When you call, mention priority code 12D2-TM0N

Rating and Reviews: Remo Earth Djembe

This key-tuned djembe features a FiberSkyn 3 drumhead, Acousticon shell and drum key-tunable lugs, making it the ideal hand drum for your next drum circle or acoustic folk gig.

Overall

"Best bang for the buck, a purchase for a lifetime..." submitted January 3, 2012

Overall
Musical Background: been musical all my life. Have played piano, guitar, and percussion, but drums are my love. Play in a worship bands
Music Style: whatever has a rhythm, although rock and christian music are favorites
Sound: My drum arrived on time and packaged very well. I would certainly use this company again. I had done a lot of research on the Remo key tuned djembes and knew that they have a ringing sound (or as some put it, an after tone) when striking the head. Mine was no exception. I had read that I could use weather stripping inside the drum to tone some of this down as well as putting a Remo Nuskin drum head on, removing the Fiberskyn 3 that is standard on their drums. I did both and definitely see a difference in the sound. I am very happy with the results. I am a missionary and live in Southern Mexico, in the mountains, where the weather is wet and cold for a few days, then warm and dry others so I knew I couldn't opt for a more traditional wooden djembe with a natural skin head. I play in the church worship band and also want to start a drum circle eventually. I carry my drum on my back to and from the church so needed a drum that could take the occasional bumps. After all my research, the Remo seemed to fit the bill the best. It takes any weather any time, is super sturdy and fairly light weight (I have the 14 inch Earth djembe so there is a little weight), and the sound is great now that I've made the modifications. Remo has a great reputation and now I know why. Product reviews mean everything to me as I shop online living where I do. I hope this review helps and encourages you to try a Remo drum. You just can't go wrong for the money and money is certainly an issue for me. God bless, Deb Feature: Waterproof and very durable drum and drum head. Weight much less than a wooden drum of this size. Quality: Remo makes an excellent product. I've seen other Remo drums full of dings but still sounding great. As I mentioned, I bought the 14" Remo Earth djembe and it's a beautiful drum, very happy with the finish and appears to be quite durable. I bought a Remo djembe bag to protect it as much as possible carrying it around, whether traveling on buses, or walking back and forth from home to church for worship. Value: ZZounds had the best price on this drum when I was shopping around, and I shopped for a couple of months online. As I mentioned before, I don't think you can beat Remo for the quality and durability you get for the money. Manufacturer Support: This is my first time working with ZZounds and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. I never contacted anyone, just ordered online with no problems at all. Quick service and I was impressed with how well the drum was packed for shipping. Overall: I'll have this drum for good. It fits right into my lifestyle, ready for any situation I need it in, and capable of traveling on Mexican buses or in the back of vans or trucks. When I do get a drum circle going, it is a great drum to use for beginners and I don't need to worry about it getting hurt or out of tune. I may eventually get a nicer wooden djembe with a natural skin head, but for now, this is perfect for my needs. If this djembe were lost or stolen soon, I would definitely replace it with the same drum.

"Good Djembe" submitted August 5, 2011

Musical Background: Active
Music Style: Various
Sound: The sound quality is great. good deep bases and clear overtones. Feature: Hardware is handsome and metal, very durable. Ease of Use: Its a djembe...can't really mess this one up. Quality: All post consumer content while still 100% wood. I think personally that the consistency of the density in the shell compares favorably to solid mahogany. Value: Great quality for the price. Manufacturer Support: NA The Wow Factor: This isn't a Meinl or some other fancier model, but it does have a grassroots appeal. Overall: This is a keeper

"The best darn product review you'll ever read!! I LOVE IT!!" submitted January 14, 2011

Music Style: African, Middle-eastern
Sound: I have owned and played my 16" remo for 9 years. The bass is deep and resonant, with nice sharp slaps. The fiberskyn head is VERY durable, as I have even played mine in the rain on several occasions. (try THAT with a natural skin head!!) Remo djembes can be a little overpowering at times, so I always carry several pieces of soft leather (goat, deer, elk, etc) to lay over the head. My friends call them my rhythm rags. lol It softens the resonance when you play and gives the drum a whole new sound. It really is something to try. Feature: There are many addition for any djembe and the remo lends itself to most. For instance I wouldn't recommend using mallets on a remo whereas you can on a djembe with a natural head. You can however attach bells or shakers to the tuning bolts with ease. The drum is easily key tuned to fit into any situation or playing style, any ability level, and both recorded and live performances. Ease of Use: Having a 16" remo can be a little unwieldy at times. You can get around this by using a drum stand. They are fairly simple to make but there are many varieties and styles available. With the key tuning capability the drum can be tuned for any taste or playing style, any ability level, and several modifications can be made to accent sound or style. Quality: I have been playing my drum for 9 years. With the fiberskyn head the drum can be played in conditions where a natural head simply will not work. I've played it in the sun, in the rain, and from temperatures from 110 degrees down to 18 degrees with no loss of head tension or sound quality. My drum has been dropped, kicked, and has rolled around in the back of my pickup and as such has some minor blemishes and scratches from such a hard life, but is still in perfect working order!! Value: The retail price on the 16" djebme has come down quite a bit since I bought mine 9 years ago. I would happily buy another. They are definitely worth the price. The Wow Factor: This drum DEFINITELY has stage presence. Great sound, great quality. I played a remo djembe once and HAD to get one. Overall: I will play my drum until I can't anymore. If it ever breaks I will DEFINITELY get a new one.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Here lies the truth about this product!!" submitted August 19, 2004

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Music Style: Contemporary Christian
Sound: I own the 14" and it gives a very rich sound and low bases. It is the perfect size to use to play with a band. Feature: The tunability of this drum is great because there are alot of points of tuning to allow for perfection in your sound quality to match with other instruments. Quality: I have dropped mine twice and it is still perfect. These drums are tough and even weather proof. who could ask for more. Value: I think the price for this is ok....it could be cheaper, but quality might get compromised. Pay more....expect more. Remo makes a beautiful and rich sounding piece of equipment. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: I liked the earth texture because it was easier to grip while playing seated. The rough texture is nice to hide any scratches. Overall: This drum should last forever if taken care of.
24 of 29 people (82.76%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 12D2-TM0N. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976