When you call, mention priority code 1739-KZPP

Rating and Reviews: PDP X7 Lacquer Maple Drum

Equipped with professional mounts, heads, tuning system and a lacquer finish, this kit attains aesthetic and tonal beauty that rivals the best setups.

Overall

"dont waste your money on anything else.just try the x7s and you will be impressed even if you dont know a thing about drums .you" submitted November 13, 2009

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: 50 years of drumming
Music Style: jazz and fusion and soloist
Sound: this set of drums is right up there with dw and any other set you can buy. i know i have owned allot of high end kits and these are the best sounding and best value in drums i have ever had.and i love the finish and high quality hardware.i cant belive they are made in china.
35 of 36 people (97.22%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"I love my X-7 but my girl won't let me sleep with it" submitted September 26, 2011

Overall
Sound: The x-7 is awsome just used for the first time in a live situation after the show the other bands commented on how the x-7 cuts through ever thing highs and lows punchy crisp with great tone and response PDP hit it out of the park with the x-7 the price the shells the finishes everything about this set screams pro but at a working mans budget thanks PDP for an awsome sounding set at a great price point!!!!!!!!!!! A+++++++++++++++ Feature: no complaints about the features at all the memory locks work great simple to use the tom mounts are fully adjustable for all kinds of user friendly set up no complaints here well maybe a cup holder would be nice LOL Ease of Use: tunes easily the drums sound great wet or dry Quality: great qaulity the finishes look great the hardware on the drums work easily drum/tom mounts work awsome total adjustable really user friendl thanks PDP Value: great price tempted to buy 2 sets at that price the qaulity of the drums vs. price no brainer Manufacturer Support: 10 , A++++++++++++ pdp rocks and zz sounds The Wow Factor: looks as good at it sounds I'm so satisfied and happy with the X-7 drum set I've gotten nothing positive comments Overall: I'll play this set until I beat it in to submission wich will be a very long time considering the quality of this set

"PDP x7 All Maple Rock!" submitted May 25, 2009

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: Professional Musician
Sound: Invest time tuning and you will be EXTREMELY happy. An Aquarian or Emad for the kick and what ever suits you for the toms and snare. I have Evans Ec2's and the set sounds incredible. The bass drum on the PDP X7 Maple sounds better than my collectors. I am super impressed with this kit. Feature: All the stuff you need with the shell pack is great. Extra tuning lugs, washers, etc. The basic PDP hardware is simple to use and sturdy. Quality: I inspected each drum carefully and found the finish to be exceptional. These drums are made in China and I had some worries about the bearing edges, finish, hardware etc. The drums were packed very nicely and there were no scratches, dents or blemishes. Value: Most Bang for the buck hands down. I spent over $3000.00 for my Collectors Series and $900.00 for the All Maple X7's. I personally like the sound of the X7's better,,probably because they are 1/3 the price but seriously, these drums sound absolutely incredible and they feel like they will last if you take care of them, just as you would any other drum. Manufacturer Support: Spoke to customer service before I purchased the kit. Very Helpful and knowledgeable. The Wow Factor: Awesome finishes available. The silver to black fade is a really cool looking kit. Overall: I recently sold a DW collectors in the exact same configuration. I am crazy about tuning my drums and I would challenge anyone who could tell the difference between the two sets, tuned the same with the same drum heads.
78 of 83 people (93.98%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Look..this set rocks and that's that...Why pay more for less???" submitted January 25, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist, Active Musician...
Music Style: Rock, Punk, and much more
Sound: This set is incredible overall. The quality, finish, sound, and hardware are all top notch. The only downer is the snare and the stock heads. The snare is...well...its pretty cheap. Out of the box it sounds like a turd but it can be tuned up. I put Evans EC2 on the toms and EMAD2 on the bass...250% improvement. I also bought a PDP rack system for the kit and let me tell you...Freaking awesome. I have been drumming for about 16yrs now and this is the best set up I have ever owned. Why pay more for less??? Don't be a tard. Feature: Cheap heads...change them...

"Buy It Now!!!!!!" submitted March 24, 2011

Musical Background: Recording Musician Chapter S released by Toshiba EMI Japan
Sound: I just ordered this kit a few days ago from zZounds but I played a demo at Guitar Center (zZounds payment plan sealed the deal for me in tough economic times also $150.00 cheaper.) My cousin has this exact kit and my brother plays a DW Waterfall Bubinga Collectors kit. The differences in my brothers kit and this kit are EXTREMELY minimal as far as the tonal quality of the drums. I know that you have to invest in hardware but these drums are simply amazing and rivals the sound of my Brothers Dw kit. This is 23 years of experience on a drum kit speaking and this kit is the real deal people. Dw is acknowledged as the best recording drums in the world PERIOD and this kit, with proper tuning sounds just as good even my brother with his 6k shell pack was amazed. You will not regret this purchase!!!!!!!! Feature: Shell pack sorry nothing to report here. Ease of Use: Very easy to tune only tinkered 5 mins on display kit and they sounded better than my Mapex Meridian Maple kit. Quality: Drum Workshop people come on. Value: A STEAL!!! Manufacturer Support: Nothing to report here. The Wow Factor: The finish is great rivals DW drums. Overall: I am a PDP player for life until I can afford my own DW's
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"EPIC kit.....can't miss." submitted August 10, 2014

By Mike N in Kenner, LA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for over 30 years since I was a kid, and I've played pretty much anything percussion.Trained by Marty Hurley, thankfully
Music Style: Our band Epic plays a little of everything..rock, pop, country, motown, oldies, everything but heavy metal.
Overall: Bought this kit as my first "show" kit for our new band a couple of years ago, and I won't be getting another one for a very long time. Great sound, built to last, looks great. www.facebook.com/thebandepic if ya wanna check it out in action.

""Pro quality sound on a hobbyist's budget."" submitted April 13, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Active musician / music production.
Music Style: rock, punk, metal
Sound: I recently upgraded to the x7 maple from a 7 piece gretch black hawk. without changing the settings on my mixers & recording station, the pdp x7 came across with the sound i've tried to achive with the black hawk but couldn't due to the kit it's self. I had eyed the pdp x7 for a few years and when i saw it as a maple kit, i jumped on it. 100% glad I did. With a new set of remo black suedes the x7 maple sounds so much richer than my old kit and so very close if not as good as high end kits made from same woods/plys,etc. costing much more. "Pro sound on a hobbyist's budget." Feature: The x7 maple, coming with a sack of extra lugs washers and more aside, has a few very great features. All the hardware mounts are backed with rubber plates, the bass hoop claws are lined w/ rubber boots, and the beater side bass hoop has a rubber grip to recieve your kick pedal-(.brilliant) the bass tom-tom mount has an extra neck and clamp 4 an accesory of your choosing-"cow bell". every thing on this kit is beefy, as well as asteticaly pleasing. Thanx pdp for truly engineering a kit with a drummer's needs in mind but also a working mans' budget, as well as the drum's bests interests (life span) to boot. Ease of Use: It's a drumset. Erganomically the kit sets up well.Easy to get a comfortable configuration with tomtoms etc.. Tuning was a snap, dialling my sound was surprisingly easy. I would attribute this to the solid constuction and overall clarity of the kit as a whole. Quality: The quality of the pdp x7 maple is very impressive. It's about time a company built a drum kit (any instrument 4 that matter) for those of us who aren't yett playing the hollywood paladium but that could, in my opinion, fit in well on that stage. Every thing from the finish, to the weight of the hardware & the unique style that is pdp truly is quality driven. Don't forget the fact that this kit sounds stadium quality at a next to basement venue price. Once again, kudos to pdp for an excellant & honest product.( can't stress this enough!) Value: I'm going nine on this only because-no hardware; cym stands etc.. I am only griping for those who may not be able to stretch this kit due to that fact. Personally, I feel the price is right. Manufacturer Support: I'm only going to assume that pdp support is outstanding. I havent needed to call on them wich is why I gave a nine. The kit came with a dvd on set up and a little drum crash course. What more can they do pre-problems for their customer. The Wow Factor: I own it, I love it, it could sell it's self across the board. Live or in the studio, this set is an excellant performer. Tight, punchy, and if you desire draws a deep & distinct resonance. You could ask less from a more expensive kit and not recieve. Overall: I'll play this kit till one of us goes. Then I'll replace it with the same. PDP has done striving musicians a great service, & givin drummers of all class a truly solid & thaught involved drumset. You could spend more on something else, but why bother. thanx again PDP/DW.

"1 year old and still sound amazing" submitted April 17, 2014

By Ross Foster in Fort McMurray, AB
Musical Background: 20+ years - Gigs, Jams, Rehersals
Music Style: Heavy Rock, Rock, Blues
Overall: I have been giging with this kit for about 1 year and still useing the factory remo heads I am playing heavy rock and rock on the original tom heads, have replaced the snare with an evans 360, I should have done this at the start, I am always getting positive comments on the sound of the X7 and its a real shame they no longer produce this kit

"Bang for your bucks!" submitted October 24, 2010

By a customer from cox.net
Overall
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Pop, Irish, pretty much everything except Country or Hip Hop
Sound: I've owned SEVERAL kits in the last 10 years from pretty much every drum manufacturer you can think of (and a couple you can't) but I had never owned a DW/Pacific kit. Looks like I've been missing out. I was seriously impressed with this kit right out of the box (literally) when I unpacked it. The drums are very resonant and full sounding, with the highlights being the kick drum and rack toms. The snare is really not that good. I recommend swapping out all the heads top and bottom with upgrades and replacing the hoops if you can afford it. Feature: The drums feature Tru-pitch tuning rods and this is my first experience with them. Not sure if they are really worth the hype, but once I replaced the stock drumheads with some Aquarians, they seemed to tune up pretty easily. The stock hoops are flimsy so I replaced them with either die cast or 2.3 mm (whatever I had lying around). The mounting hardware is very sturdy and once I placed the toms and legs where I wanted them, they stuck. The stock drumheads are not worth keeping. I replaced all the stock t-rod washers with nylon as I prefer no metal to metal contact if I can help it. Ease of Use: These drums are very resonant, especially the 14x12 floor tom. The 10" and 12" toms tune up well and have a snap and tonality I really like. The 14, while being resonant, doesn't tune very low. The 16 sounds ok, but I'm still trying to dial it in. The 22" bass drum is fantastic but the stock 14" snare, even with 10 lugs, is a lost cause. I don't think prayer and an animal sacrifice could make this drum sound good. I do not use the 8" tom. Quality: The finish is very well done, but I found one drum with some underspray near the bearing edge so I could see the silver sparkle undercoat. The 14" tom hoops were slightly bent and the brackets had some scratches. If I didn't have a Tempus kit as my main gigging drumset, I would have no problem playing this kit out at shows. I would of course recommend some hardware upgrades (hoops, nylon washers) and new heads, but the shells are quality and contribute to a nice tone. Value: These drums are essentially a steal for this price. Manufacturer Support: I'm pretty self sufficient but I know I can call my local shop and get parts or help when I need it. The Wow Factor: I bought it, didn't I? Overall: I tend to go through drumkits, depending on the needs of the gigs I play. I've settled on a few things in regards to my personal setup and this kit fits what I need right now. I would like it if there were more options for component drums, but I can't complain.

"pdp x7 drums" submitted September 26, 2012

By mark spanks in somersworth, NH
Overall
Musical Background: drummer for 30 plus yrs pro.
Music Style: alice in chains tribute band and heavy metal cover and org bands and top 40s cover bands
Sound: very good sounding drums but need to replace heads Ease of Use: new evans heads g series hyderalics Quality: very will made set Value: very much so Manufacturer Support: do not know yet just brought them The Wow Factor: there are sets you like working with and sound is #1 and this pdp x7 set is one ,so far has preformed nicely stays in tune sounds great Overall: i have a tama hyper drive 6 set witch sound great i was looking for a set with the same setup and thought i would try the pdp x7 and i am glad i did this set sounds great , the only think you need to replace are the heads i use evans g,s series hydraulic s with aquauian for the snare beautiful sounding set would recommend this set to weekend to pro drums i have been playing for over 30 plus yrs in the business very good sounding set maple shells love them !!!!i would give this 5 stars

"blemished x7" submitted February 16, 2012

Musical Background: brummer since 88
Sound: amazing expecilly for the price full body with punch Feature: its just a shell kit but it looks amazing Ease of Use: like any other kit to set up Quality: 100% excellent Value: you couldnt get a better kit in this rang Manufacturer Support: havent had to deal with them The Wow Factor: finish was outstanding Overall: i was really nervous since i ordered the blemished set and come to find that it had never even been opened when i opened it and started stetting it the look and the layout was amazing i love this kit!!!!!!

"Buy these drums, You cant go wrong. Finish is very nice, Remember PDP gives you more than you pay for." submitted August 2, 2011

By a customer from suddenlink.net
Musical Background: Musician Drummer 48 yrs
Music Style: Pock
Sound: The only thing I suggest is to change the heads to a better quality. Feature: Heads is my only complaint Quality: Product is great, You have to keep in mind money factors , Thay are not expensive drums, You get way more product and quality for what little money you spend. Overall: Probably keep them, If I want another set I will just purchase another

"Not for a drummer who drums for a living" submitted April 10, 2012

By Chaz O
Music Style: Rock, Hard Rock, Classic Rock, Metal, Ska
Overall: I've had this kit for about 4 or 5 months. When I first got this kit I also had some chips in the finish, but it was towards the edge, so it wouldn't be seen. The heads it comes with are not durable, and will need to be replaced. The sound of these drums are pretty good once you get them tuned right, but do not compare to a real DW kit. I think this kit is great for a beginner or intermediate drummer, or some one who is on a tight budget. I will upgrade in the future, my next upgrade will be to a DW performance, or possibly collectors :).

When you call, mention priority code 1739-KZPP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976