When you call, mention priority code 158G-P2B0

Rating and Reviews: Ovation CC245 12-String

The Ovation CC245 Celebrity offers beautiful chiming tone. With the onboard OP4BT preamp/tuner, the Ovation CC245 Celebrity also sounds great on stage.

Ovation CC245 12-String Customer Review submitted February 26, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: none, mother of a future rock star
Music Style: rock, blues
Sound: We bought this guitar for my son's 16th birthday. He has a few other guitars, this by far has the best sound quality. Very impressive. Ease of Use: This guitar has an electronic tuner. My son's still tunes by ear, but found the tuner easy to use. Quality: All around great workmanship and materials. I think this guitar will last my son a lifetime. Value: I feel like we got a steal. We bought a blemished guitar and it took my husband and I a very long time to even spot the imperfection. It was a minor scratch in the finish that will never be seen. Manufacturer Support: We haven't had any service issues. I did have to call ZZ Sounds to place the order and they were great to work with. Overall: As I mentioned before, it was bought for my son's 16th birthday. We wanted to get him something special that he would remember for a life time. This guitar definitely will do that.
16 of 18 people (88.89%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best Buy" submitted January 14, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: I'm a hobbyist, but I like to perform as well.
Music Style: Hard Rock, Acoustic
Sound: This is by far the best value priced acoustic electric on the market. The only gripe I have is it's made in China. Other then that, the sound is perfect, it's balance between light and dark tones is fantastic. Plugged in to my Marshall MG50DFX it gave a warm, throaty clean tone, as well as great highs and mids. The distortion was almost perfect for an acoustic electric with very little feedback. Feature: The roundback is amazing. The spruce top is top notch. The finish is almost completely unblemished with one little thing wrong where it looks like the grain wasn't perfect. The on board electronics are great and well made. The on board tuner is easy to use and well designed. Ease of Use: To make this short, anyone who can play guitar, can pick this guitar up and make beauty. Quality: The tuners are all nice and sturdy. The bridge is great. Value: It is above and beyond the best value.
31 of 35 people (88.57%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Incredible bang for the buck." submitted September 23, 2011

Overall
Music Style: classic rock, country rock, country
Sound: Great electric sound, as with all Ovations I've been in contact with. Acoustic sound is a little thin, as with most Ovations I've been in contact with, except some deep bowls. Feature: Ready to plug and play--built-in tuner, battery already in. I guess some would expect a strap and cord? Ease of Use: Easy to use--a no brainer. If you are a guitar player and have been around guitars-electric and acoustic, at all--why would you need a manual? Quality: I'm expecting this thing to be the workhorse all of my other ovations have been. You don't have to baby them. Value: Best bang for the buck. Manufacturer Support: I have had Ovations for thirty-five years and have never had to deal with any problems so I haven't dealt with the company. The Wow Factor: Beautiful looks, sound, and playability. Overall: No more than I play the 12 in my act, etc., I'm thinking it should be with me until I can't play anymore. I would definitely buy another one if something were to happen to it.

"ovation cc245 celebrity 12-string" submitted April 29, 2012

By bobby c in marlboro, MA
Overall
Musical Background: playing 30+planing on going back out,one man show.
Music Style: Acoustic-rock
Overall: What a pretty guitarThe honey burst is unbeliveable and the tone is wonderful.nicest I've played in a long time.Thanks.Babalou!

"Best bang for the buck." submitted October 17, 2011

Overall
Music Style: classic rock, country, easy listening
Sound: The electric sound is as good as it gets, as I feel comes with it being an Ovation. Since it's a mid bowl, acoustically, it's a little thin. I'm a solo performer just running the guitar through a good Peavey all-in-one head and good, old speakers. It sounds great! I've had many comments from musicians in my audience about the great sound of my quitar through my relatively "inexpensive" and simple set-up. Feature: The built-in tuner is a plus. Along with the electric set-up, I'm not sure what else anyone could want. Ease of Use: Push a button for the tuner. Plug it up. Adjust the eq and the volume. Why would you need a manual? Quality: Ovation quality--no worries! I'm expecting this to be my last 12 string. No back-up. Get the Ovation case and it's ready for the road. Value: I feel that with Ovation products, you definitely get what you pay for. You get your money's worth. Manufacturer Support: I've given the company the highest rating because after using Ovation products since 1977, I've never had to contact them about anything. The Wow Factor: I've played many 12 strings, and this is the one I decided on. It's beautiful and it sounds great. What more could you want? Overall: I'm with this guitar from now on. I would replace this guitar with another just like it in a heartbeat.

"Slightly Disappointed" submitted January 10, 2012

Musical Background: 35 years Schecter Hell Raiser Home use
Music Style: Beatles music
Sound: Only received it today January 9th The guitar looks good and sounds good both unplugged and through the amp ( a Peavey Vypyr 15 watt) I had to turn the amp down it was so loud. nice clear sound. Feature: Liked the tuner didnt take long to tune it, I will wait till tomorrow to let the guitar climatize itself and check the tuning. Ease of Use: I had looked around at various 12 strings and had no problem playing any of them that was till tonight........ man my fingers are so sore from this guitar. I play all over the neck and you can tell the string pressure from the 3 rd fret upwards trying to get a Barre chord to sing right is a lot of effort. I have never had this problem with other 12 strings. Maybe getting the action lowered and a general set up may be in order but I am reluctant to have any work done as it is so new and may have to return it. Quality: Apart from the playability with it. The product is well made maybe not up to my standards as like a lower action , but the tone is excellent. Value: price is about right for the guitar maybe a case included would make it more appealing. Manufacturer Support: I will call them tomorrow regarding the action, if it all appears correct then back it goes. The Wow Factor: Try one before buying it it may not " play as you think it should" Overall: See above comments

"Ovation CC245 12 String AE" submitted October 9, 2012

By Kevin S in Henderson, NV
Musical Background: Play Guitar for over 50 years
Music Style: Rock, country, blues
Overall: Unfortunately guitar had a preamp problem. The people at zZounds couldn't have been more understanding. Returned it with absolutely no problems at all. I will continue to buy all my gear from them in the future.

When you call, mention priority code 158G-P2B0. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976