When you call, mention priority code 1603-PFY5

Rating and Reviews: Orange Micro Terror Head

Experience the legendary sound of the Orange Terror series! The Micro Terror brings the iconic Tiny Terror's tasty tones to an even smaller 20-watt amp head.

"Amazing!" submitted September 6, 2013

By Aaron Thompson in Hermosa Beach, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar, bass and drums. . .
Music Style: Rock, Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Blues, Pop, Reggae
Overall: I just got this head today with the accompanied 8" cabinet and all I have to say is "Wow!". This is NOT a toy. With only three knobs, Gain (tube preamp), Tone (Orange tone) and Volume (Steady-State power amp) this little amp is 100% balls without the BS effects like 3band-EQ, Reverb, EFX loop, etc. I bought this head for recording sessions and I'm overwhelmed by the pure tonal characteristics. Orange hit a homerun in my opinion. The steady-state power amp is extremely clean and the AX7 tube preamp offers biting crunch and tube character. I love the simplicity of the tone control which offers an array of classic Orange sounds. For those players looking for more affected sounds for live performances, this amp MAY fall short (despite having plenty of power to drive a much larger 4x12 cabinet quite easily), however it provides a perfect platform for whatever stomp effects you have in your arsenal. . . . at this price point, you can't go wrong. . . .

"Orange Quality" submitted September 7, 2013

By Dean Bothwell in Glendale, AZ
Musical Background: Playing 6 years at home
Music Style: Blues & Rock
Overall: Does everything a great tube amp should, highly controllable with the guitar, harmonics, clean to high gain it all sounds...Orange. Don't need lots of volume but it's there, tone control has a narrow sweet spot. About one o'clock. Gain is plentiful but backing it off to 3/4 sounds best. I own a tiny terror combo and it's the same thing, to much gain gets to be...to much, it's about the tone and the ears right? That's what you get with this and all Orange products, quality tone. It's also solid state but I can't hear or feel it, that tube in there does its job, the more you warm it up the better it sounds, addicting right away. O yeah, one more thing, my wife said its cute...cute is it? Well lets hook it up to a 2 by 12, how you like me now? Crazy good for 150$.

"Hard to go wrong with this amp" submitted October 26, 2012

Overall
Overall: Excellent amp for this price point. It may be psychological, but I love that it has a tube in the preamp and a powerful (I assume digital class D) 20 watt power section. Very responsive with "tubelike" break up and very solidly built. My only complaint would be the tone knob. It seems to be a Muff style circuit where rolling it down increases the bass and rolling it up cuts the bass in addition to effecting the highs. The amps still manages to sound mid-rangy like you would expect, but it would be better served by a treble and bass knob as with some speakers the distortion can get a bit raspy as you crank it. But over all you can still dial it in well and take pedals great!
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Dynamite comes in Orange Packages" submitted February 5, 2014

By John Jenkins in Jasper, AL
Musical Background: I've been playing electric guitar off and on for 44 years
Music Style: I enjoy Classic Rock and roll,country,blues
Overall: After reading hundreds of amplifier reviews,My curiosity with Orange Amplification got the best of me.I have owned a Few Fender Tube amps that were very good and a few years back bought an old Ampeg. Nowadays I have a tendency to buy British amps,my last was a Vox AC4C1.I purchased this little amp for playing at home for myself and my grandson.I was surprised by it's size or the lack of it.We paired the amp with the Orange PPC108 .To be truthful,I am very happy with the package.Nice and clean with the Volume low,Tone,mid range,Gain,at 30%.There a lot of tonal possibilities with volume and gain adjustments.With the volume turned up and the gain up also,all the distortion we could stand.To me,It's a very nice amp for the money.It beats a lot of solid state amps,hands down.It could use a larger Cabinet,possibly a 1X12 and can handle it easily

"Orange Amps Micro Terror " submitted March 17, 2014

By Joshua L in York, SC
Overall
Musical Background: Professional Award Winning Musician, Multi-instrumentalist for 13 years
Music Style: Rock, Hip Hop, Country, Blues, Jazz, Flamenco, Ascoustic
Overall: Very surprised at the value this amp is for the money spent. This is not the amp to end all amps, but for $150, you really can't complain. It is very much so gig-worthy. If you're worried about volume, don't be...I can get up to about ~1.5/10 before my neighbor can hear me in the next apartment.

"The real deal" submitted June 15, 2014

By joe tbone in ada, OK
Overall
Musical Background: 45 years on guitar a few years on the sax.
Music Style: blues and rock. some country depending the band im playing in at the time
Overall: Yeah I got this mainly for home practice and ability to plug in my computer audio at the same time. Now i use it at regular jam sessions with drummer , bass etc. I've never turned it up max and it holds its own with nice tone, volume and ease of lugging around. I show up at jam session with this tucked away in my guitar case. haha thats the novelty part of it. the guys think i'm kidding until i plug in. I have a marshall amp and a blues junior that i mod'ded myself. but I'm in no rush to lug those around when this will do the job.

"NOVELTY AMP" submitted May 28, 2013

By Walt Young in California, CA
Musical Background: Play professionally
Music Style: Country, blues, classic rock.
Overall: I would consider it a novelty amp. There are countless reviews on this little amp saying how loud it is. It is somewhat loud. If you notice all the Tube reviews are metal players. But for anything else forget it. It is an expensive package for what you can do with it. And what you need to add to it to use it. Like a speaker cabinet. Buy any Roland Cube and you are up and running with a wide range of tones and sounds for less money. Having said that there must be something its good for other than a distortion box. I put a Sovtek 12 AX7 5751 tube in it. To me it makes it a useable amp for some other situations. Blues, Rock. The volume increased greatly. The tone knob has better tones, not just treble to mud. The gain is tamer and better sounding. But the main thing is the volume has more control and lots more of it. It has a little more noise when the volume or gain is cranked but it goes away when you play. I use it with a Weber 10", 15 watt, 8 ohm speaker as that's what I had to work with. It needs a speaker with more wattage. I tried it with a medium loud band and it barley hangs in there. But for low to medium level practice, jams and parties it will work. You just need to bring a light weight speaker cabinet and the little amp in your gig bag with a cable. A reverb pedal is nice with it. You want more tone and volume add an EQ pedal. It is too powerful I think for an 8 inch speaker. I use to have a Ragin Cajun 10", 50 watt speaker that I would love to use with this thing. It will not replace my gig rig but it will work for casual jams or home playing now. My ratings are with the stock tube.

"Micro "HUGESOUNDS" Terror" submitted April 9, 2013

By Filipe R in Toronto, ON
Overall
Musical Background: I play guitar for a couple years ( home training)
Music Style: Metal and its sub genres , Rock , Punk and its sub genres , Reggae , Techno , Rap
Overall: I just got mine yesterday and im still speechless. The sounds that come out of this little box are bigger than the CN Tower itself . It completely knocked out my Marshall MG15. I love the fact of just one knock for tone because to me it is just simpler to use than 10 different knobs of EQ. but that's me ! Im still getting used to less knobs and how to get the sound . Talking about sound the sound of this thing is great , very clear on clean tones , only problem is when you drive the gain knonb past 3 o'clock it gets too fuzzy . Having good cables will help a lot in terms of hums and hisses problems. Overall great amp for the money and certainly much more that i could ever expect from something thats smaller than my shoe

When you call, mention priority code 1603-PFY5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976