When you call, mention priority code 14QT-XQXL
  • Mon 10AM - 6PM (EST)
  • Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: QSC KW152 PA Speaker

Upgrade your 2-way system with this professional-quality loudspeaker from QSC. It features a lightweight, birch design and 1000-watt class D power module.

"For the Bucks you can't go wrong" submitted October 18, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: pro I toured in the big league back in the day
Music Style: Rock.Funk and blues
Sound: I am using it to replace some older JBL's MP225's that I had rewired to bi-amp. I was looking for something lighter and powered. I set them up in my garage to do a small test. I just set them right on top of my sub's two double 18's Peavey QW's with 8ooo watt's pushin em switched them to ext. sub and they kept up with no problen! I carry a DB meter to set levels when we are in a small room drove them to 124 DB and they didn't even clip. I am going to buy two more and have a fly arm built and get em up there about 12 to 14 feet.with just the mid's and highs comming through them for the money you can't beat em, PERIOD.The Buckster Feature: They come with all you need. I really like the locking high voltage lines. I contacted QSC about flying them and I was told not to hang them from one another due to phase cancellation, You would have to set the lower speaker cab down @ 45degrees to keep the horns from overlapping. They said you would need to it on the vertical, which would be a pain in the a%$. I will keep em for a amall system and buy the KLA's which have a much narrower dispersion on the horns. Ease of Use: All the manual's are straight foward and to the point I really like the disc they send with them so you can file the mess in yo puter and forget it. If you know anything about sound and can read the back of the cab. They are a breeze to set up and use. As far as what I do with em, I run a five peice classic rock band through with using 19 channels,,,everything is mic'd up. We are doing a out door festival at the end of this month we shall see how well they carry it down the street. Quality: I have been doing this for around forty years now,,,Yup I is an ol'fart but I still ROCK. I have been around and have owned some really nice stuff over the years and would say it is built as well as anything out there. I pushed them suckers with the sub's at that level for around three hours straight if they were goin to fail I would have fried em. I couldn't even get em to clip! But again I have them in ext sub mode which according to QSC is a bi- amped Mid and high only set up. The finish is as good as the rest perhaps a little bit better the splatter paint is repairable if you ding one up. I bought the covers which are very well made. The Life? I have been running crown class d's bi amped on my monitors for around six years with a drive rack,,and knock on wood have not a crash one. Value: They are well worth the money like I said I am ordering two more today but I am going to add the 152's for the versatility. Manufacturer Support: I have been using QSC's for around 25 tears they tech. guys are the best and I mean that. Most folks think crown is the one and only for pro gear. It is without a doubt very good gear But still own two of the old MX1500a's they are still my monitor rack and still gettin up just as clear as the day I bought em. The guysand girls @ QSC are very in tune witcha and can tell what what you need to know normally right the or the most I have ever had to wait on a call back was around 15 min's try gettin that from crown or any of the other companys.. As far as service honest to god truth never needed any again knock on wood man... The Wow Factor: I don't think I would want to sleep wit em but they are are tuff looking cab's. Just pick one up and you feel how well ther're made Overall: I'll hold on to em till some try's to steal em but they gotta get by my M-4 first. I will hand on to em for smaller gig's. But I already am getting quotes on a complete KLA system I have already put all my other gear up on consignment at a local store. I considered the JBL vertec but I am leary of the curves at the horn end of em. Looks like a wound waitin to happen. The only draw back is the fact that I can't fly em like I was hoping I could. But I have a friend who's a machinest and he's is comming by today to design and build some fly bars for em. And no I would still use QSC. Like I said I have used them all from JBL Srx. mp's to Peavey's Qw's and even tried some Mackies for around three gig's. They are built very well and i wish I could fly em on the Horz.
20 of 21 people (95.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

QSC KW152 PA Speaker Customer Review submitted September 19, 2011

Musical Background: PASTOR of a Church
Music Style: christian /counry
Sound: Amazing Speakers very happy with Product Our church loves them they are so clear to listen to Quality: shipped very well amazed Value: the price was hard for me but when we played the speakers at the store i was hooked Manufacturer Support: they were the best help with all the product that we purchased Overall: many many years not changing

"Listen for yourself" submitted September 10, 2012

By Mark R in Gettysburg, PA
Overall
Musical Background: over 15years experience, DJ, Sound Technician, INFOCOMM CTS, synaudcon
Music Style: All
Overall: Wow, where do I begin. First let me run you through my experience of ownership of various powered loudspeakers. My first line were the JBL PRX615 and 635s. Then I purchased the EV ELX115s 118s and 112s. Now I am the owner of QSC KW152S. YIPPIE! (not so fast). After attending Infocomm and hearing the loudspeakers first hand, I was so excited about the EV line that I purchased the ELX115s. I set them up side by side with my JBLs and was so impressed that I immediately bought the subs and the 12 to match. They simply held their own or sounded even better in my opinion. I had a SPL meter and the specs were there. I sold my JBLs to purchase the EV subs and 12 to go with the 15. After owning the EVs for over a year and playing many shows, I decided to upgrade to the QSC. My colleagues and clientele all raved about the QSC line. I already heard the K12s but they wouldnt be enough for what I needed to do. I decided to go with the KW152s. My plan was to purchase the KWs and sell my EV 12s and 15s. My KW152s arrived. I set them up side by side with the EV ELX115s, SPL meter in hand, ready to hear what all the rave was about. Low and behold. I just pissed away over $2000. There was a noticeable difference, but anything under 120 db forget it! I placed an ad on craigslist that simply said EV or QSC speakers for sale, take your pick. I am not writing this review to pump up the EV line. I am only trying to write a fair review. They both have the same cabinet, paint, active throughpass (which the JBL does not). I give the edge to the QSC for the fan and aesthetics.

When you call, mention priority code 14QT-XQXL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976