When you call, mention priority code 1758-S4HS

Rating and Reviews: 12-Space Rack Stand

Who needs a bulky rack case on your studio desk? Put all your outboard gear right where you need it with this sturdy 12-space rack stand from On-Stage.

12-Space Rack Stand Customer Review submitted July 9, 2009

By a customer from att.net
Musical Background: Recording
Feature: Amazingly simple. This is not a rack strickly for live use. It's a nice little unit that can be used anywhere you need to rackmount your expensive gear. Fits in almost any little nook & cranny. Also, the angled design makes it way easier to see the small increments on your equipment knobs when the rack is placed on the floor. Ease of Use: Too easy. I gotta be honest. I called the company & zZounds.com when I received the unit & proceeded to put it together because I thought it was missing some hardware. It wasn't!! That's how simple & "no hassle" this little guy is! Quality: Considering it's just a few racks, metal bars, & some screws, I would say "superb." Very sturdy, probably more than some of the more expensive products. Value: Excellent value. Makes you feel ripped off by the plethora of other racks on the market. Overall: The only reason I give it a 9 overall is because I have an older version of this rack. The manufacturer changed some parts, specifically the rubber non-slip feet & the metal brace on top that hold the 2 sides firmly. Plus, some of the hardware is wing nuts instead of the older style nuts & bolts. This creates a slight mismatch between the older & the newer model. However, I'm not saying this isn't a significant improvement!

"Good buy! Great price!" submitted November 1, 2003

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Music Style: Classical keyboards, folk and contemporary guitar and vocals
Sound: N/A Feature: For the money, you can't beat it! Perfect size for my home studio and my Focusright Voice Master Pro with room for more. Quality: Sturdy and good quality materials Value: I couldn't find anything, anywhere as good and as cheap. Why pay hundreds of dollars, when you can have this item for this low price if it suites your needs. The Wow Factor: Nice looking. Better than the picture

"Excellent choice for setups not requiring portability" submitted October 19, 2004

Musical Background: home recording/musician
Music Style: rock, country, electronic... blah blah blah
Overall: If you need a rack for home studio use, this is a good choice. It let's your gear breathe better than an enclosed rack, it's sturdy and stable enough, it gives you side access to your gear which can be helpful depending on your setup. However, two quips: 1. you have to be careful how you organize your gear because of the angle of the rack. If you put your power conditioner on the bottom, the wall warts are not going to fit (too close to the table), you'll have to set the whole rack unit up on books or some other stilts. If you put your deepest item on top, you're going to be top heavy and it doesn't feel really stable that way (didn't fall, though) but if you put it on bottom, it may also have a conflict with the table if it is quite deep (like a synth tone module as opposed to a reverb or patchbay, for example). Now the real killer: I don't care what the ad copy says, this thing is NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT easy to carry around with you. Think about it, where are you going to grip it? No wheels, no handles, no sides... you're going to be grabbing it by your GEAR. Awkward at best, downright panic-inspiring most of the time. And twelve pieces of rack gear is HEAVY, partner. So, what I'm saying here is, buy it because it's cheap, but not because it looks light and portable with that one item stuck in it in the ad photo. This thing is a real BEAST for trying to take places. I'm already shopping more traditional, enclosed racks with wheels & handles... I REFUSE to move this thing around any more, grabbing it tenuously by my gear.

"It's Tougher Than It Looks!" submitted February 17, 2012

By Dean Kesler in Oconto Falls, WI
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for 35 years. I play electric & acoustic guitars, bass guitar, drums and, mandolin.
Music Style: Country (classic to modern), Rock, Bluesy stuff, Southern Rock
Overall: I was looking for some sort of rack or stand for my Behringer X1832USB mixer besides my guitar stand and found this rack stand. It looked a bit cheesy online but, I figured for less than 30 bucks, I had nothing to lose. Once it arrived, I unpacked it and put it together. Still looked a bit lite to me but, I mounted the mixer and topped it with a Behringer EPQ1200 power amp and, Wow! Sturdy as can be! Not a wiggle or bend. I was very pleasantly surprised and wouldn't hesitate for a moment to buy another one, or two or...you get the point!

"The only rack you need really." submitted August 8, 2011

Musical Background: Music Producer
Music Style: Instrumental
Sound: It doesn't have sound but that's a good thing. Feature: It came with everything you need. That includes the screws and washers that you need. Nothing extra. It was smaller than I thought. I don't know why I thought it was huge. Ease of Use: It's pretty simple to assemble, if you have never assembled anything in life it comes with a little manual with pictures on it. (That's all I ever look at anyway) Quality: It's as sturdy as it needs to be. You can break it down and take it with you at ease. Besides If your traveling it's not the rack that you need to be worried about, it's the modules you have on it. Value: For me, I don't even have enough hardware to fill the rack because I only got it for 3 things. You do not need anything more on this scale. Manufacturer Support: You won't need support for this product. The Wow Factor: There's not much to it. It is a nice design as far as it's simplicity. Overall: I most likely won't need another rack for my project studio. There is no rack of this price that can beat it.

"Nice Rack!! Uh HUH!!!!!" submitted January 29, 2013

By Bobby G in Jupiter, FL
Musical Background: Piano and used to be a DJ. Now an Audiophile
Music Style: World, New Age, Rock, mostly. Appreciate all genres.
Overall: I have one of these racks and use it for rack mount high end stereo equipment. It's as sturdy as can be and depending on the rack sizes of your gear you can mount between 3-6 pieces. Easy 1,2,3 assembly, fit and finish very nice ****** Five Stars for this piece and the price makes it a no brainer! I wish they had a rack around 44" as I would grab it and so would others I know!

"A good value for your money!" submitted March 26, 2005

Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Hobbyist Musician
Music Style: Whatever pays the bills!
Feature: If you fill this unit with different size units(1U, 2U, etc...) it's a pain because, unlike traditional(and more expensive) rack stands, this unit only has screws where 1U boxes are SUPPOSED to fit...alot of vintage gear is 1/8" or so off, and that means wasted rack space...currently, I've got all twelve spaces used for what SHOULD take up only 10 Quality: It doesn't move, so it shouldn't fall apart. Made of steel. Bottom rack space sucks, and won't fit much more than a patchbay(although, that can be OK, since who wants wires in the way of all the other gear?) Value: Cheap....Very Cheap. It works well for the money The Wow Factor: Racks are only sexy when they are full....if you buy this, but only have one or two things to put in it...expect a searing hole to develop in your wallet until you've filled it with your favorite rack units! Then prepare to buy another rack stand and start all over! Overall: Great price, Decent quality, angle helps for glare and tweaking purposes....but detracts from usage of the bottom slot(or two)

"Nice Rack" submitted April 26, 2012

By Sean Hale in Burbank, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been writing and recording music for 30 years. Guitar is my first instrument.
Music Style: I enjoy writing Rock, Singer Songwriter, Electronic, World Music and experimental.
Overall: I needed a desktop rack that would fit a compact mixer under it and this one fit the bill. I was worried it would be flimsy and that my rack gear might be to heavy for it. I was happy after assembling the rack that it was strong and sturdy and was easily able to support my rack gear without being wobbly or otherwise cheap and weak. What better is that it's a nice compact recording set up having the rack gear right above the mixer. Short cables... small footprint... ergonomic. I would recommend this Rack

"Very inexpensive and easy way to clean up your home studio space" submitted January 9, 2011

Music Style: Americana
Sound: Nice addition to our home studio. Inexpensive, easy to assemble and a great way to tidy up our work area (used to have a bunch of stuff strung out all over the place). Not as good looking as the Star Trek looking desk consoles w/built in rack spaces, but they're also a few thousand dollars less expensive... Ease of Use: Very easy, if you put some components in it ... Quality: No complaints. Will probably by three or four more 'cause they are so cheap and are great way to clean up the studio space.

"A fine rack for little money" submitted July 30, 2003

Music Style: Rock, Blues, Country
Sound: Though I beg and plead, it remains silent. I have to give it a 5 for being both yin and yang. Feature: It's very basic, but it's very cheap. It does the job. Quality: Seems solid. I have 3 units in the rack currently and I expect to see them there when I get home later. Value: A great value at this price, especially considering the relative lack of options in the rack area. It's either "build your own" or "buy an expensive stage rig". This really is a great option. Manufacturer Support: Come on. The Wow Factor: I rate it high because it is my first rack, and it will probably be yours or you wouldn't be looking at it. When you set it up and look at it and go "wow, that's my rack, man", you'll be just as happy as me. Overall: Still got 8 more spaces!

"Great Price and Functionality!" submitted February 7, 2011

By a customer from clear.net
Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist (just having fun!)
Sound: Sound is non-existant from the rack, but the amps and effects it holds sound great. Feature: Nice little rack, perfect for my purposes. Ease of Use: Simple to put together. Quality: Adequate for the job and great for the price point. Value: I can't find anything that beats this value. Manufacturer Support: No need. The Wow Factor: Not real sexy, but it mounts and organizes some sexy stuff! Overall: I think this will be adequate for my needs, i may add an identical one if needed.

"Perfect price for perfect product" submitted December 30, 2005

Musical Background: Radio Engineer
Music Style: Alternative
Feature: Bag a screws comes with it. Quality: Very solid design. Rubber feet wont scratch desk or wood floor. Value: Very good price for a very good product The Wow Factor: If you

"It arrived this afternoon, I put it together, and am very satisfied with this rack." submitted July 27, 2005

By a customer from juno.com
Music Style: All
Sound: Not applicable. Feature: Has everything you need. Quality: Very sturdy. I think it is well designed. Value: I think it is worth the price. Manufacturer Support: Not applicable... The Wow Factor: It is perfect for desktop use in a small home studio. Overall: Good product - I don't see any reason to spend hundreds of dollars on a rack when you can get this one, and use the money you save to buy more effects units...

"Pretty good but not perfect" submitted January 27, 2006

Music Style: Jazz
Overall: This works as a good inexpensive solution for studios. Although they call it a table top stand, you'd most likely want to sit it on the floor instead. But beware, only 11 of the 12 spaces are usable unless you put an extremely shallow item in the bottom space. Due to the angle and bottom horizontal bar, items in the bottom rack space will either touch the floor or get blocked by the back bar which really represents poor design in my opinion. They should have extended the rack rails at the bottom in order to avoid that problem. Also, it comes with rack screws but no washers. But for the price, it's hard to beat. Just count on 11 spaces instead of 12.

"Best rack bang for the buck!" submitted March 3, 2004

Overall
Feature: It's a rack - it holds stuff and does that well... only grip is the bottom space is easily used due to it's angle - only shallow devices will fit. Quality: it's made of metal... Value: For less than 30 bucks it's a great deal... Manufacturer Support: if you need help putting this thing together you need help period...

"Great rack stand but..." submitted September 10, 2014

By Zach B in Philadelphia, PA
Overall
Musical Background: guitar, drums, bass, recording engineer
Music Style: rock, punk, indie, metal
Overall: This rack stand is great in terms on convenience, portability. I only have 4 units so far so it looks about half full. I'd recommend leaving the top-most slot open so you can grip the top bar like a handle when moving. However, the screws are a nightmare. So many of the holes in the stand are poorly threaded that it strips every single screw I try. As a result, I can't use half of the rack and I had to throw away many of the screws. Tried pre-threading the holes with a screw but that doesn't seem to work either. It's driving me mad!

"None Better For the Money" submitted August 26, 2009

Musical Background: Musician, Aspiring recording engineer
Music Style: Jazz Fusion
Feature: The rack comes with rubber feet already attached as well as a bag of rack screws. Ease of Use: Four parts connected with wing nuts. Very easy to assemble which is great for transporting the rack. Quality: A very rugged piece of equipment, the stand holds up well with heavy objects racked near the top. The only problem is that the top space will be a bit too narrow if two of the wing nuts are over-tightened. Value: For $30 there's nothing better. The Wow Factor: Everything's black. The stand looks clean on the floor and I'd imagine on a tabletop as well. Overall: I expect to use this stand for a long time to come. It's the perfect size to have next to you on the floor or on a table. The stand is well-built and definitely worth the money.

When you call, mention priority code 1758-S4HS. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976