When you call, mention priority code 1ZZ-3RWS

Rating and Reviews: PreSonus ADL600 Mic Pre

Big, warm, smooth, clear -- that's the sound of this 2-channel class A tube mic preamp, with 72 dB of gain, switchable impedance, instrument inputs and more.

""Better Late Than Never"" submitted March 11, 2014

By Larry Hansen in Middlebury, CT
Overall
Musical Background: Semi-pro acoustic guitarist for quite some time.
Music Style: Varies with the mood.
Overall: It only took a few years before I finally pulled the trigger on this unit, ( I've done a lot of research and painstakingly tried a variety of pres) but, I'm glad I did! The unit arrived late this morning and I ran vocals and mic'd my acoustic guitar thru it this evening. Beautiful, warm tone..I couldn't be happier!I have a pair of Focusrite ISA One's that I dearly love and have used for quite some time ( I won't give 'em up). The ADL 600 just takes things to a different level and makes my sound a warmer and larger, especially if I do solo acoustic guitar.This unit is solid, heavy, powerful (like an old muscle car), but more importantly is the quality of sound it produces. I know some may think this pre is 'old-hat', but I know one thing. It sounds reaaally good. Isn't that what it's all about? Monet well spent! Period!It ain't cheap, but why settle for something less when it comes to making your music?

"believe the hype" submitted April 19, 2015

By joshua b in dallas, TX
Music Style: Hip-hop
Overall: Big, warm, and clean. Presonus outdid themselves with this mic pre..have it matched with an at4040 for hip-hop vocals and the title of my review says it all. I am looking to upgrade my mic to some form of Neumann but I'm not sure I need to with this bad boy here..with the recent price drop, this thing is a steal.

"Powerhouse Preamp" submitted March 27, 2016

By Malcolm Palm in MILFORD, CT
Musical Background: Playing drum for 50+ years
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Jazz
Overall: I purchased this 2 channel pre for my drum overheads. It produces all the clean signal that I need, and then some. I also use it to run signal back in from my DAW using the line in, then to compressors and equalizers to fatten the sound, then back to a stereo print track. This is a very versatile box.

"Is it a Dream" submitted March 13, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: Film score, ADR, Rock music, Comercial, and Corporate video audio work. (Engineer)
Music Style: Varies! The only thing that gives me a hard time is Country.
Sound: First off I didn't think that I would ever be happy, and proud to say that I own a Line 6 PODxt. Until one day I brought home my ADL. When I ran my POD through this pre amp, I about died. It actually sounded like I was going through an actual cab. I also tried it on my Martin (acoustic) and I was floored with the brightness and tone that came out. Vocals were another, alive, and vibrant! The only thing that I was not truly happy with was none of my basses sounded beyond this world, great sound, but for some reason I still like my Robby for my basses. Lastly, running a mix back out through the ADL, was a very good decision, after rerecording back into my DAW, I use a Precision Limiter from U.A. and everything sounds perfect!!! Feature: Sleek, Elegant, Sharp, Mean, and just straight up BEAUTIFUL Ease of Use: SUPER EASY!! with having the analogue meters, you also have light meters that help you push the ADL into your compressor, and get the fullest tone that it can produce without going into too much distortion. Quality: Yes. Everything is sound, and sturdy. The knobs are strong yet very smooth. The trim nob seems a little too loose and fast, but it is very accurate with its movements. Last, the switches are very strong and durable. I don't think you would ever accidently bump into one and it would snap off! Value: It is a little pricey, but you DO get what you payed for! Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: I think that if I could afford it, and after I get the other mic pre's that I want, I would definitely buy a second one. Overall: This Pre would ALWAYS be in my arsenal, I believe that ANY equipment can be used in something. Everything has its place, and so does the ADL.
25 of 29 people (86.21%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 1ZZ-3RWS. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976