny touch more warmth/bass in the Acoustic amp setting - but no matter the chorus effects make it sound pretty! Otherwise this is a 10 for the sound it creates... Feature: This thing is packed with features for an amp of this size and price. It's amp simulators are great, effects are decent, and inputs/outputs (1/4" jack guitar/mic in, Headphones/Line out) are all just what you need. Plus this thing is very light and its strap is strong and useful. If you wanted to you could easily hang it off a strap on your side/back while you play guitar and walk around busking in the subway or streets for money and be able to play really loud if you wanted. It's also so portable being so tiny and light - and the fact that it's not a toy at all, means I can take it anywhere for an impromptu jam session with friends and not have to lug huge gear around. The pressure sensitive tuning fork button is a nice touch as well - I generally don't need a tuner as they are built into my guitars, but if you didn't have one this would do quite nicely. Ease of Use: totally a piece of cake. It's a simple straightforward amp with Tone, Gain and Volume controls, an amp modelling switch and a couple of effects knobs. They are grouped with Chorus, Flanger, Phaser and Tremolo on one knob (which means you can pick one of those at a time only) and Reverb, Delay on the other knob (so you could say have Chorus and Reverb, or Flanger and Delay etc). This layout makes it easy to quickly find the sound you like (and the Micro Cube's versatility makes that a whole lot of choices). Quality: This amp although light is built quite solidly and seems well made - it doesn't feel like it could break easily at all. Roland has yet again won me over with another of their products. (I own the Edirol FA-101 audio interface which is awesome and just got a v-drums lite HD-1 kit which I am awaiting at the moment). These Roland products I already have made me think that the new drum kit would certainly be a quality product so I wouldn't mind paying a *little* more for Roland gear. - But hey, the Micro Cube is pretty cheap in my book for what it is. Value: I love Roland's solid state sound and think this is amazing value for the money. Other tiny amps I've tried are total crap in comparison. Manufacturer Support: I've had this for over 4 years and had no problems whatsoever with it. It seems brnad new after all this time and doesn't even mind using rechargable batteries. This thing is amazing. So I gave this a 10 anyway even though I've had no need to contact Roland for support. The Wow Factor: Well... It does look cool and doesn't look like a toy up close with the metal and thick rubber bumpers and normal knobs etc, but the size of it (which I actually like) makes people think it's a toy until they hear it and then are like "WOW! that little thing sounds that BIG??" so it's kind of deceptive in its looks... Overall: Overall it's the best practice/all-purpose/very-small-gigging amp around!! Totally perfect for my needs and probably most guitarists who don't have roadies to carry everything around for them.

"Good Things Come in Small Packages" submitted December 22, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: Student, soon-to-be-band member...
Music Style: Classical violin, some celtic, rock....
Sound: I must say, that playing the electric violin rather than guitar, I have had only good sound with this thing, so I have to assume that it is just as incredible with guitar. The amp modeling is incredible, though only a few of the models are not usable with the electric violin. I just plug the violin right in, and off I go! Love the built in effects as well... they're very high quality, so they will do you good. Just a generally AWESOME little thing. I live in an apartment, and it isn't too loud to annoy the neighbors when on the acoustic setting, but if you put in on any other amp model setting, you can get some real volume out of that itty bitty thing...I can get from a perfect acoustic sound, to a more Jimi Hendrix style, all the way to full on thrash metal... Feature: Some of the amp models aren't really good for use with the electic violin, but this was created with the guitarist in mind... so what can I say? Everything is extremely useful and well thought out and put together... Quality: Sturdy, great effects, small size makes it easy to travel with, does the job and well. Value: Oooh, woth every single penny... Manufacturer Support: Can't say... haven't worked with 'em yet. The Wow Factor: Umm, I wouldn't think that an amp has any "sex appeal", but sure.... this one might.... :/ Overall: Great stuff! Great stuff! Great stuff! I know that many of the electric violinist that I know of shop here, and they need some input as well... so, this is for those e-violinists, get one... you won't be let down.... good things come in small packages, and this is a REALLY good thing!

"An Amazing Amp." submitted October 10, 2008

By a customer from live.ca
Musical Background: Leisure Guitarist
Music Style: Jazz, Reggae, Speed Rock.
Sound: The Tones Of This Amp is Amazing. From The Acoustic etc. It is amazing. It is very very loud, just turn up the gain and you could even compare it to a standard size amp. Feature: The Tones and the effects are awesome, face it, you can't get a better practise amp than this. it's like a monster trapped in a small cage. Value: Value is amazing. I know a couple of amps that are double this price and the roland can beat it anytime! Manufacturer Support: This amp is so good you dont even need support. The Wow Factor: This is like a beginners and a pros dream. Sex appeal (You can just make up a song for your girlfriend and they'll love it + it comes in red!) I use this small amp to bring at school for my band and just jam. It's really light. The only minor problem i have with it is just that people underestimate what this amp could do. It's also battery powered so you could jam to your tunes on the bus using your headphones. Overall: Just buy it. If you have a daughter or son this is the best beginner portable amp you can get them.

"a mini powerhouse" submitted October 4, 2005

Musical Background: Experienced amateur
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Classical
Sound: Incredible variety of sounds from such an inexpensive, convenient amp. Feature: Very easy to use, just a few knobs to select wide variety of tones. Haven't tried it on battery power yet. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to seek support. The Wow Factor: Heavier than other mini-amps. Otherwise it's all I wanted.

Roland Micro Cube Amp Customer Review submitted November 1, 2007

Overall
Sound: The sound is decent, for a standard size practice amp, although i would not compare it to a full size amp. for its size, it is pretty good sounding. the three clean amp models are pretty similar. "acoustic" is nice sounding, but "jazz chorus" and "black ???" sound pretty similar, a more electric clean, with the black one being a little "rockier". the "brit combo" has a nice tone, and the "rectifier" really chugs, but you have to tweak "classic" alot to prevent muddy sounds. "classic" is almost always muddy. i don't like classic. The effects are pretty good. it has two knobs, one with "flanger/phasor/chorus/tremelo". with the exception of chorus, those are'nt really useful effects, or at least not in my opinion. the "delay/reverb" knob is rather good, as it does well. the sound of the effects is pretty good, as they are made by boss. because it has amp models in it, 3 clean and 3 dirty, there is no "distortion" or "overdrive". the "gain" knob affects the sensativity on the clean ones, and the crunch on the dirty ones. the tone knob is usefull for reducing background noise, and too-sharp highs. i actually had to lower my pickup when the highs were far louder the the bass. it is a PRACTICE amp. not a full size. you will be dissapointed if you look to hear great sound from it. it would be fine for impromptu performances and playing on the streets, though. Feature: It has a good selection of effects for a amp of this size and cost. it has a dc adapter, and the batteries last a good 20-24 hours. it takes six AA. Ease of Use: are you stupid? its a amp. you plug it in, and play. if you aren't stupid, you can handle it. Quality: Well built, solid and powerful. i do NOT expect it to break. Value: for 125 you get a great deal for your money. Overall: This is 125 dollars well spent. you will get a good sounding, portable, durable amp.

"A good amp for the beginner" submitted June 4, 2009

Overall
Sound: This amp is a very awesome amp for the low budget, and it's small and portable too. The clear sounds are great, and the extra added features were awesome. My problem, however, is the distortion- it sounds too electronic, not real, hardcore distortion like most musicians use. Also, while the clear sound moves up in scale to distortion very slowly, the distortion scale skips from [like] mild distortion to max distortion (Not much in between) Feature: Except for the bad distortion, it has bunch of amazing features, such as phaser and flanger.(These were used in Killer's hit song "Somebody told me")The fact that it's portable and takes batteries is a great assistance, meaning you can move it practically anywhere. It offers many other features, including but not limited to: tone, dealy, tremolo, and reverb. Ease of Use: Very easy amp to use. Most of the features are clearly labeled, and the only hard thing to find for the new-comer would be the power switch, which is located behind the speaker. Quality: It has very good looks, and when I bought it, there was not a single scratch or blemish. However, I haven't seen a bad quality amp before (this does not include amps that have been mishandled) Value: I'd say this product is worth it. It's very small and convenient, and has many useful features. Only the distortion is the problem....... Manufacturer Support: I never had to deal with Roland. This amp hasn't broken down yet in the 2 years I have used it. The Wow Factor: It has multiple colors and is very small and compact. Like those new "hip" cellphones Overall: Buy this product if you are beginning guitar. It will help you decide how you want to go from there to a specialized amp, but until then, this one will do fine

Roland Micro Cube Amp Customer Review submitted December 1, 2006

Overall
Sound: great overdrive great effects, but no eq which really messes things up Feature: over 200 dollars worth of effects in one little amp! can usse batteries and is surprisingly really loud Ease of Use: nothing could be easier Quality: its roland, which is also boss. everyone knows boss stuff can be thrown out of a window without breaking Value: an amp like that should be 200 dollars Manufacturer Support: never had to The Wow Factor: the best (kinda)

Roland Micro Cube Amp Customer Review submitted September 15, 2004

Musical Background: Hobbyist, "Active Musician
Music Style: Rock, "Alternative
Sound: rechargable batteries would do the tric in my case Value: the box can do alot of great stuf

Roland Micro Cube Amp Customer Review submitted November 24, 2004

Overall
Sound: NO! its freakin perfect! Feature: I loved the components! There is so much to do

Roland Micro Cube Amp Customer Review submitted February 14, 2006

Sound: This amp is awsome. It has a great clean sound and awsome overdrive.

Roland Micro Cube Amp Customer Review submitted September 12, 2005

Overall
Feature: The quality is great and with the effects it sounds awesome! Quality: I never had any trouble with it Value: Its worth the full price Overall: I dislike the size of it, but if you want all of the effects and size you should buy the Roland 30 Cube

"Little Marvel" submitted July 18, 2007

Music Style: Rock / Pop / Jazz
Sound: Sounds great! This is the loudest 2-watt amp I have ever heard. I like the variety of amp models compared to other small Rolands; they suit my playing style(s) better. Feature: The selection of amp models is great for me, and the available effects choices are very good, especially in this price range. Having separate chorus / flange /phaser /tremolo and reverb / echo is nice. Ease of Use: The effects controls are pretty nice - having single knobs that move continuously through multiple effects is nicer than having "notched" switches, although having to turn the knobs to switch effects is a compromise to meet space & price objectives. The small power switch on the back is a pain to find, though; wish they could have put it on the top panel with the rest of the controls. Quality: Very well constructed; a little heavy for its size but it seems very sturdy. Value: Excellent combinations of sound, features, and size for the price. It's a very good deal for the current selling price. I've been playing for about 40 years and can't recall an ampw with such a good combination of sound / features / price. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used Roland support except to register the amp and get an account on their website. The Wow Factor: Really neat little amp. Overall: I think this will last me easily for 5 years or more; I bought it to have an amp to go with a new guitar at my second home. I have quite a few amps so would not be looking for a replacement in any case; I'd be more interested in adding vintage amps at this point.

Roland Micro Cube Amp Customer Review submitted December 15, 2004

Sound: i was playin on it at the guitar store, and it blew me away. he set me up with it and i didn't expect too much after he took me off the $400 fender amp i was playin on. it was just as good. its amazing. don't let the size fool you, this is a powerful amp. its perfect for me, i travel alot, its wicked small and easy to take around. wicked light.

"its pretty good" submitted June 12, 2005

Musical Background: Virtuoso
Music Style: Classic Rock/Metal
Sound: the speaker is pretty good, surprisingly loud. the speaker sounds a little to bassy for my taste. Feature: it has chorus, flanger, phaser, tremelo, delay, reverb, and 6 different guitar amp models. the only thing i dont like about it is the fact that it doesnt have the bass/mid/treble knobs. it just has a tone knob. Quality: its very durable The Wow Factor: its a little to tiny for the chix to dig it Overall: yup

"Great little amp." submitted February 14, 2005

Musical Background: Active Musician, Guitar Teacher
Music Style: Folk, Rock, Country, Pop, Alternative, Classical, Flamenco, etc.
Sound: Makes lots of noise for 2 watts. Lots of options, and possible combinations, so you can get an amazing variety of sounds. Hint: Adjusting the gain, and which sound channel you choose, have a huge effect of the potential volume. Feature: Runs on batteries, or an A/C adapter (included). I got this to fulfill 2 purposes: 1) small amp I can take with me to rehearsals and lessons (I teach and perform). This is very lightweight. I can carry my guitar in one hand, and this amp and my bag of music, etc. in the other, and the amp and bag o'stuff weighs less than the guitar. 2) monitor for performances. I've got it plugged into the main board, with every thing coming through it, and I've found the different settings give me a different balance with the other elements. The 2nd "clean" setting makes me louder with everything else in the background. I initially tried it on one of the stack settings because those seem to be the loudest. It was pretty nice, but then the acoustic rhythm guitar came in and just about blew me and everyone else in front of the amp out the back wall of the building! I had no idea you could get that much noise out of a 2 watt amp! We tried some other settings and found the clean setting is much better... Quality: Very sturdy for a small, light-weight box. Value: Does a lot, and makes a lot of noise, for such a small amp. You can get a comparably sized amp for the same price, but none of the others give so many tone options. And this puppy can get loud! And it has a built-in tuner!! Manufacturer Support: No idea, hope I don't need to find out. Roland seems to be a well-established company, so? Did come with a warrantee card... The Wow Factor: I got it. I'm happy with it. What more can I say? Overall: I wanted a lightweight amp that had plenty of power. This is that and more. It can run on batteries, has a built-in tuner, and great sound and effects options. If I needed to replace this amp, I'd definitely get another like it. I have a 200-watt amp. Plenty of power, but too big and heavy to carry around on a daily basis. This Micro Cube takes care of my need for a good quality light-weight amp.

When you call, mention priority code 15H6-4LSF. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976